Smurfy123

How do you work that out Wiesel?
12 are you having a laugh?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2020, 05:39:49 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 19, 2020, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2020, 05:25:25 PM
Don't go on strike until that money comes in next week though
I've heard recently that it won't be in this month's pay. From someone I would consider a good source, if there is such a thing.

Balls. I'd heard the opposite. Even booked a fella to clear a pile of conifers.

Ah ffs! I've ordered dining suit for the summer house I built while doing f**k all over the lockdown! She'll not be happy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

It is easy to sit on the outside, looking in and comment on schools. No two schools are exactly the same in terms of size and each school has it's own circumstances to manage.
Ultimately , DENI have abdicated responsibilities to each individual school. So , BOG and Principals will make the call, having responsibility for 30 kids/ 4 adults in the smallest schools to 1500kids /200 adults in the largest , has the biggest impact on any decisions being made. Schools should go slow and steady at the start and ramp up quickly , if everything stays in a good place.  There will be local agreements in place , so that all schools start with a similar starting point @ 40% in/60% out , then moving to 60/ 40, then full attendance.
DENI have been a shitshow.They have left schools to fund all additional costs from their current budgets that are in general fkd in the first place. Yet handed £8 million to sub teachers with no conditions attached , like the situation for summer camps and extra staff in schools in Sept.
A full attendance for my place  , would entail  7 extra rooms and 5 extra staff.!that isn't going to happen - but DENI didnt figure that out very well at all  !

Smurfy123

No new cases in the north today
None
Not one
Out of a population of 1.9million not 1 case
That is pretty hard to achieve
Bad day for the teachers union

JimStynes

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 02:54:57 PM
No new cases in the north today
None
Not one
Out of a population of 1.9million not 1 case
That is pretty hard to achieve
Bad day for the teachers union

Do you think teachers want to teach half classes? Send online work home and teach the other half in school? Writing new policies and marking out classrooms etc Pain in the hole. As it stands with all this 1m guidance, teachers will have a significant increase in workload in August/September.

Smurfy123

No I don't Jim but some do want this to continue
As I said yesterday the Union should have come out with a positive statement instead of this crap about we can't do it
And every single Principal was the same
Find a way for Christ sake

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 03:29:23 PM
As I said yesterday the Union should have come out with a positive statement instead of this crap about we can't do it

Either you don't think they do or don't? Ffs make your mind up with the general sweeping statements, cause there's lazy Cnuts in every job
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 03:29:23 PM

How many ways or times do we need to explain that without a lorry load of new classrooms and extra teachers that it ain't going to happen in respect of a 1m distance .

No social distancing , ram them in and bin the online stuff , I haven't spoken to any teachers who prefers the current situation

No reported cases .is a good sign , let's hope it lasts to 24th August and everyone can get back to school as normal.

Sin e

Smurfy123

Delgany why won't it happen with the 1 metre rule in place?

bennydorano

Would kitting out portacabins not be an affordable temporary solution? Its going to cost money either road.

Milltown Row2

Somebody actually draw it out with the current tables a school has within a class

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Would knitting out portacabins not be an affordable temporary solution? Its going to cost money either road.

That be a lot of wool

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2020, 05:03:18 PM
Somebody actually draw it out with the current tables a school has within a class

We need exact schematics here. If the schematics suggest it can't be done we'll argue against it anyway ;D

delgany

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 20, 2020, 04:49:26 PM
Delgany why won't it happen with the 1 metre rule in place?

For the 10th time  a 60 sq metre  classroom , cant have 30 kids in it with 1m socialdistance for the children and staff. Why would you continue to question this point, do you think we are making it up.
If the R rate is zero in August / September , then full school return .

delgany

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2020, 05:02:59 PM
Would kitting out portacabins not be an affordable temporary solution? Its going to cost money either road.

Seriously,  you think the dept of education would spend money on that idea ! There are over 1 100 schools in the North , where would you like them to be positioned,  boss.

I'm sure Mc Evoys could work flat out between now and next year putting them in. A second hand portacabin would be between £500 - £700   a week.

Like I said before, put your idea on an email to Peter Weir , he needs all the help he can get ...