The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Yeah i agree great win today Kuyt is a great player

laoislad

Wonder what signings if any we will get this month..Ive heard Upson,David Villa,Lucas Neill just too name a few

Cloc Mor

Do we really need Neill - I thought Finnan was doing a good job at the minute.  Might be a few other going out the other end, mind you.

laoislad

Don't think we need Neil...Anytime i see him play he either gives away penos or gets sent off i don't really rate him...Is it true Cisse could still play for Liverpool?

supersarsfields

Great performance in the second half by Liverpool. They played some of the best attacking football i've seen from them in a while. An to do it against Bolton who are so hard to break down normally is quite a result. Kuyt is proving to be a very important buy for us!! Works very hard and is very unselfish with his distrubution.
Pennant finally put in a good game, but he needs to start doing this week in week out to justify him staying!! Too unreliable at the minute.
The defence is beginning to find form again as well. Carragher is getting back to his best and even Hypia, who i had my doubts about at the start of the year, is playing well.
Just a real pity we mucked thing up so badly at the start of the year as both Cheski and United have dropped points in the last wee while!!

laoislad

got a great dvd at christmas.. 100 greatest moments of the kop.Brings back some great memories

corn02

I too agree that Neil is not a excellent buy but at one million and acting purely as cover to Finnan, i think it could be a shrewd move. I read during the week that Newcastle were prepared to pay £12 million for Crouch, yes please if it paves the way for Villa (a distant chance i believe).

On yesterdays match the second half showed us at our best. Pennant is slowly but surely justifying the money tag. He is our first natural winger in a while who will get cross after cross in. If Crouch could head we would be laughing.

supersarsfields

That's the problem, for such a big fella he's always going to get plenty of chances with his head. Unfortunately he hasn't a clue how to head the ball!! If you ask me he's better with the ball to feet than he is in the air!! The misses against Blackburn were terrible!! It would be like Newcastle to offer £12 million for him alright!! And if they did i'd bite their hand of for it!!
Newcastle is a graveyard for decent players!!

laoislad

I actually like Crouch i think he is one of the few decent genuine players left,but i agree with what everyone is saying.he has so much to his game but lacks a awful lot he really isn't a Liverpool type of player,.but in fairness great goal yesterday
By the way is it true Cisse can play?is he only loaned out?

AZOffaly

Cisse is loaned to Marseille, but with a view to a permanent deal. But lets not go there eh? Cisse is a busted flush.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I would prefer there were minimal, or no, transfer deals done this January and even in the Summer. It takes a while to bed players in, and barring someone exceptional becomes available, and LFC have the money to do a deal, I say leave it so. Let's not go down the path of buying 3 or 4 more lads who take time to bed in, without adding anything major anyway.

If you look at LFC on paper this season as opposed to last, they are a better team and squad. But players need time to learn about each other, the manager, the environment etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the money and the chance to buy a world class Striker and a couple of fantastic wingers, but that's unlikely to happen in fairness. As such, lets just see how this season ends and next season begins, and enough of the buying of decent squad players.

SuperDooperCooper

If Liverpool are offered 12m for Crouch you have to let him go. He will never be a regular scorer of goals. The misses against Blackburn had me tearing my hair out. Most telling of all was the miss at the end of the Bolton game, Crough just has to be scoring headers from 6 yards out. We will finish 3rd at a canter I'd say, lose to Barca and go on a run in the cup (after beating Arsenal). I wouldn't splash the cash now but I would go for quality in the summer if DIC put up the cash, buy two or three 15-20m players, the type of player Liverpool can't afford now. Anyone know when Momo is back?

laoislad

when is the Carling Cup match with Arsenal

Gabriel_Hurl

FA Cup is on Saturday
Carling Cup is on Tuesday night

David Villa was in the directors box at Anfield yesterday

laoislad

RTK: A RECLAIM THE KOP POEM
Paul Jones, RTK 02 January 2007 
  Following on from yesterday's official launch of the campaign to 'Reclaim The Kop', here's the first of many poems we'll be publishing over the next ten weeks. 

Some of you just may have heard, about the RTK
Then some of you may not have yet, so it's time to have our say
RTK, just 3 letters, but means a thousand things
From banners, flags and attitude, to all the songs we sing

It's all about the spirit, the spirit of the Kop
Reclaim our terrace culture, that put us at the top
Most knowledgeable fans throughout the world is how we once were known
But is that a reputation that we have now outgrown?

I'd like to think it wasn't, that we still show respect
Sing songs different to all the rest, that's how it should be kept
No Great Escape or Easy chants, that's not how we are seen
Leave all that stuff to the ones that follow the national team

Away fans stand and sing all game, ours sit there in a bore
Then as one the muppets rise, "You're not singing anymore"
The irony is lost on them, new fans all seem the same
Mocking those that sing while they've sat silent through the game

If they sing anti-scouse songs, it's rude to laugh along
Remember who you're sitting with, it's just another song
The same old tired insults, original ones are rare
Sing something sharp back at them, don't just sit and stare

Our nation is called Liverpool, we belong in no other place
But the shrine we know as Anfield, and Liverpool is our race
Black or white, man or women, we all stand as one
To support our club the way we know, as fans we've always shone

We clap the other goalie, applaud the better side
We're not just bums on seats you know, not just here for the ride
We have a reputation, traditions we have earnt
But some fans turn a blind eye, it's about time they learnt

What Liverpool fans all stand for, and why we're so concerned
We don't throw away the standing, that older Kopites earned
As our chairman once announced, the clubs exists in his hands
"Only to win trophies and be a source of pride for its fans"

The fans are the heartbeat, we all have our role
To maintain the spirit and keep Liverpool's soul
It's not just a game, or a day out with the wife
Supporting our club is part of our life

Respect the Reds that stood before, and passed the mantle on
It's up to us to make them proud, as Liverpool we're one
In '89 we lost our friends, it's time to sing out loud
Reclaim The Kop where they once stood and make our Anfield proud!