The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 06, 2006, 12:48:32 PM
QuoteRead today that Arab fella is worth more than Abramovich looks like the good times are ahead of us

Yes, Chelsea are the type of club Liverpool would aspire to be like. Dull, cautious, boring but who cares if we win, eh?

If this deal doesn't work out go for the reinstatement of the backpass to ensure a return to glory days.
Do you realise what shite your talking?
Chelsea are not a dull boring team and anyone who watched them against Barcelona ,Man United or even against Bolton would see that as for the comment about the backpass rule just look at bingobus's reply and i second that

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 06, 2006, 01:44:29 PM
Haven't won the league since the rule was changed....

So it follows that the change in the back-pass rule is the cause? Does that mean that Liverpool would have continued at the top if the back-pass hadn't been abolished?

J70

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 06, 2006, 02:17:31 PM
Without trying to stir things, I reckon Liverpool fans are being a bit hypocritical on the takeover issue. I know several of them who have lambasted Chelsea for the money they have spent, accusing them of buying the title etc. Some of them actually want United to win the league due to this fact. Then all of a sudden a rich investor from abraad comes in and their tune changes. Now of course they reckon it is essential to spend scandalous ammounts of money to compete in todays market.

I am quite surprised a club with such a rich history as Liverpool have decided to go down the same route as a club who are growing more unpopular by the day.

This is certainly a difficult issue, and I would find it a little hollow if Liverpool do what Chelsea (and AC Milan before them) do and buy the title by outbidding everyone else for players. However, the choice is either accept a future as a second-tier team, or attempt to compete with Chelsea and United.

magpie seanie

The ould back pass one really gets them going. Peach.

charlie stubbs

fulham up next should be a home win, wonder if the growler will start after getting 2 during week.bellamy seems b running into form

laoislad

Would love to see Fowler get a run don't think it will happen though it will be Kuyt and Bellamy i'd say

charlie stubbs

wud say thatl be the combo meself.think dat rafas 1st choice

GalwayBayBoy

Anyway lads who de ye fancy for the last 16 in the CL?

A choice from

Barcelona
Inter Milan
Roma
Real Madrid
Celtic
Porto
Lille

Have to say Celtic, Porto or Lille are probably the three you'd like to draw.

Wouldn't mind a game against Real Madrid though. Haven't played them in ages. We have a good record against Roma too.

laoislad

Too be honest i don't mind who we get as i think with the way we play and how good Benitez is in Europe i think we could beat any of them

Gabriel_Hurl

Midman

Friday 15th december. Lots of big teams there, I hope we draw Madrid as well would be nice to beat the merengues

laoislad

0-0 half time against Fulham we should be 2 or 3 up

laoislad

Saved but Gerrard scores on the rebound 1-0 Liverpool

laoislad

2-0   Jamie Carrarager :o :o :o first goal since 1999!!!!