The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Lets get back to the footy

Any team news for tomorrow night? Im persuming it will be Kuyt/Crouch up front?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

And another thing you can be sure of is that many of the United fans who were defending and rationalizing the events in Rome and Manchester last month (very possibly with complete justification) would be expressing outrage, talking about typical Liverpool supporter behaviour, and refusing to accept any defense such as police provocation and over-reaction if it had been Liverpool fans and not United fans in that situation.

The Real Laoislad

or maybe Aldridge/Rush?? (Just checking to see if anyone's bothered with football matters anymore)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mentalman

Supersarsfields, the whole comment wasn't aimed at you, apologies if it seemed that way, obviously you did condemn the Munich comments. It was more a carry over from the previous threads about "funny" songs and some of the carry on with regard to both Utd. and the 'Pool on here over recent weeks.

I'm sure many similar stories can be picked out about incidents in other cities. The point of this story, and plenty of others, was people being singled out because of their Irishness. I'm a supporter too, and enjoy a bit of p!sstaking with my friends who support rival clubs, but there's a limit to it, and for me that's where people start living and dying, it's only a game at the end of the day. Also personally I stopped talking about "we" years ago, when it was made obvious "we" weren't really wanted - "we" are just "woollybacks" after all.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteQuick lads knock it off before the boul Hurl locks this thread......

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) - it'll not be locked - as long as you keep your racist comments out of it

brokencrossbar1

All the reports that I have been reading is that it will be 4-4-1-1 with Gerard behind either Crouch or Kuyt.  I initially thought it would be Kuyt, but havea notion he will play Crouch because of his goals in europe this season.  

I have to say I am very nervous, which is not helped by the fact that I will not be able to see it as I have to head away.  I fear Chelsea at the minute and can only hope than the fatigue factor over the two legs is going to be beneficial.  

I don't think Liverpool will let more than 2 in tomorrow night, but they need to score to make sure they go through in the second leg.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 24, 2007, 01:36:32 PM
QuoteQuick lads knock it off before the boul Hurl locks this thread......

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) - it'll not be locked - as long as you keep your racist comments out of it

How did you feel about Slims reference to Heysel, ok to mention 35 people dying but as long as we are PC you are happy.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

SlimShady

ahoy there Sailor,

Slim didnt say anything that was untrue. Heysel happened.

The Real Laoislad

I couldn't see Chelsea scoring two against Liverpool not with the defense we have this season
Being totally honest i think Chelsea will win the tie,but if tiredness is a problem for them we may just do it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

QuoteHow did you feel about Slims reference to Heysel, ok to mention 35 people dying but as long as we are PC you are happy.....

The nerve of you to post this after some of the shite you've posted previously.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteHow did you feel about Slims reference to Heysel, ok to mention 35 people dying but as long as we are PC you are happy....

You are as bad as each other

SlimShady

Mr Whiter than White Hurl, please point out anything I've said that is untrue and I shall duly Edit it.

if not, please refrain from comparing me to Uncle Albert over there.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: SlimShady on April 24, 2007, 02:00:08 PM
Mr Whiter than White Hurl, please point out anything I've said that is untrue and I shall duly Edit it.

if not, please refrain from comparing me to Uncle Albert over there.

You should not speak ill of the dead.......and im referring to Uncle Albert before Hurl has a fit  ;)
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gabriel_Hurl

Personally - I think we should line out like this

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa

Alonso Mascherano

Pennant Gerrard Riise

Crouch

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 24, 2007, 02:15:41 PM
Personally - I think we should line out like this

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa

Alonso Mascherano

Pennant Gerrard Riise

Crouch

Wouldn't have Pennant i'd have Kuyt/Crouch with the other 4 you mentioned across the middle
You'll Never Walk Alone.