The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

We won the league on the Mersey, We Won the league on MERSEYSIDE!!  :D ;D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: SlimShady on March 05, 2007, 09:27:03 AM
We won the league on the Mersey, We Won the league on MERSEYSIDE!!  :D ;D

Slim you seem to be in the wrong thread, i think its the Clontibret one you need...... ;)
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

SlimShady

blasmere

Quote from: SlimShady on March 05, 2007, 10:32:14 AM
we won the league on MERSEYSIDE!  ;D

No intelligent debate from slim, he won't even go on to the mu thread , only likes slagging people off, he is as big a muppet as he looks after all, others told me that, now I know what they mean.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

SlimShady

what is there to debate? my analysis of the game is on the Man United thread if you wish to read it. until then, read this....

We won the league on the mersey, we won the league on Merseyside  :D ;D

brokencrossbar1

Fair enough slim.  This years win will bring Utd up to 16 League titles.  Two more and you will have caught Liverpool, that is unless Liverpool add another one.

SlimShady

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2007, 11:16:58 AM
Fair enough slim.  This years win will bring Utd up to 16 League titles.  Two more and you will have caught Liverpool, that is unless Liverpool add another one.

:D ;D

Here we go, its a bit early for the annual 'we're going to win the league next season speech' i have a mate who is a mad Liverpool fan and he's been saying this for the past 12 years or so!!  :D

if the league was won on merseyside 5ive times then it is definitely IN TOPIC!!

come on lads,

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!

AZOffaly

Jaysus Slim, I was actually hoping United would beat Chelski this season, once Liverpool were out of it (in november!!). You make it very hard though :)

SlimShady

do you think i care whether you want Chelski to win or lose?! its the biggest fixture of the premiership season when United play Liverpool, therefore i'm still elated that United came away with the points!

i know it hurts lads, u may just hope Barca dont dump you tomorrow night and you pull United in the Champions League  ;)

AZOffaly

I don't give a shite whether you care or not. I'm just making an observation.

And you better be careful in your mouthing off as well. There's f*ck all won in March. It'd be a sad sight if ye won nothing after all this :D

brokencrossbar1

I am under no delusions slim.  It pains me greatly to say it but I, like AZ, wanted ot see Man Utd win it rather than Chelski.  Although it will be tough for Chelsea to get back, it is still very much a possibility so don't get the brasso out just yet.

As regards Saturday, it wasn't the greatest preparation for the infinitley more important game on Tuesday night, but positives can be drawn.  Liverpool are hard to break down and if they can hold Barca for the first 20-25 minutes on Tuesday then a last eight slot is a high likelihood.  Bellamy is playing well as is Kuyt but the need for a prolific goal scorer is becoming more painful as the weeks go on.  Who that is I am not sure, but there must be a poacher of some description unearthed.

A major positive was that Barca actually lost as well and therefore their confidence could have taken a dent.  With talk of internal problems hopefully the game on Tuesday will bring  bit more joy.

I remember when Liverpool were dominating in the early 80's, Man Utd were always the team they struggled against most, even when they had the legends like Peter Davenport.  Saturday was another example of that and I would not read too much into it.  3rd place and a good finish in the CL will be a satisfactory season in my view.

SlimShady

indeed, are any of ye wanting a bet?! didnt think so  ;)

having endured the Kop and 'you lost the league on Merseyside' a few years ago me thinks i'm due this gloat!!

incidentally, that year when 'we lost the league on the mersey' we actually ended up winning... could history repeat itself?! hope not!

magpie seanie

QuoteThere's f*ck all won in March

Exactly. It would be dangerous to read too much into this result. It puts United in a strong position but they are playing poorly.

Still you can't blame United fans for glorying in the result. If the boot was on the other foot the United thread would be full of similar stuff. There weren't too many thread police getting on to Syd the Sailor (hope you enjoyed the result!) when he made his sick Munchen comments.

AZOffaly

I thought those Munich comments were sick, and I think they were edited and a warning given as well no?

But you are right, the gloating is part and parcel of it. And we just have to take it on the chin for now, and acknowledge United are deservedly top of the table again.

But it's a long road that has no turn :D

SlimShady

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 05, 2007, 11:49:00 AM
QuoteThere's f*ck all won in March

Exactly. It would be dangerous to read too much into this result. It puts United in a strong position but they are playing poorly.

Still you can't blame United fans for glorying in the result. If the boot was on the other foot the United thread would be full of similar stuff. There weren't too many thread police getting on to Syd the Sailor (hope you enjoyed the result!) when he made his sick Munchen comments.

Exactly Seanie.

The glee on Gary Nevilles ugly mug was great after the game  :D

He hates scousers you know?  ;)