Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 09, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
Anyone got any recommendations for a good IPTV box. I've got an android, which I hate. EPG is awful and a zgemma which I like. I'm thinking of changing the android and unsure as to whether I should get a Mag 254 or a second zgemma. Any suggestions?

I have a zgemma that I love too, I like the 'Sky'like feel of it but maintainance can be tedious... If you want a secondary device the firestick is a cheap low maintenance option..

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
Yeah the early ones were clunky, buggy and relatively slow but I'm reading good things about the newer Sony ones.

Even the premium Sony ones are meant to be a disaster in terms of usability compared to WebOS on LG or Tizen on Samsung, but of course you get the full access to the Android ecosystem.

The TCL TVs that are selling out like mad on Amazon US have Roku built in, and have read/watched a lot of reviews that say it's by far the best TV navigation experience.

I'll be honest I'd never heard of TCL theyre certainly food for thought.

straightred

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 09, 2018, 08:58:29 PM
Anyone got any recommendations for a good IPTV box. I've got an android, which I hate. EPG is awful and a zgemma which I like. I'm thinking of changing the android and unsure as to whether I should get a Mag 254 or a second zgemma. Any suggestions?

Do you need a new tv any time soon ? I got a LG Smart TV and have it running IPTV on the Smart IPTV app. It has an ariel feed for Saorview, a satellite feed for Freesat and RJ45 for Broadband. Everything on one remote and no extra boxes.

i've a dreamlink box in the other room that works well as well but its an extra remote (that goes missing)

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2018, 09:35:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 09, 2018, 08:20:25 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2018, 04:46:00 PM
Yeah the early ones were clunky, buggy and relatively slow but I'm reading good things about the newer Sony ones.

Even the premium Sony ones are meant to be a disaster in terms of usability compared to WebOS on LG or Tizen on Samsung, but of course you get the full access to the Android ecosystem.

The TCL TVs that are selling out like mad on Amazon US have Roku built in, and have read/watched a lot of reviews that say it's by far the best TV navigation experience.

I'll be honest I'd never heard of TCL theyre certainly food for thought.

The European models are different from the US ones - edge lit Vs FALD, but pretty much a consensus that you can't get better for the price

banker

Anyone ever find an alternative to Terrarium for TV shows/Movies?

I have showbox but it is not great

TabClear

Quote from: banker on October 30, 2018, 10:37:05 AM

My brother used Showbox on my Wifi and i received an email  from BT telling me that my Broadband has been used for illegal downloads/copyright infringement. I ve never received the same message on any of the apps I used. Anyone else any experience of this?

take_yer_points

TeaTV

https://teatv.net/teatv-apk-download/

Solo_run

Quote from: TabClear on October 30, 2018, 11:19:09 AM

My brother used Showbox on my Wifi and i received an email  from BT telling me that my Broadband has been used for illegal downloads/copyright infringement. I ve never received the same message on any of the apps I used. Anyone else any experience of this?

What did the message say?

TabClear

Quote from: Solo_run on October 30, 2018, 01:01:24 PM

Hello Mr xxxxxxx,

'Get It Right from a Genuine Site' has got in touch with us. Get it Right is a government-backed campaign acting for copyright owners who think their content's been shared without their permission.

It looks like someone has been using your broadband to share copyrighted material (that means things like music, films, sport or books). And as your broadband provider, we have to let you know when this happens.

What should you do?
To find out more about what was shared, please take a look here. xxxxx You'll also find lots of tips and advice on how to stop it happening again.

How did Get it Right find out?
The campaign's job is to support the UK's creative industries, cut the amount of content being shared illegally, help people know when it's happened, and show them where to get it from genuine sites. It was set up by copyright owners and is supported by lots of broadband providers. Their team monitors file sharing networks to spot when material is shared illegally and then tells those providers. They do that without accessing anyone's personal information.

If you need more help, or have any questions or concerns, give us a call on 0800 085 6567. We're open 9am-5pm.

Thanks for your support.

Solo_run

Quote from: TabClear on October 30, 2018, 03:25:26 PM

Hello Mr xxxxxxx,

'Get It Right from a Genuine Site' has got in touch with us. Get it Right is a government-backed campaign acting for copyright owners who think their content's been shared without their permission.

It looks like someone has been using your broadband to share copyrighted material (that means things like music, films, sport or books). And as your broadband provider, we have to let you know when this happens.

What should you do?
To find out more about what was shared, please take a look here. xxxxx You'll also find lots of tips and advice on how to stop it happening again.

The campaign's job is to support the UK's creative industries, cut the amount of content being shared illegally, help people know when it's happened, and show them where to get it from genuine sites. It was set up by copyright owners and is supported by lots of broadband providers. Their team monitors file sharing networks to spot when material is shared illegally and then tells those providers. They do that without accessing anyone's personal information.

If you need more help, or have any questions or concerns, give us a call on 0800 085 6567. We're open 9am-5pm.

Thanks for your support.

Seems genuine.

However, I am not to sure of the in's and out's but the get it right campaign addresses file sharing and not streaming services. I would have thought that showbox would be more of an illegal streaming service - not file sharing.

Its looks like you have been caught downloading movies/music or whatever from the likes of piratebay etc

Dougal Maguire

Would a VPN stop that
Careful now

MoChara

Quote from: Solo_run on October 30, 2018, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: TabClear on October 30, 2018, 03:25:26 PM

Hello Mr xxxxxxx,

What should you do?

Thanks for your support.

Seems genuine.

However, I am not to sure of the in's and out's but the get it right campaign addresses file sharing and not streaming services. I would have thought that showbox would be more of an illegal streaming service - not file sharing.

Its looks like you have been caught downloading movies/music or whatever from the likes of piratebay etc

You have an option to download on Showbox as well, some people with poorer internet would rather do it so they are getting pauses during play, could be that.

As Dougal says a VPN should sort it out.

Jim Bob

https://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-install-yoda-kodi-addon.html

Boycey

Are yis not chasing your tails a bit at this stage lads for movies/boxsets? A good few IPTV providers provide VOD only services at a reasonable price or have them packaged with their live services for not much more.

spoofer