The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Can see Rafa starting with 5 midfielders for the away leg with Gerrard playing off Kuyt - Alonso and Sissoko (would prefer Mascharano myself) Pennant one side and Riise the other. Full backs Finnan and Arbelo with Carra and Agger at CB.

It wouldn't be pretty and can't see either side making too many chances. Would happily take a 1-1 or any score draw.

Pennat has been playing well and it seems he has the confidence that he lacked at start of season. His delivery has also improved. Hopefully he will be able to keep Ashley cole busy on Wednesday and limit his attacking runs.

gawa316

Is Essien the only player suspended for the russians?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gawa316 on April 23, 2007, 10:27:06 AM
Is Essien the only player suspended for the russians?

Yes.

Drogba, Robben, Joe Cole all one yellow away from a suspension.

Get Drogba booked on Wednesday much like how Gudjonsen got Alonso booked in 2005. ;D

brokencrossbar1

I think Essien is the only major player suspended.  Rafa will play the 4-4-1-1 with Gerad behind either Crouch or Kuyt.  Abelaro will be left back with Riise in front of him.  I think that Chelsea will go all guns blazing early on to try to knock the back hard.  This would suit Liverpool if they keep it tight as they are better on the counter than having to press a game.

Odds of 5-1 for Liverpool-Milan Final, or so I heard earlier.  With Inter having won the Scudetto and Milan in CL spot, and Liverpool guaranteed at least 4th, both teams can concentrate all their energy into the CL.  The fact that Chelski and Manure are doing so well in so many competitions will go against them.  Ideally a away win, but a score draw would be a satisfactory result.

J70

Good to see scumbags like this won't be tolerated...

SPECTATOR BANNED FROM ANFIELD

Jimmy Rice 23 April 2007

A spectator caught chanting racist abuse during this season's home match against Manchester United has been given a three-year football banning order.
Jonathan McInally, from Back Lane in Little Crosby, was arrested following an undercover police operation during the game on March 3.

The sting, in which a plain-clothes officer was positioned in the Anfield Road Stand, was mounted after a complaint from a fellow spectator.

McInally was hauled before North Liverpool Community Justice Courts last week, where he pleaded guilty to racist chanting.

As well as an order banning him from all football stadia, the 25-year-old was fined £200.

A spokesperson for Merseyside Police said: "We take this type of behaviour very seriously. We will not tolerate any type of racist chanting.

"Just because someone is at a football match, it does not mean that they can behave as they like. We will not stand for any racist behaviour."

SlimShady

banned for racist chanting but Munich songs, stoning ambulances, throwing cups full of shite at away fans and singing songs about a players broken leg as he lies on the field are all acceptable?

scumbags? Tolerated? never  :-\

gawa316

Quote from: SlimShady on April 24, 2007, 08:58:14 AM
banned for racist chanting but Munich songs, stoning ambulances, throwing cups full of shite at away fans and singing songs about a players broken leg as he lies on the field are all acceptable?

scumbags? Tolerated? never  :-\

Maybe you should sort out your own back yard before slaggin' others. Kettle, pot and black spring to mind

bingobus

Ignore Slims attempts to get an argument going. Pointless exercise, he's after the Tony Fearon Crown.

The BBC have reported that Michael Essien has been arrested on suspicion of Drink Driving in the early hours of Monday morning. I know he is suspended for the tie anyway but would this have any bearing on his long term future in the English game? One hell of a player.

supersarsfields

Ahh Slim people in glass houses and all that. Surely we wouldn't have to bring up united's exceptional support in Europe this season would we!! ::)

SlimShady

when did United fans do any of the above?

Syd The Sailor

Slim please make your way back to the Manure thread in a prompt fashion......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

SlimShady

*bites nails*

*shits pants*

f**k off Sailor  :D

AZOffaly

Lads, why does every thread turn into the two of ye throwing insults at a) each other and b) each other's club. Do ye know each other? Would it not just be better to set up your own private thread?

The Real Laoislad

BENITEZ: OUR IDEA IS TO WIN
Mark Platt 24 April 2007  liverpoolfc.tv
  As Liverpool apply the finishing touches to their preparations for the Champions League semi-final first leg at Stamford Bridge, Rafa Benitez insists they aim to return with a win. 
The Reds squad will fly down to London later today ahead of Wednesday's tie and Benitez admits confidence in the camp is high.

"Our idea is to win if possible," says the boss. "Sometimes you have to play counter-attack and sometimes press high, it depends on the situation. But it would be good to score a goal and come away with the win.

"This is a very good positive situation for us and you have to approach games like this with confidence.

"We know them, they know us, that is clear and at the end of the day it could be just the small details that make the difference.

"Chelsea have been champions in this country for the last two years and they are a very strong side, especially at home. Maybe they are a better side than two years ago but we also have more experience now and I think we can do it."

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SlimShady

AZ its the first time i've spoken to the sailor and no, i do not know him thankfully. i asked a question on this thread and was told to f**k off, none of the bin dippers saw fit to answer the question either.