The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteUnlike the Glazer family's takeover of Manchester United last year, there is no great opposition to overseas investment in Liverpool

Typical lazy journalism. The major difference between this deal and the Glazers taking over United (apart from the huge chasm in the values of the clubs!) is that the Dubai crowd can proably afford this

laoislad

Hope this is good for us.We do need the money for the new stadium and a few world class players would be nice

laoislad

Handy one tonight lads what ye think? Great to be already qualified unlike Unitedscum!
Read today that Arab fella is worth more than Abramovich looks like the good times are ahead of us

Carmen Stateside

Wasnt great lads but i guess from what I can read above its not all bad tonight!!!!! Fowler with two also interesting! :)

magpie seanie

QuoteRead today that Arab fella is worth more than Abramovich looks like the good times are ahead of us

Yes, Chelsea are the type of club Liverpool would aspire to be like. Dull, cautious, boring but who cares if we win, eh?

If this deal doesn't work out go for the reinstatement of the backpass to ensure a return to glory days.

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 06, 2006, 12:48:32 PM
QuoteRead today that Arab fella is worth more than Abramovich looks like the good times are ahead of us

Yes, Chelsea are the type of club Liverpool would aspire to be like. Dull, cautious, boring but who cares if we win, eh?

If this deal doesn't work out go for the reinstatement of the backpass to ensure a return to glory days.

That backpass rule was certainly the crucial factor in Liverpool's success. They were the only team allowed to pass the ball back to the keeper, after all. ???

magpie seanie

Haven't won the league since the rule was changed....

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 06, 2006, 01:44:29 PM
Haven't won the league since the rule was changed....

Try not to be such an idiot, you'll never be a fearon. Run along now.

magpie seanie

Was there something factually incorrect with my statement that caused you to debase yourself by lowering yourself to petty insults?

brokencrossbar1

Seanie, while the Liverpool teams of the late 70's early 80's were masters of the back pass(lawro and Hansen being the prime candidtaes) they did play devastating football going forward.The teams that won the last few championships are rightly regarded as some of the best attacking teams ever in English football, Barnes, Beardsly, Rush, Aldridge,all top-class forwards.  Like any team of the era though they were able to slow games down to their own pace when it suited.  I would venture that this is why Liverpool were, and still are excellent in Europe.  They can slow the came down to the pace of continental teams and then break at pace.  Not as much now as they used to but they certainly could do it well.

Great Leap Forward

Without trying to stir things, I reckon Liverpool fans are being a bit hypocritical on the takeover issue. I know several of them who have lambasted Chelsea for the money they have spent, accusing them of buying the title etc. Some of them actually want United to win the league due to this fact. Then all of a sudden a rich investor from abraad comes in and their tune changes. Now of course they reckon it is essential to spend scandalous ammounts of money to compete in todays market.

I am quite surprised a club with such a rich history as Liverpool have decided to go down the same route as a club who are growing more unpopular by the day.

charlie stubbs

CHELSKIS UNPOPULARITY IS PROB DUE TO THEIR MANAGER THINKING HES KING OF THE HILL AND NEVER WRONG,THATS WHAT FUCKS ME OFF BOT THEM

laoislad

Quote from: charlie stubbs on December 06, 2006, 03:08:10 PM
CHELSKIS UNPOPULARITY IS PROB DUE TO THEIR MANAGER THINKING HES KING OF THE HILL AND NEVER WRONG,THATS WHAT FUCKS ME OFF BOT THEM
Completely agree with ya Charlie as a club i have nothing against Chelsea and as the season is already over for us i hope Chelsea win the league coz i couldn't bear Man United winning it