Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Sportacus on January 05, 2021, 08:31:16 PM
Stormont really is an amateur set up. MLAs spoofing away on Twitter, absolutely useless they are.
"It's better than the bad old days" is wearing thin after all these years of bickering, indecision and incompetence.

Next time round make sure you don't vote for them. Try it, things can't be worse.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on January 05, 2021, 10:02:37 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on January 05, 2021, 08:31:16 PM
Stormont really is an amateur set up. MLAs spoofing away on Twitter, absolutely useless they are.
"It's better than the bad old days" is wearing thin after all these years of bickering, indecision and incompetence.

Next time round make sure you don't vote for them. Try it, things can't be worse.

That's the plan

Milltown Row2

So GCSE''s and A level exams scrapped for the year?

But we are still doing the AQE transfer tests at the end of Feb..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 12:16:29 PM

Why should  exam kids go back to school when schools open again?

delgany

Quote from: marty34 on January 06, 2021, 12:27:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 12:16:29 PM

Why should  exam kids go back to school when schools open again?

To get coursework completed , so that the school can allocate a grade for them - from A* downwards

Windmill abu

Never underestimate the power of complaining

trailer

So with exams cancelled I assume teaching in schools at GCSE and A-Level is all but finished up?

laoislad

Finally an announcement. Schools to close for rest of month,Leaving Cert students to go to school 3 days a week.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on January 06, 2021, 02:45:40 PM
So with exams cancelled I assume teaching in schools at GCSE and A-Level is all but finished up?
I'd imagine, or they may want kids to finish the studies as they will be (GCSE) moving up to upper 6th

But certainly the 1st years would need to finish their studies going forward, and so on with the other years..

I'd hope that they sort out the method for grading well before the grades are handed out, unlike last year when it was a bit of a disaster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 04:26:31 PM
I'd imagine, or they may want kids to finish the studies as they will be (GCSE) moving up to upper 6th

But certainly the 1st years would need to finish their studies going forward, and so on with the other years..

I'd hope that they sort out the method for grading well before the grades are handed out, unlike last year when it was a bit of a disaster

GCSE & A'level students (when they get back into the classroom) will face numerous tests/assignments to give the teachers the evidence that they need to come up with an accurate grade. Most schools have been doing this already. Weir said, a couple of months ago, that he was concerned that schools were over testing students due to fears that there would be no exams, while stating that the exams would definitely go ahead.
Ulster League Champions 2009

FermGael

Quote from: Estimator on January 06, 2021, 06:20:10 PM

GCSE & A'level students (when they get back into the classroom) will face numerous tests/assignments to give the teachers the evidence that they need to come up with an accurate grade. Most schools have been doing this already. Weir said, a couple of months ago, that he was concerned that schools were over testing students due to fears that there would be no exams, while stating that the exams would definitely go ahead.

Can only speak for my own school
We have less data than last year.
We would have had GCSE modular results from year 11.
They didn't happen in June so are not there.
We were suppose to have year 12 mocks in December. Didn't happen due to Covid cases in the year group.  We also have had several clusters of pupils having to self isolate throughout the year .
In my opinion we have less data to work with this year than we did last year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JimStynes

First day back and I've already got the 1000 yard stare.

ONeill

I beeped my horn at 8pm for you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

restorepride

Still a good decision [by Mr Wier(d)] and earlier than the last academic year, which is to be welcomed.   Now down to teacher integrity, which in some schools was in short supply last year. 

johnnycool

Quote from: Estimator on January 06, 2021, 06:20:10 PM

My wee lad who's only in Yr11 was being tested constantly when they went back in September and it seems with good reason.

Weir seems to get this monumentally wrong time and time again so much so you'd think he's working to an agenda as blindly following the morons in London doesn't even seem to make sense either.