The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 17, 2006, 07:39:35 PM
Djimi was unlucky for the penalty, I think he was very wound up from the start and the challenge that led to the penalty was a result of this, there was no malice in the challenge. I always like Djimi, he had an outstanding champions league final and for that I think we all owe him one. Great clearance from Pennants shot.
Almost a good set of results for us today. United lost, but sadly Chelski sneaked a win. I hate to say it but they look good. Plenty of fight.

I think you're being rather generous in your evaluation of Djimi's Champions League final performance. He dove in to give away the free from which Maldini scored in the first minute. He got caught out (as did the rest of the defence) by the criss-cross runs that lead to the second goal. He nearly gave away a goal early in the second when he miscontrolled a simple five yard pass, allowing Kaka to run at Hyypia and win a free on the edge of the box, which Dudek saved from Shevchenko, just before Gerrard scored. Yes, he made a couple of clearances and played well after that, but overall, it wasn't great stuff from him.

He certainly has some very strong aspects to his game, such as his speed and tackling, but I don't think he has the head to play for a top-level team. He makes too many simple errors of judgement and technique, and often cannot complete a short pass. For example, why the hell didn't he just clear the ball with his head in the penalty incident? Pennant was never going to beat him in the air.

On today's game, they're irrelevant as far as Liverpool are concerned. As a Liverpool fan, Chelsea are certainly the lesser of two evils, in that United are our greatest rivals, but I think that is about the extent of Liverpool's interest in the top two, barring some dramatic collapse by both, which is not going to happen.

laoislad

Too be honest Djimi would be in my top 5 of all time worst Liverpool players.I remember watching a match a couple of years ago where after making a good few mistakes Gerrard actually went over and took the ball of Djimi as he atempted a clearance,He was at fault for two of the  3 goals against Milan and let us never forget the own goal in the FA Cup match against Burnley
Always felt sorry for the chap as he tried his heart out but really the fella was awful and not up too the standard Liverpool needed

el_cuervo_fc

some of the things djimi done on saturday were brutal.  what was he thinking with that tackle for the penalty.  He did have a few good moments though.

good to see Stevie keeping the form.  Glad he got the goal, especially after the reports from his autobiography

Gabriel_Hurl

tonights game in doubt - pitch inspection at the minute - fog at Anfield

laoislad

Should be another handy 3 points tomorrow lads. Be nice to get christmas period off to a good start

gawa316

Team for today:

Reina
Finan, Carra, Agger, Riise
Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia
Kuyt, Bellamy

J70

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2006, 04:19:00 PM
1-0 Bellamy ;D

Awful game though. Watford don't make it easy. Hopefully Liverpool will get another before the end as Watford push up a bit.

laoislad

Awful game though. Watford don't make it easy. Hopefully Liverpool will get another before the end as Watford push up a bit.
where you watching it?

J70

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2006, 04:25:51 PM

where you watching it?

Its the live match on the Fox Soccer Channel in the US. Most of the big English games are available on the internet as well - the lack of broadband in Ireland might be an impediment in that respect though.

Bellamy just missed a sitter when clean through!

laoislad

I have broadband do you know any website where i might get it or games in the future?

J70

Quote from: laoislad on December 23, 2006, 04:33:07 PM
I have broadband do you know any website where i might get it or games in the future?

Get them here: http://www.myp2p.eu/Saturday.htm. You'll have to download programmes such as PPMate, PPLive or whichever to watch them.

The Liverpool game is available here http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match2.htm at the moment.

Keeper just denied Carragher another goal for the decade with a great save!

J70

Crouch just hit the post from the edge of the box...

J70

2-0!

Screamer from Alonso - whipped it into the top corner from 25 yards!

laoislad

GREAT STUFF ;D
Tried downloading those programs and got the game but it keeps stoping and starting