Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Half day strike action  looming after mid term. Power to the people

seafoid

Burke just lost his job. The original complaint was Overwhelmed by nonsense. It is not clear what his point was. He could have got an injunction by staying away from the school.  It looks like his mother is some kind of narcissist who controls them all. This case has drawn national attention to the family. His career is probably ruined for nothing.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 21, 2023, 07:56:22 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 20, 2023, 09:55:40 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 20, 2023, 08:59:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2023, 08:48:12 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 20, 2023, 08:21:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2023, 08:18:06 PM
If there is anything that disbars a person from teaching then it should be exercised here.  Insane. You wouldn't want this boy anywhere near your children.

Be subbing on Monday. They're scarce.

Not so sure. Also don't think this boy will be letting up in a hurry either.

No school in Ireland will touch him. There'll be court cases for years.

Don't be so sure of that. Where the church is involved they'll find a spot for him.
Not a chance, what board og management would risk seeing that happen on their watch. Think of the cost so far for Wilson's. Must be close to a million. Schools are run on a shoe string despite the churches assets

Gerry, you are in the North? I don't think you realise what's going on in the south. Nothing would surprise me. However, I imagine there will be right wing loon money coming from the US so he probably doesn't need to work anyway.

Armagh18

What did this lad actually do? Havent been following it at all tbh.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2023, 11:29:47 AM

A pupil wanted to use different pronouns. Teacher said no as it was against his religion as a Christian. They suspended him and barred him from school. He turned up to work wanting to continue teaching so they did the completely proportionate non-hysterical thing and put him in prison.

Who'd want to be a teacher now

imtommygunn

Hmmm that post may not entirely be accurate.

He went out of his way to not use the pronoun thing with a pupil he did not teach. Then there's the contempt of court, then there's the continuing turning up at the school and there's much more.

Whatever you think about the pronoun stuff this guy is not fit to be near children. Check out his family history on Wikipedia.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 21, 2023, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 21, 2023, 11:29:47 AM

A pupil wanted to use different pronouns. Teacher said no as it was against his religion as a Christian. They suspended him and barred him from school. He turned up to work wanting to continue teaching so they did the completely proportionate non-hysterical thing and put him in prison.

Who'd want to be a teacher now
Surely there is more to it that that! Christ the night.

imtommygunn

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 21, 2023, 12:57:42 PM
There is way more.
It's like simplifying the troubles to a minor disagreement.....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

RedHand88

He was sent to prison for contempt of court because he turned up at work, breaking a restraining order (!) that was placed on him for refusing to comply with the child's new pronouns.

This week it looks like he was going to be granted an injunction against disciplinary action from the school but it fell through because he wouldn't accept the restraining order.

If I've missed anything feel free to fill in the blanks.

trueblue1234

He was jailed for breaking a court order.

The reason a court order was needed was because he firstly refused to follow the schools instruction on how to deal with a pupil. Then when the school took action to put him on paid leave as a result, he refused to be suspended and kept turning up. He then proceeded to confront the principle at a public event and berate her. He then continued to turn up at the school so the school had to get a court order to try and keep him away. He still decided he would ignore the will of the court and was lifted and jailed.

Regardless of what you think of his initial decision (And I still think he was a tw*t for that) his decision to continually ignore the law landed him in jail. Best of luck to him. Destroyed his career, which from what I've seen is a blessing as I would hate to think he was teaching my kid!!

Armagh18

Sounds like the school are a bunch of wankers too. Fecking pronouns the world has gone mad

tonto1888

The school is grand. And pronouns are the reason the world has gone mad? Seriously?

trueblue1234

As I said, regardless of the initial decision, Burke can have no complaints about being where he is.

I think his stance was absolutely ridiculous.