Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2019, 06:27:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2019, 04:18:17 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 03, 2019, 04:05:51 PM
And now Armagh talking about appealing donaghy red. Jokers. It should be doubled for wasting GAA time.

They said they would look at the video. The video will show there's no chance of getting off.

Yup, McCorry said afterwards they'd look at video to see if they'll appeal.

But there is no grounds for appeal, as we seen later on TV. End of story.

"He was adamant he didn't come down on him and the umpire said there was nothing in it"

Umpire is as blind as the ref so

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on June 03, 2019, 07:00:35 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2019, 06:27:14 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2019, 04:18:17 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 03, 2019, 04:05:51 PM
And now Armagh talking about appealing donaghy red. Jokers. It should be doubled for wasting GAA time.

They said they would look at the video. The video will show there's no chance of getting off.
Must have been the same umpire that missed the elbow on Shields right in front of him so. Donaghy's was just plain stupid can't complain about it.

Yup, McCorry said afterwards they'd look at video to see if they'll appeal.

But there is no grounds for appeal, as we seen later on TV. End of story.

"He was adamant he didn't come down on him and the umpire said there was nothing in it"

Umpire is as blind as the ref so

sidelineball

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/299977

This sums up the mentality under McGeeney, he has the Armagh team running about with the chest out, constantly delivering late hits and up to aul dirt non stop and then when they're caught it's a crying match trying to get off with it.
McGeeney himself should have been banned for his blatant shoulder on McKernan the last day out. Embarrassing stuff appealing this.

Solo_run

Quote from: sidelineball on June 03, 2019, 09:43:48 PM

This sums up the mentality under McGeeney, he has the Armagh team running about with the chest out, constantly delivering late hits and up to aul dirt non stop and then when they're caught it's a crying match trying to get off with it.
McGeeney himself should have been banned for his blatant shoulder on McKernan the last day out. Embarrassing stuff appealing this.

And if you read other articles they said they would make a decision on the appeal after the watch the video footage.

Wildweasel74

Thought McGeeney be banned for player inference as Barton when Derry manager got 2 months interacting with Tyrone players

balladmaker

Strange feeling at the end of the game, 51% of me felt like Armagh left it behind, 49% thinking we'll take the draw.  Great game served up by two pretty average teams.  Both were frightened with the winning line in sight, especially Armagh when trying to defend a 1 point lead on their own 21m line with several minutes to go, that was madness.  As was surrendering the Cavan kick-outs time and again.  Hopefully they will learn to push up the next day. 

Surprised Cavan didn't try big high balls into the square, instead they were happy to play it backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards etc etc.  As did Armagh as well, was infuriating to see balls being played backwards when men were free up front.  Jamie Clarke does alot of running and showing for the ball, but seems to have lost the cutting edge for the score that he had a couple of years ago.  Hopefully he'll prove that comment wrong next Sunday.

The thing that pissed me off the most about yesterday's result ... I'm on a flight to the US next Sunday for work, and won't be touching down until 8pm Irish time ... will be searching for a signal on the mobile somewhere over Newfoundland to see if I can find the result!

Look-Up!

This sums up the mentality under McGeeney, he has the Armagh team running about with the chest out, constantly delivering late hits and up to aul dirt non stop and then when they’re caught it’s a crying match trying to get off with it.

At least he doesn't really do media duties anymore so we won't have to suffer him playing victim to them all week trying to get into referee's head to let everything go next day out.

Solo_run

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 03, 2019, 11:25:14 PM

At least he doesn't really do media duties anymore so we won't have to suffer him playing victim to them all week trying to get into referee's head to let everything go next day out.

Would it have any impact with the amount of crying Cavan have been doing

illdecide

Some yapping and complaining on here FFS, both teams had decisions that went against them. Both teams had decisions that went for them, both teams were involved in the dark arts. Dry your eyes and just look forward to the replay and may the best team win, If Cavan beat Armagh next Sunday i'll wish them all the best for the Ulster Final.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on June 03, 2019, 10:57:57 PM
The thing that pissed me off the most about yesterday's result ... I'm on a flight to the US next Sunday for work, and won't be touching down until 8pm Irish time ... will be searching for a signal on the mobile somewhere over Newfoundland to see if I can find the result!

Don't get the result and watch the thing on GaaGo when you get to the hotel.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2019, 12:06:30 AM

Good idea, hadn't thought of that!

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on June 04, 2019, 12:34:30 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2019, 12:06:30 AM

Good idea, hadn't thought of that!

Just make sure to get a hotel with at least a modest Internet speed. Too many of these places think 1Mb/sec wifi is enough, it does GAABaord but not GAAGo.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Look-Up!

Quote from: Solo_run on June 03, 2019, 11:30:22 PM

Remind me again who's crying about the red trying to get it rescinded?
Geezer would want to start coaching his assistant on how to do interviews as well. He came straight out and said their tactic was to take out Cavan's key men. A bit to learn from the master yet.

tonto1888

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 04, 2019, 01:23:39 AM

Geezer would want to start coaching his assistant on how to do interviews as well. He came straight out and said their tactic was to take out Cavan's key men. A bit to learn from the master yet.

And what exactly did McCorry say

Solo_run

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 04, 2019, 01:23:39 AM

Can you read?

"The referee said Brendan had come down on the man, Brendan was fairly adamant that he hadn't so we'll have a look at the video and we'll probably be appealing that one because Brendan's a key player for us," McCorry told the Belfast Telegraph.

They want to see what happened before they appeal. They don't get replays of incidents on the sideline. Pretty much all Armagh fans on here agree it was a red card. So as it stands nobody from Armagh is crying just a lot of Cavan fans.