The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteLiverpool have had some mad parties in the past, whether it invloves players cavorting with strippers in front of a disgusted Michael Owen or Don Hutchison running round naked apart from a beermat covering his c**k.

Was it a beer-mat or Stevie G's missus?

Over the Bar

QuoteOver The Bar......I wonder will it take Fergie another 13 yrs to win the European Cup again.....

Who's to know sydney? Will liverpool win the title again before their 20th anniversary?

Syd The Sailor

Not sure, you will be the first to know. Why dont you fcuk off back over to the Man Utd board.......Whenever youse win 5 of them come back and talk to me or on second thoughts........
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

cavanmaniac

Didn't want to start a new thread on this one, but can any of the Liverpool fans here recommend a good website for getting a tickets, flight and accommodation deal for Liverpool home matches? Wanting to buy for someone as a present but have never gone over before, can anyone help?

Am I better to book flights separately or go for a bundled deal?

Thanks in advance...

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 18, 2007, 06:08:31 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 18, 2007, 04:33:47 PM
If that's how Liverpool try to prepare to win the European Cup 6 times then so be it... ;)

Farandeelin.....Salford City Reds will not be preparing to win a 6th European Cup in your lifetime.

Well I'm only 19 so there's plenty of time... I bet in 1990 you didn't think we'd be chasing 16 League titles 17 years on!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2007, 04:32:08 PM
Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 18, 2007, 06:08:31 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 18, 2007, 04:33:47 PM
If that's how Liverpool try to prepare to win the European Cup 6 times then so be it... ;)

Farandeelin.....Salford City Reds will not be preparing to win a 6th European Cup in your lifetime.

Well I'm only 19 so there's plenty of time... I bet in 1990 you didn't think we'd be chasing 16 League titles 17 years on!

Well i would have to take issue with that son, in almost 21 years of managing that shower Alex "Lush" Ferguson has won the European Cup precisely once so at this rate you will be getting your arse cleaned in a nursing home by the time you are ready to win it 6 times.......

Syd The Sailor

Is Voronin really what we are looking for? 5 goals this season, 6 in 40 appearances for Ukraine. He is not exactly the kind of blue chip player i thought we would be going for with our apparent new wealth.I have a feeling we will be another 8-10 goal a season man and we have enough of those......

Gabriel_Hurl

Mascherano cleared to join Reds

Finally

QuoteJavier Mascherano has been cleared to play for Liverpool this season after the Premier League accepted the club's request to register him at Anfield.

The Argentine midfielder, 22, agreed to join the Reds before the close of the transfer window last month.

The deal was held up as the Premier League wanted to assess whether the relationship between club and player was "subject to third-party influence".

But the Premier League is now satisfied the move does not breach its rules.

A statement on the Premier League's website read: "The Premier League has confirmed that the application by Liverpool FC to register Javier Mascherano as a player has been accepted.

"The Premier League is satisfied that the contractual arrangements proposed by Liverpool FC are consistent with its rules; particularly that the relationship between club and player is not subject to third-party influence.

"The Premier League is grateful for Liverpool FC's cooperation and openness at the start and throughout the process."

Over the Bar

QuoteIs Voronin really what we are looking for? 5 goals this season, 6 in 40 appearances for Ukraine. He is not exactly the kind of blue chip player i thought we would be going for with our apparent new wealth.

It seems Benitez like his predecessor is very much a quantity rather than quality kinda guy when it comes to buying players. Will be interesting to see if the new owners wish to keep him at the helm come the end of the year.

The Real Laoislad

All friends again training in the Nou Camp tonight?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 20, 2007, 04:30:26 PM
QuoteIs Voronin really what we are looking for? 5 goals this season, 6 in 40 appearances for Ukraine. He is not exactly the kind of blue chip player i thought we would be going for with our apparent new wealth.

It seems Benitez like his predecessor is very much a quantity rather than quality kinda guy when it comes to buying players. Will be interesting to see if the new owners wish to keep him at the helm come the end of the year.

Apparently Voronin has been lined up as a replacement for Fowler, so he must be happy to come in as a back-up. Not the most exciting of signings, that's for sure.

I cannot see how Benitez' position could be in jeopardy though. Who else is going to come in and do a better job? Personally, as a Liverpool fan, I'm perfectly content with his performance so far. He would need to get the team playing from the start next season though.

Mayo4Sam

Apparently Riise is out, he's feeling a bit below par. He has got a fairway to go before he's better. Of course, he reckons Bellamy is driving him mad and that he has a huge chip on his shoulder, although that might be putting it mildly. He said he wood be feeling a bit rough in the morning and he was looking a little green, although he'd probably feel better after a sandwedge and some tee.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

SuperDooperCooper

Firstly, these golfing puns have to stop, they're no longer funny, if they were ever.
Secondly, Eto is out tonight, left out of the squad altogether.
Here hoping for a game as boring as the 0-0 achieved by Houllier in the semi final of the Uefa cup in '01.
Champions League 0-0 in '02 deserves another notable mention (although Liverpool did cross the half way line in '02).
Papers predict a defensive team, had to blame Rafa, last think we want is to be chasing 0-2 score line (or worse) in Anfield.
Was at the Barca - Racing game in the Nou Camp 2 weeks ago, Barca looked awesome that night, a good splattering of Liverpool tops in Barca that night too.
And just for good measure a Dublin top.....I was in a Liverpool top. Locals expect to go through easily enough.

The Real Laoislad

Can't wait for tonight and i think it will be more exciting than then time Houlliers team went,Rafa is the Euro tactic's king and i fully expect us to get at the very least a draw but i also fancy us getting the away goal.
Barcelona are in a bit of turmoil at the moment and after watching them sunday night against valencia they looked awful
You'll Never Walk Alone.