The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

I'M DESPERATE FOR MAN UTD TO WIN MORE TITLES THAN LIVERPOOL!
GARY NEVILLE XCLUSIVE: TROPHY CHALLENGE WILL KEEP DRIVING ME ON
David Mcdonnell

GARY NEVILLE has admitted his deeprooted hatred for Liverpool is the driving force pushing him towards further glory in the final years of his Manchester United career.

Neville, famed for his longstanding loathing of Liverpool, is determined to help United beat their arch rivals' haul of 18 league titles before the end of his glittering playing career at Old Trafford.

And with Sir Alex Ferguson's side six points clear of Chelsea at the top of the Premiership and on course to claim their 16th championship this season, Neville is confident United can soon overtake their bitter Merseyside enemies.

"When we started winning championships in 1992-93, I always thought it would be a dream to leave this club having won more titles than Liverpool," Neville told a Q&A session for United supporters at Old Trafford.

"Obviously we haven't won the championship for a few years now, but we are only three behind Liverpool and it would be fantastic to think that in the next few years we could win three or four titles and overhaul them.

"When I was growing up, people of my age group will know that Liverpool were winning everything. That was hard to take. But they haven't won the championship for so long now and we have to make sure we keep that going."

Ethan Edwards

What do you expect from a pig but a grunt,

He is a hateful wee ugly tosser
That'll Be The Day

Uladh

J70

We're all highly amused when Fowler holds up the five fingers to United fans. Steven Gerrard has admitted in his autobiography to a deep-seated antipathy to United (although he is nothing but highly complementary about the vast majority of individual United players and staff, including Neville). This stuff goes both ways.

I always loved this picture though...

AZOffaly

Exactly J70. I think it's much better that Neville actually gives a sh*te about who he plays for, and also recognises and embraces the rivalry with Liverpool.

As for the article, I notice that 'hatred' and 'loathing' are not direct quotes. Read what he actually said, and it's perfectly understandable from his point of view. (Even if it is flawed :D)

supersarsfields

Is that the last of the tripe that houllier bought?

Is Cisse not still on the books at Liverpool?

deiseach

Dudek was fantastic for the first year or so after we signed him. Then he had that horror show against Man U which didn't save Diego Forlan's career in England but most royally screwed Jerzy's. I don't think we should should forget how good he was in that first year though.

Carmen Stateside

deiseach

He was bilge for 117 minutes - can there be any more humiliating experience than having to be bailed out by Djimi Traore? Then . . .

J70

Quote from: deiseach on January 26, 2007, 05:35:05 PM
He was bilge for 117 minutes - can there be any more humiliating experience than having to be bailed out by Djimi Traore? Then . . .

I remember Dudek spilling the one that hit his knees early in the second half, just before Gerrard's goal, but I don't Dudek had much to do with the fact that Liverpool were three down.

The Real Laoislad

Who do ye think was the worst Liverpool player over the last decade or so

Traore?

Bruno Cheyrou?

Phill Babb?

Diouf?

Kromkamp?

or does anyone remember

Erik Meijer
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Luckily the last decade rules out the Souness years otherwise you could have added another 15 players to that list. ;D

Dubh driocht

Two great songs about Djimi- after the OG against Burnley in the cup
Michael Jackson
Don't blame it on the Biscan
Don't blame it on the Hamman
Don't blame it on the Finnan
Blame it on Traore
I just can't, I just can't ,I just can't control my feet

Dean Martin- That's Amore
Who's the bloke at the back
Who got Houlier the sack
That's Amore