Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2014, 11:07:23 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 21, 2014, 11:04:26 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2014, 10:37:56 AM
Gerry Conlon

Do you mean songwriter Gerry Goffin or Gerry Conlon of the Guildford Four?

What he typed. Jesus, look it up before you ask!

RIP Gerry.

Well then, Gerry Goffin has died as well.

Wildweasel74

I am going out the front Door, RIP Gerry

Ulick

Very sorry to hear about Gerry Conlon. Always came across as a brutally honest and articulate man when being interviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QR95-ryd0c#t=146

muppet

He and the others suffered a horrendous ordeal from the moment of their arrests.

I can still vividly remember hearing about their release. Thankfully those days are long behind us.

RIP Gerry.

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

15 years in the slammer and physical and mental abuse from the system would contribute to the early demise of any man.

All of a Sludden

RIP Gerry Conlon. I will always remember his fight for justice and the unforgettable scenes on his release.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

All of a Sludden

The brother of Kolo and Yaya Toure, Ibrahim, has died of cancer at the age of 28.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

BennyCake

Had Gerry not been well?

Disgusting what they went through. Read his book a few years ago. A great read, and nothing like the film.

Dubh driocht

Really sad news about Gerry Conlon. He and his family suffered more than most during the troubles but he was still committed to addressing injustice. We can learn from his life and honour his memory.

Hardy

One sad part of it is that they not only took fifteen years of his life, but took the joy from the rest of his life as well. And, if the death penalty hadn't been abolished, they would have taken his life itself forty years ago.

seafoid

Such sad news about Gerry Conlon. Far too young to die. Ceol na n-aingil go gcloisfidh se.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2014, 05:39:25 PM
Such sad news about Gerry Conlon. Far too young to die. Ceol na n-aingil go gcloisfidh se.
+1.
Beidh síochán agat anois a Ghearóid.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggy90

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2014, 03:53:18 PM
One sad part of it is that they not only took fifteen years of his life, but took the joy from the rest of his life as well. And, if the death penalty hadn't been abolished, they would have taken his life itself forty years ago.

Well said Hardy. RIP Gerry.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

LeoMc

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

I would imagine a lot of his ill health could be rooted in the conditions he endured. They didn't just take 15 years from the middle, they took 15 off the end also.
RIP.

brokencrossbar1

Quote'I remember the night before I got out, looking up at the sky through the bars at Brixton prison and crying,' says Gerry Conlon, as he sips a Diet Coke in a quiet pub in Belfast's city centre. 'Not crying with joy, but crying with anticipation of what lay ahead of me...because this had become my home.'

http://thejusticegap.com/2014/06/days-wish-still-prison-days-wish-dead-2/

Giuseppe is waiting for ye Gerry...another case that should never be forgotten.

RIP Gerry