Connacht Club Championships 2023

Started by Blowitupref, November 02, 2023, 07:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

intheknowhow

Quote from: Silver hill on December 03, 2023, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: intheknowhow on December 03, 2023, 02:36:24 PMGary Shite
Very harsh man.
Anyone can have an off day.  He's some footballer.

Meh, any other player and they would have been whipped off. Poor enough team.

Wildweasel74

St Brigids should just keep ball, there no need to still go pushing up.

Blowitupref

Brigids good value for that win congratulations to them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Where the game at Roscommon,? background scenery of a rebuild, not the greatest for a cup presentation.

intheknowhow

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 03, 2023, 03:05:05 PMWhere the game at Roscommon,? background scenery of rebuilt not the greatest?

What's this new dialect?

imtommygunn

"The hyde". St Brigids a good team who'll be hard beat and corofin not the team of old.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Gary sice after the last few years that poor fella has had.

square_ball

Sice has produced the goods more often than not for Corofin in the past 5 years.

Tubberman

I'd happily take an opportunity to give a dig at Galway teams, but I wouldn't say a word against Gary Sice today. To be still playing at his age and after all he's been through deserves nothing but respect.
Brigids were very good, O'Carroll is a top forward, Stack was outstanding, they look very hungry, hopefully they go another couple of steps.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armagh18

Quote from: Tubberman on December 03, 2023, 03:42:20 PMI'd happily take an opportunity to give a dig at Galway teams, but I wouldn't say a word against Gary Sice today. To be still playing at his age and after all he's been through deserves nothing but respect.
Brigids were very good, O'Carroll is a top forward, Stack was outstanding, they look very hungry, hopefully they go another couple of steps.
hes more medals than 99% of players will ever have. Not sure why anyone would be saying anything bad about him

intheknowhow

Quote from: square_ball on December 03, 2023, 03:15:08 PMSince has produced the goods more often than not for Corofin in the past 5 years.

5 years? Lost 2 co finals and today.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 03, 2023, 03:05:05 PMWhere the game at Roscommon,? background scenery of a rebuild, not the greatest for a cup presentation.
Old cement benches in Dr Hyde park has been dug up and to be replaced by new seats. Long overdue work should look good when it's done.

Brigids deserving winners got off to flying start 1-2 to no score and were in control for the rest of the game. Goals was just keeping Corofin in it 14 scores to 7 shows the type of game it was.

As for Gary Síce he had 5 scoring opportunities today scoring 2 points. How many 39 year olds are top scorers for their senior clubs around the country? And had to go through the heartbreak of losing his wife at such a young age.

Rossfan

Great performance and win by Brigids.
As for Gary Sice he's the latest in a line of players who've had an off day his year when marked by Brian Stack!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Serious performance and victory for Brigids. They won't fear Dingle or Castlehaven so are in a strong position.
Jerome Stack has done a serious job there. Interestingly he coached Castlehaven a few years back and he would know Dingle well also I'm sure. Which gives Brigids another advantage.

Ben O'Carroll has the potential to be a top notch forward over next few years.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Gael85

Where has Corofin Jason Leonard gone to? A excellent freetaker who was missed today.