Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 07, 2020, 06:31:24 PM
Are schools going to be the only workplace where social distancing is going to be ignored?
Dangerous place to be !!

Nah.
Meat factories don't seem to do social distancing either
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

They will soon enough I expect.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 06, 2020, 08:53:22 PM
Why does social distancing not apply to children when they are in school but does after 3pm?
They can pick this virus up from ones in their bubble just as easy as from anyone outside it.

Oh no, its better than that.

The school will keep them in a bubble in the classroom - then load them all onto the usual busses at the usual  service rate (i.e. "full to capacity").

So the "bubbles" is 100% ineffective.
The bus drivers are at significantly increased risk.
Anyone else on a normal service bus that carries school kids are at a significantly increased risk.
The parents are at significantly increased risk.
and finally the teachers are at significantly increased risk.

How, after 5 months to work on it, Peter Weir can conclude this is the course of action to take is beyond me. I'd love to see the reports that led him to this conclusion. I fully expect it all to come out in the inevitable court case when someone dies because of transmission via a school.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

It just seems like they've decided "f**k it".

marty34

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2020, 10:58:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 07, 2020, 10:15:43 PM
It just seems like they've decided "f**k it".
That is it. There is support for that though. People are happy to social distance and play their part as long as they can bung their kids in somewhere for some other cnut to look after them.

It'll flip this whole thread on its head though. Teachers putting their lives on the line minding other people's kids while accountants are sitting in the house in their trunks.

Maybe not.

I think's it's the former - get them out of the house, back to school as I can't handle dealing with them in the house for another few months!!

armaghniac

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 07, 2020, 06:31:24 PM
Are schools going to be the only workplace where social distancing is going to be ignored?
Dangerous place to be !!

No, also meat plants, and sure they show there is nothing to worry about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

You get the impression that so many schools went on solo runs and none of them knitted well that this was their best option.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Timetables/scheduling.

I'd two different schedules sent to me in July from different schools for my own children. Throw in my own and it was almost impossible to manage it without me having to leave my work at times.

Say for example Belfast - I thought schools would have somehow managed to get together to work something that synced.

ONeill

Agree - definitely not. I think that's why they (Weir et al) thought fcuk it.

Throw in exam boards having to work out new specs.

I think they're hoping we'll be lucky here and get through this alright.

From the Bunker

It should be known that Teachers are the victims in all of this.

It has not been easy the last six months for them waiting to get back to school.

A lot of the covid planning seems rushed and they may need an extra month to be extra safe.

If parents have survived up to now an extra month wont make a difference.

ONeill

I think when you saw two completely different strategies from two major schools in close proximity to each other put forward in late June/early July which had zero correlation to each other, you knew this isn't going to work.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 08, 2020, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2020, 12:13:47 AM
I think when you saw two completely different strategies from two major schools in close proximity to each other put forward in late June/early July which had zero correlation to each other, you knew this isn't going to work.
Surely they are cutting their cloth to suit? It's not as if they're not doing something because those hoors up the street are doing it.

100%. That's why it couldn't work. Actually had a 20 quid bet on from late June that Weir would announce what he did yesterday. I won't get paid. You throw in primary schools with serious changes....teachers with children couldn't work it, as well as non-teaching parents.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on August 08, 2020, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2020, 12:08:23 AM

It has not been easy the last six months for them waiting to get back to school.

A lot of the covid planning seems rushed and they may need an extra month to be extra safe.

It's bloody disgraceful. And there are people staying at home supping the government's soup instead of going back to their work!

Who are these people staying at home supping the government's soup instead of going back to their work?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2020, 12:08:23 AM

How are the teachers victims?

Yes, the planning is rushed. I'm not sure of the size of classrooms, but there is no way in hell 30 children can keep 2 metres apart. Nor one. Children are supposed to be carriers of the virus so as RadioGAAGAA pointed out what happens when these 'pods' go home on buses.

I don't know how they'll manage to keep children apart on yard either. Will each pod get staggered lunchbreaks? Four or five from each class out at a time, laughable.

Teachers are also advised not to interact with children either, so if Johnny down the back doesn't understand pythagoras theorem or the likes from the board what does the teacher do then?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2020, 12:13:47 AM

As far as I know they put out different strategies as the education board (i.e. Peter Weir) were completely absent in providing leadership and a coherent plan they could all work to.

So they ended up doing either their own thing, or a few clusters might have got together and agreed a common approach.

i usse an speelchekor