The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

"Also Giles was saying Liverpool didn't play well but football is all about the result and not the preformance...Strange then that after the Ireland/Wales match he said it's just as much about the preformance as the result a contradiction or what!!"

charlie stubbs

DEPENDS WHO WE ARE GOING TO GET IN.IF WE WHERE TO PAY SILLY MONEY FOR BENT THEN WOULD KEEP HIM BUT IF THE SALE FOR VILLA OR ETO'O WOULD TAKE 12 OR SO

dubnut

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 04, 2007, 12:22:13 PM
"Also Giles was saying Liverpool didn't play well but football is all about the result and not the preformance...Strange then that after the Ireland/Wales match he said it's just as much about the preformance as the result a contradiction or what!!"

Charlie thats a contradiction alright!

I was talking about Brady changing his mind.

charlie stubbs

Fr Ted

Dubnut,

Brady said he did'nt fancy the pool to win the CL before the Barca game

dubnut

Quote from: Fr Ted on April 04, 2007, 12:52:18 PM
Dubnut,

Brady said he did'nt fancy the pool to win the CL before the Barca game

I know, but either did I, now I do.
Thats not contradiction, If I didnt fancy them and did fancy them at the same time its a contradiction, Brady just changed his mind.
Call the cops

GalwayBayBoy

Dare I say it and there was an article in one of the papers recently saying the same thing but I think the lads are getting past their best punditry wise. It's got to the stage now where I know what they're going to say before they come out with it themselves. Last night 5 minutes before half-time I could have come out with their half-time analysis almost verbatim.

Thing is there doesn't seem to be any younger pundits who are ready to take their place. No good ones anyway.

J70

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 04, 2007, 09:24:42 AM
j70 what are u talking about rte has the best tv coverage.joke!i just turn over the odd occassion to have a laugh at how ridiculous they are and the amount of crap they talk.your ideal line up for tv coverage would probably be giles,dunphy and ian wright!

Actually its Giles, Dunphy and Brady.

And the British line-ups must have seriously improved if you think they're better. But each to his own.

full back

Best line-up
Hansen, Mc Coist & Dunphy with Lineker in the chair

brokencrossbar1

When you add in Curly Dunphy the 3 boys have become plastic punditry.  They criticise for the sake of it,they do not analyse each game dispassionately as they have pre-conceived ideals as to how a certain team plays and refuse to be moved form that and have viewpoints on managers and players which border on the ridiculous sometimes.  

In essence what they were saying last night was correct to a point but they over-emphasised the value of their own wiews on it.  They have an "I'm right your wrong attitude" which is tiresome and has caused to to start watching CL games on other channels.  

There are few real good younger heads that have been used, Trevor Stevens I rate, if he has time between buying up different clubs Souness is a breath of fresh air.  Apart from that I cannot think of any.  Maybe it is time for them to start throwing the net a wee bit wider to get good ananlysis.

In regards to potential purchases, Crouch and Bellamy i think will go in the summer and Liverpool should net close to £20m for them.  Cisse and Scott Carson are still Liverpool players but their loans will probably be made permanent with some form of transfer fee paid, maybe around £5m for the two of them. This added to the money the new owners are provides them with serious money to invest.  Villa, E'to and a winger would be the top of the order.  I don't know about Alves but rafa likes him so I think he would be likely to be the target.  Bent would not be an option in my view.

deiseach

Brady has taken such a venomous attitude to Liverpool's progress in this year's CL that I can't help but feel he is resentful that Arsenal can bust humps over the best part of a decade to win the thing only to have the cup dashed so cruelly from their lips, while Liverpool can bumble along aimlessly and still have more success in Europe over the last ten years than Arsenal have had in their entire history - did someone say 'Valencia', Liam? :D

J70

Aurelio's out for four months with a ruptured achilles tendon.

Its a shame - he was starting to look the part in the last few games, and has been very unlucky with injuries so far.

Dubh driocht

Real shame about Aurelio but it's been a great 4 days.Up Brady's hole- shower of begrudgers,bring on the Chelski !

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 04, 2007, 06:22:57 PM
Real shame about Aurelio but it's been a great 4 days.Up Brady's hole- shower of begrudgers,bring on the Chelski !

mitent be chelski after lnight

SlimShady