The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

It was a good, old fashioned Pass and Move build up alright. Great finish as well, the way he opened up and side footed with the big size 17. Great ball be Riise onto his run though.

I feel sorry for the not-so-happy hammers. I hope they stay up.

J70

Good win. Liverpool don't have a great record at Upton Park and this was the sort of match that they have tended to lose over the past decade or so. Two stunning goals too!

Three of the next four games are very tough, although three of them are at Anfield. Everton first, then Newcastle away and, after Sheffield United at home, United come to Anfield! The Barcelona games are in there too. Maybe its just as well Arsenal put us out of the cups!

Goats Do Shave

Liverpool getting more rules bent to suit them today again...

1st it was entry to the Champs league, after finishing 5th!!!! Now they are allowed to sign inelgible players!

Rick Parry was Liverpool's best signing over the years!!!!!!

& David Dein at Arsenal - I don't trust him either!

(2 cracking goals last night though!)

SuperDooperCooper

Maybe I've been supporting Liverpool too long but I thought we were poor last night. I though Kuyt has a very poor first half (gave the ball away every time he touched it). In the second half after we were 2 up, West ham were left pass through the midfield way too easy, the West Ham goal was coming for a bit. Last 20 mins we were hanging on for dear life. Now the positives Agger looks better with each match, Gerrard hitting top form, great goals, 2nd was the best team goal for a bit. Finnan is class - Stan please take note. Tough run coming up. Rafa must really reject the start to the season now.

On the BBC site that the Liverpool board are stalling for more money from DIC.

AZOffaly

Bit harsh SDC. I know what you are saying though. I wasn't blown away at all, and apart from a period of about 20 minutes where Liverpool tore them apart and could have scored 4 or 5, I don't think it was anything more than a 'satisfactory' performance.

I do like the fact that Rafa goes for the throat against teams LFC should be beating, 3-4-3 is positive formation.

I don't think LFC were really under severe pressure towards the end, but it was a bit uncomfortable.

Gabriel_Hurl

There's no harm in bending the rules.

FIFA explained that its ruling was determined partly because the South American and European seasons overlap.

Goats Do Shave

GalwayBayBoy

Gabriel_Hurl

corn02

Thats Granads fault, for wanting to review the share price because Gillet offered more. Shower of greedy cnuts!  >:(

SuperDooperCooper

I think this is bad news.
I read the statement on the BBC website and they seem to be saying that they will not overpay for the club.
Hopefully this won't affect transfer deadline day deals.

The Real Laoislad

im gutted dic pulled out,don't know what to make of this american fella but he hardly has as much cash as the arabs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fr Ted

Lets not jump the gun just yet, with Moores & Parry steering the ship they will be wanting the best possible deal on offer for the club

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Fr Ted on January 31, 2007, 05:32:32 PM
Lets not jump the gun just yet, with Moores & Parry steering the ship they will be wanting the best possible deal on offer for the club

Yer right there Ted(always wanted to post that!) .Moores and Parry are Liverpool through and through and will do the best for the club not themselves
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Gillet is Canadian.

It is not Liverpool's fault. Granda have 9.9 % shares in Liverpool and they called a review of both offers, which must of put off DIC.