Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Teaching a child to read is slightly more difficult than kicking a fkn  ball.   Catch  a  grip.

theticklemister

Quote from: delgany on October 28, 2016, 10:14:33 PM
Teaching a child to read is slightly more difficult than kicking a fkn  ball.   Catch  a  grip.

Depends which child lol

tonto1888

Quote from: laoislad on October 28, 2016, 10:00:05 PM
7am to 5pm. Nice short day.

Except it's not just that. Sure just leave the part about work at home out as it doesn't suit your argument

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 28, 2016, 06:14:57 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 28, 2016, 05:59:33 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on October 28, 2016, 05:08:01 PM
Quote from: delgany on October 28, 2016, 04:37:44 PM
After tax  , national Insurance  and superannuation  , take home pay is  what matters and it doesnt  reflect their qualifications and role in society.
A sch principal responsible for 330 other people , earns £150  a day approx.
Someone  in private sector can charge any figure and add 30% and perhaps pay little tax on it .

So are you now complaining about the massive pensions that teachers and public servants get?

We'll say teachers work 30 hours a week.
We'll say they work 35 weeks in the year.
The starting salary is €31,000.

35 weeks by 30 hours is 1,050 hours.
The hourly rate is €29.52.
That is over triple the minimum wage for a teacher at the starting scale.

Now compare that with a private sector worker.

They works say 39 hours a week.
They work say 47 weeks in the year.
In order to match that hourly rate they would need a starting salary of around €55k.

How many jobs would you walk out of university with a degree and into €55k starting salary. I can guarantee there wouldn't be many about and they would be very hard obtained with plenty of pressure and expectation from your employers.

Teachers don't work 30 hours a week. Double that and you would be getting close

Good joke, pal.

I ain't your pal and nor am I joking. However it's clear from your posts that you do not know a thing about teaching and you have something against those in the profession so arguing with you on it is pointless

theticklemister

30 hours a week would be me arriving at school at 9; with the kids need collecting from yard at 8:50. Then I would be leaving school at 3; with classes going into 3:15.

JimStynes

You're working in England as well! Ridiculous hours and ridiculous paperwork over there. Need to get yourself back home for a wee handy job.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: delgany on October 28, 2016, 08:30:14 PM
I'll bomber
"They should be put to work in the summer months, helping disadvantaged and special needs kids during the summer."

for your information teachers help disadvantaged and special needs children and their parents every day they  go to school.    Even the children deserve. A summer holiday.

I'm taking unclear what profession you are   but you really have no idea about the job teachers do ...it's complexities ...

It is no easy job. But it is a fantastic job in terms of seeing all children make progress. And become doctors. Nurses....people who work in education. Give more than any of the shite talked on here by people who just don't know  or more likely had a poor educational experience or indeed haven't  got a decent career path   sin e

That's their job.

They should not get 3 months holidays a year with the salary and perks they have. You seem to hold a sense of entitlement to those 3 months holidays.

Il Bomber Destro

In the 26 there never seems to be a supply problem with teachers.

I hold little sympathy for newly qualified teachers who are finding it tough, they chose that career path and the likelihood is the great starting salary, the shorter working week (compared to industry average), excessive holidays (probably over treble the industry average), big pension and job security were the motivating factors in that decision.

Would there be the same clamber for teaching positions on undergraduate degrees if teachers were no longer given their 3 month holidays and their working perks were in line with their public servant counterparts like nurses, gardai etc.

That is the elephant in the room as far as teachers are concerned and one they do not want to address. They feel a sense of entitlement to those 3 month paid holidays.

Il Bomber Destro

Why do childcare workers who work in creches/playschools etc get paid the minimum wage, work 12 months a year and get no perks associated with teachers like pensions/annual leave/job security?

And the teachers go striking with all they have.

Their arrogance and defensive attitude is quite disgraceful. They quite clearly live in a bubble and feel entitled to perks they would never get in any other career path.

Milltown Row2

This is nonsense or a wind up!!! We could look at all jobs and make an argument that it's easy and has  great perks with them... banking, gift! Accounts, gift ! Tradesmen, easy job! Sales, even easier , nursing really easy and policeman proper gift of job!

Everybody chooses a job and they run with it, saying someone gets better perks than someone else is something you hear in the play yard..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I'm enjoying how much it winds Bomber up. I'll be thinking of you on my week off  8)

bamboo

A sparky, or any tradesman, doing a 60hr week ( as it's being claimed on here ) can be broken down into 10hrs proper graft, 40hrs arsing about on gaa board, Facebook etc while ripping people off with ludicrous quotes and 10hrs avoiding the tax-man or people from programmes such as rogue traders.

Or is that tarring them all with the same brush? Wouldn't want to be doing that now would we?

Serious amount of jealousy and bitterness from a few on here towards teachers.

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on October 29, 2016, 03:13:23 PM
I'm enjoying how much it winds Bomber up. I'll be thinking of you on my week off  8)
I'm enjoying how much it winds bamboo up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: bamboo on October 29, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
A sparky, or any tradesman, doing a 60hr week ( as it's being claimed on here ) can be broken down into 10hrs proper graft, 40hrs arsing about on gaa board, Facebook etc while ripping people off with ludicrous quotes and 10hrs avoiding the tax-man or people from programmes such as rogue traders.

Or is that tarring them all with the same brush? Wouldn't want to be doing that now would we?
That's pretty accurate to be fair.  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

To be fair I had a stressful week off there.

Back in on Monday however, mind you it is an inset day with no kids. 😉😉😉😉