The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, I know the RTE Panel are always OTT, but they are the same to every team. Remember the slating they gave United last year? And Arsenal?

I think they are not too far off the mark, but they lose people because they are too aggresive about it.

full back

FFS will all the Scouse supporters wise up.
Ye got your result & fair play to ye, but stop bleating about the pundits on RTE.
Some on here are starting to sound like Jose 'we dont get the praise we are due'.
If you want someone to blow your trumpet listen to Jamie 'I have no feckin opinion & always sit on the fence' Redknapp.
So enjoy the result and stop this bullsh1t

aontroim

Despite the 1 goal defeat Liverpool were immense last night once again in Europe - Sissoko will be a big loss in the first leg of the 1/4-Final despite his penchant for clumsy tackling.  Just need a little more luck with the attempts on goal - how they didnt score last night is hard to fathom - sissoko's reaction effort particularly noteworthy.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: full back on March 07, 2007, 09:36:48 AM
FFS will all the Scouse supporters wise up.
Ye got your result & fair play to ye, but stop bleating about the pundits on RTE.
Some on here are starting to sound like Jose 'we dont get the praise we are due'.
If you want someone to blow your trumpet listen to Jamie 'I have no feckin opinion & always sit on the fence' Redknapp.
So enjoy the result and stop this bullsh1t

You would never get anyone from Man Utd bleating about the coverage they get, oh thats right Alex "I love the sauce" Ferguson doesent speak to BBC anymore......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

magpie seanie

QuoteYou would never get anyone from Man Utd bleating about the coverage they get, oh thats right Alex "I love the sauce" Ferguson doesent speak to BBC anymore

In fairness there is no-one in RTE to compare with that turd Alan Greene. He absolutely detests United. Actually, cvome to think of it - Syd - are you Alan Greene?

Goats Do Shave

Liverpool murdered Barca in the first half

Such an unfortunate phrase to use!

Liverpool's best players on the night were defenders...says it all really!

Over the Bar

QuoteIn fairness there is no-one in RTE to compare with that turd Alan Greene

Alan Green is so biased it maked him funny to listen to.  He turns into a gibbering idiot when Liverpol score and crys like a spoilt schoolboy when they come undone.  Everyone other than Liverpool & England fans detest the sight of him.

Fr Ted

There was a lot at stake last night, barca needed to score al least twice to go through, so l'pool did'nt have to go chasing the game, and could afford to let barca have the ball in there own half but once they came over the half way line they were put under pressure, l'pool took the game to barca in the 1st 20mins, but after that they kept things tight.

Barca are probabley the best team in eurpoe at the minute, on paper the barca team were alot better than what we had, so to put barca out is a massive result.

It will be interesting in the summer to see what top class players rafa can buy to take l'pool to the next level any challange for the league.

Billys Boots

QuoteI think they are not too far off the mark, but they lose people because they are too aggresive about it.

Well I like them because they tell it like they think it is, and are far removed from what passes for analysis on BBC/ITV/Sky.  To call them Utd fans is rubbish - Dunphy does have it in his pants for Keane, but Keane's not playing any more so that's irrelevant.  They did a very thorough (and analytical) hatchet-job on Ronaldo recently, and they were saying last night (what I've been saying for years) that Gerrard was rubbish.  Can you imagine that anywhere else?  Of course Liverpool did a job last night, and they repeated that over-and-over; their point was that they could have made it easier on themselves against an off-form Barcelona side - anyone who disagrees with that would want to get a grip.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2007, 09:59:39 AM
QuoteYou would never get anyone from Man Utd bleating about the coverage they get, oh thats right Alex "I love the sauce" Ferguson doesent speak to BBC anymore

In fairness there is no-one in RTE to compare with that turd Alan Greene. He absolutely detests United. Actually, cvome to think of it - Syd - are you Alan Greene?

No im not but i do detest Salford Reds, i wont be skipping through the meadows hand in hand with the rest of youse. Have always hated them and always will.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

brokencrossbar1

A few things about last night.  I didn't see the first half but listened to it on 5 Live.  To hear it there Liverpool were all over them, first 10 mins especially.  Bellamy seemed to cause a lot of problems with his pace and Riise seemed to have the freedom of the left side of the field the amount of times he was on the ball.  The amount of times that Carrageher seemed to be the last man clearing the ball was unreal.  Kids may love the big names like Gerrard but BC1 jnr told me last night when he grows up and playes for Liverpool he wants to be like Jamie Carragher.  Like a good wine he is improving with age.   I have said it before and will say it again Agger seems to be the real deal and has a huge future if looked after.  Finnan is very Denis Irwin like and that is enough of a compliment in my book.

