Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: theticklemister on October 29, 2016, 04:06:22 PM
To be fair I had a stressful week off there.

Back in on Monday however, mind you it is an inset day with no kids. 😉😉😉😉

9 to 3?? Joke of a job.

ApresMatch

Had parent meetings yesterday. One couple who came in were both teachers themselves. Two fkn eijits spent the whole time trying to catch me out with their 'knowledge'; werent interested in hearing about Wee Johnny!

ONeill

If any teacher is working more than 9-3 then they're doing it wrong.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tonto1888

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2016, 11:05:10 PM

Yeah, cause all schools run on a 9-3 day

ONeill

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 29, 2016, 11:12:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2016, 11:05:10 PM

Yeah, cause all schools run on a 9-3 day

Ok. 8.45-3.30.

Mikhail Prokhorov

the whole point about 'work' or 'a job' is that if you do it for someone else its human nature to do as little as possible.

if you are self employed or a shareholder in the company you work then obviously you will work harder to produce better results.

they are overpaid imo

does anyone know any teachers who do part time work in the off season? no me neither  ;)

JimStynes

I definitely don't get paid enough.

tonto1888

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 30, 2016, 12:50:43 AM
the whole point about 'work' or 'a job' is that if you do it for someone else its human nature to do as little as possible.

if you are self employed or a shareholder in the company you work then obviously you will work harder to produce better results.

they are overpaid imo

does anyone know any teachers who do part time work in the off season? no me neither  ;)

I do. When I was a teacher I worked in a bar over the holidays. I know some others who do work on the side also

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on October 30, 2016, 09:39:47 AM
;D said every person ever! There appears to be a pay inequality in (secondary) teaching depending on the subject you teach. English homework and similar are going to be essay laden so there would be a serious marking burden in the evening, whereas there must be handier numbers like maths and PE, yet the teachers are paid the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 30, 2016, 10:07:07 AM
;D said every person ever! There appears to be a pay inequality in (secondary) teaching depending on the subject you teach. English homework and similar are going to be essay laden so there would be a serious marking burden in the evening, whereas there must be handier numbers like maths and PE, yet the teachers are paid the same.
Wife is maths teacher, works every night,  marking and setting exams.  Also currently doing a course at Strandmillis for further maths (something that she already has a degree in) so that they tick certain boxes come inspection!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 30, 2016, 10:01:52 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 30, 2016, 12:50:43 AM

they are overpaid imo

I do. When I was a teacher I worked in a bar over the holidays. I know some others who do work on the side also

Subs probably do as they don't get paid in holiday time
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2016, 10:39:56 AM
Wife is maths teacher, works every night,  marking and setting exams.  Also currently doing a course at Strandmillis for further maths (something that she already has a degree in) so that they tick certain boxes come inspection!

teacher in work shocker  ::)

get over it, thats the job!

if you dont like it do something else

tonto1888

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 30, 2016, 04:53:40 PM

Many jobs don't have the amount of out of hours work that teachers have. Your reply shows a lack of understanding of the job teachers have to do

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 30, 2016, 04:53:40 PM

I am over it and I do something else... there seems to be a lot of jealousy towards the teaching vocation!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Teachers are a pack of overpaid moaners.