The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Gray is Scottish............And i doubt he has as much hate for Liverpool as Syd the Sailor seems to think
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 11, 2007, 11:47:17 PM
Gray is Scottish............And i doubt he has as much hate for Liverpool as Syd the Sailor seems to think

I know he's Scottish, but it's in the interests of Sky to big up the Premiership and Gray is nothing if not a slave of the Dirty Digger.

The Real Laoislad

Chesterfield v Middlesborough on sky sports 1 now,if there was ever a team robbed it was chesterfield in that match
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Is there a commentator or pundit out there who isn't perceived to be an idiot or doesn't have an alleged grudge against Liverpool and/or Man Utd?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 11:51:13 PM

I know he's Scottish, but it's in the interests of Sky to big up the Premiership and Gray is nothing if not a slave of the Dirty Digger.

And ??? You still haven't given your view on if he hates Liverpool or not..I don't care if he bigs up the premiership etc but i have never known him to be a hater of Liverpool..anything but in my opinion
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Laoislad seems right to me. Gray is the ultimate hype whore. He was nearly cumming in his pants at United's loss to Pompey last weekend as it livens up the title race - not cos he hates United. Unlike that **** Alan Green.

full back

Gray has to hype everything up on Sky - even if it is a woeful game.
If he doesnt he will end up in the back of a van or pitchside freezing his gonads off like Andy, Robbie & Ally!

The Real Laoislad

Champions League odds

Outright winner

Chelsea   2/1
Man Utd  2/1
Liverpool  3/1
AC Milan   4/1

Final pairings

Liverpool v AC Milan           7/2
Liverpool v Man United      11/5
Chelsea v AC Milan            3/1
Chelsea v Man United       7/4
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2007, 12:01:03 AM
Is there a commentator or pundit out there who isn't perceived to be an idiot or doesn't have an alleged grudge against Liverpool and/or Man Utd?

Gray is the only one I have a grudge against. Listening to him getting his knickers in a twist a few years back over the possibility that Liverpool might score after the alloted two minutes of injury time during the derby was the tipping point for me.

On the other hand, we have Alan Hansen :D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 12, 2007, 12:02:04 AM
Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 11:51:13 PM

And ??? You still haven't given your view on if he hates Liverpool or not..I don't care if he bigs up the premiership etc but i have never known him to be a hater of Liverpool..anything but in my opinion

You must watch the matches with the sound turned down......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

IT may be an exaggeration to suggest Peter Crouch has cemented his future at Anfield with his recent blistering spell.

Rafa Benitez has never suggested he wanted to sell the popular striker, while Crouch couldn't be any more emphatic about his desire to stay on Merseyside.

However, it wasn't that long ago rumours of a possible summer exit were gathering pace, so the forthright statements on the issue from player and manager have been a welcome consequence of his impressive 17-goal haul.

It's little wonder Benitez is keen to keep the striker because he epitomises the kind of signing he values most.

In the summer of 2005, Crouch wasn't the 'big name' player the Sky Sports generation craved when Benitez was pondering his striking options.

But Benitez will always prefer young, hungry players with much to prove, rather than superstars.

"I will put my reputation as a manager on Crouch being a good player for us," Benitez said, in those distant days, now forgotten, when his new signing was trying to score his first goal.

Crouch has since succeeded in turning himself into an 'A-lister', seizing an opportunity few predicted would come his way three seasons ago.

And, having grabbed the chance, not surprisingly, he has no intention of letting it slip.

"It's obviously really pleasing to hear what the manager said about keeping me at the club," said Crouch.

"The manager is someone who likes to keep his cards close to his chest and sometimes you're not sure what he's thinking, so I was happy when I read those comments.

"I knew there were a lot of rumours earlier in the season about other clubs being interested, but I always made my feelings clear when I was asked about the future.

"There's no way I'd want to leave Liverpool. Where do you go from Liverpool other than to a club at a lower level?

"I love it here and being at a top four club you know you've a chance to play in the Champions League every year and continue to compete for trophies.

"I also think there's a great team developing here and with the help of the new owners we could put in a serious challenge for the Premiership over the next few years. I want to be part of that."

Numerous recent events have helped Crouch's cause.

The conclusion of the takeover means Benitez should not have to raise funds through significant sales in order to fund transfers he may see as a priority.

The school of thought that argued doubling money on Crouch made economic sense, even if it was a risk, seems utterly redundant now.

Second, and most importantly, the rate of improvement in a striker with unique talents means if Crouch is valued at £14m today, he should be worth considerably more in the years to come.

Lest we forget, he's currently competing with Kaka for the Champions League golden boot.

"It's been going really well for me recently. I'm on a good scoring run and to be in with a chance of finishing top scorer in the Champions League is great," he said.

"UEFA say I'm on six goals, but I'm definitely counting the qualifying game because that was an important one for us.

"To be up there with such a quality player as Kaka is fantastic. I do take a lot of satisfaction from that. But if you ask me what I'd prefer, I'd rather the team won the Champions League than finish top scorer.

"I feel over the last few years I have proved myself at the top level, whether it's been the step to a club like Liverpool, the Champions League or internationals.

"That's down to working with such a good manager who always wants you to keep on improving.

"There are parts of my game I'm still looking to work on. People have mentioned my heading quite a bit this season.

"To be fair, I've always scored goals with my head, but there were a few occasions earlier in the season when I should have scored headers. It's something I was aware of so to get a few recently was pleasing.

"In a funny way, I think the nose operation came at a good time in the season where a little break has done me the world of good.

"When I came back I felt really fresh and sharp and it's gone on from there. There were a few of us who took time to hit our best form earlier in the season, but now we seem to be clicking at the same time which bodes well for the big games to come."

If Crouch can eclipse Kaka, the chances are he'll have helped Liverpool overcome yet another battle with Chelsea.

The striker wasn't too impressed at being 'outed' as a former Chelsea fan on TV in midweek, and is only too pleased to set the record straight.

"I was stitched up a bit with that," he explained.

"When I was younger my dad did take me to see Chelsea, but when I was with my mates I was more a QPR fan, so it's not like I was ever a big Chelsea supporter.

"You've also got to remember the Chelsea back then was nothing like the Chelsea it is now. I remember going along there when they were in the old Second Division.

"Put it this way, there's no question where my allegiance is now. I'm firmly in the red camp. The same applies to my dad.

"He's been travelling to our European games with Jamie Carragher's dad and his friends, so you don't have to worry who he'll want to win.

"We know what the hype is going to be like over the next two weeks and it's already started. I'm looking forward to everything about it.

"Last time Liverpool played Chelsea at this stage I was on the outside looking in, hoping rumours that Liverpool were interested in me were true and wishing I could be part of such a big game.

"Now it's going to happen you just want it to come about.

"You're always focused on the game , but there's no escaping the attention of such a massive match."

gawa316

bingobus

Syd The Sailor

Cisse had his chance, just not good enough. I was really excited when he came but Benitez does not fancy him at all
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"