I have to seriously disagree with Grumpy over his absurd analysis of Gerrard.  He may not have been spectactular last night but he got through a lot of work and could have had 1 if not 2 goals if he didn't try to knock the keeper into the Kop.  Alonso was quiet, Riise tired a lot inthe second half but seemed to have a great first half.  After a very promising start to his Liverpool career I am havin my doubts over Sissoko.  Sure he is a great ball winner and worker, but does this compensate for the amount of times he gives the ball away through poor control or bad pacing.  With two excellent ball players beside him in Alonso and Gerrard he has to just give the ball to them and sit his ground in the middle.  With him being suspended for the next game, this will need a re-jigging with ,I presume either Pennant or Mascerhano coming in.  The next few games should be used to blend either of them in, and preferably Javier.  from what I have seen of him he could be a major acquisition and give that wee bit more than Sissoko in the ball playing side of things.

The lack of final cutting edge is the killer at the minute.  Both Bellamy and Kuyt are good palyers for different reasons and would be ideal if yoy blend the two of them into one.  I agree that Kuyt has not the pace but he certainly has the bility and awareness to play at the very highest level.  Bellamy's pace is brilliant as is his agressive approach but he has to become a bit smarter in his runs.  To become top class team a better left back and an out and out goal scorer are required.

Barca were not up to their best but they are still top of the Spanish league and have some of the best players on the planet playing for them.  Liverpool had a job to do and did it.  Like the Manure fans retroting about this being the worst Premiership Liverpool only have to beat what is before them.  They did this and fo rabout 100 mins of the 180 mins of the two games where the better team. 

GalwayBayBoy

Personally I always switch over to RTE for analysis but I found them to be completely OTT and ridiculous in their analysis of the match last night. When the draw was made Liverpool were completely written off by virtually everyone and yet when they still manage to knock out Barcelona they get slated to high heaven.

At half-time they were effusive with their praise. Liverpool could easily have been 3 up as they constantly attacked Barcelona. However when you're playing a team like Barcelona they are always going to get a period of 15 to 20 minutes in a game when they are just going to knock the ball around and make you chase after it and that's what happened in the second half. Despite this they only created their goal and Ronaldinho's effort that hit the post in the entire game. The goal being a c**k up by Arebola who didn't step up and played Gudjonsen onside. All the while Liverpool were still forcing the Barcelona keeper to make saves so it wasn't like Liverpool were sitting back at the edge of their box.

Then we get Brady at the end seemingly nearly in tears that Barcelona were knocked out. Giles in a huff too and Dunphy going ballistic slating Gerrard (who I thought played pretty well), Benitez and the whole team in general. The only thing I could agree with them was that Bellamy shouldn't have been taken off with 10 mins to go. At one point Dunphy goes "that's it, I've made my mind up about Benitez" and sure you know he'll probably be his biggest fan again in a couple of weeks.

He slags off off Benitez but nothing said about Rikjaards clueless performance over both legs? In fact, they analyse one half at a time. At the end, the entire tie (both legs) was condensed into the second half of the second leg in their eyes.

Great entertainment but a couple of wind up merchants.

deiseach

Rijkaard was very generous to Liverpool.

QuoteWe won this leg but maybe we were lucky considering the amount of chances they created in the first half. We tried everything possible and I am proud of the spirit and effort my players put in. They worked hard and tried everything but Liverpool are a difficult team to play against. They are strong and mentally tough. That is the way it goes. Sometimes it is like that in football however hard you try. I can only congratulate Liverpool, they are a vigorous side and for the neutral it must have been a game full of good attacking football. From Liverpool it was a great performance. Their style is very difficult to play against. We tried everything, although we were not at our best. We fought to the very last seconds but Liverpool were highly motivated and they defended in such a way to stop us getting close to their goal. Anfield is such a difficult place to play in, so we are out, but I was very impressed with the spirit and fight we showed. I now expect to see that for the rest of the season.

Clearly on the way out.

full back

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2007, 11:59:53 AM
The goal being a c**k up by Arebola who didn't step up and played Gudjonsen onside.

Was it Pennant who didnt step up?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on March 07, 2007, 12:21:08 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2007, 11:59:53 AM
The goal being a c**k up by Arebola who didn't step up and played Gudjonsen onside.

Was it Pennant who didnt step up?

Think Pennant slipped. Arebola was playing him onside at the far end.