Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 13, 2016, 02:31:14 PM
6 weeks lads and ladies. We can do it.

Sure the work is all done by now? Is it not a case of school tours and watching videos for the rest of term? You have to get ready for the wind down for the two months of Holiday ahead?

FermGael

2 weeks for the lads and the lassies across the border
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Holidays can't come soon enough. My class are nuts and I am about to kill someone! P5/6 composite, 33 in the class, 18 IEPs, 2 with no English at all, over half from broken homes and a traveller trying to fight with half the class at every opportunity.  It's been a long year.

theticklemister

Quote from: JimStynes on May 13, 2016, 10:54:20 PM
Holidays can't come soon enough. My class are nuts and I am about to kill someone! P5/6 composite, 33 in the class, 18 IEPs, 2 with no English at all, over half from broken homes and a traveller trying to fight with half the class at every opportunity.  It's been a long year.

Always side with the traveller lad.

Well i had a rough week there myself. Sat in during the SATs for days to 'prompt' children, and then had to teach in the afternoons. To top it fecking off; I'm out of school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to go on an outdoor residential. This teaching craic is tough! ;) ;) ;) ;)

ONeill

Yiz are doing it wrong. Buy a broadsheet and just look over it now and again as the lads re-read The BFG.

JimStynes

Quote from: theticklemister on May 13, 2016, 11:01:57 PM

Well i had a rough week there myself. Sat in during the SATs for days to 'prompt' children, and then had to teach in the afternoons. To top it fecking off; I'm out of school on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to go on an outdoor residential. This teaching craic is tough! ;) ;) ;) ;)

The SATs seem to be crazy though! The maths isn't too bad but I would struggle with a lot of the questions from the literacy test.  I would hate to teach in England. We only think we have paper work and box ticking exercises over in Ireland. I have a lot of friends who teach in England and the hours they put in is ridiculous.

theticklemister

Quote from: JimStynes on May 14, 2016, 09:56:20 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on May 13, 2016, 11:01:57 PM

The SATs seem to be crazy though! The maths isn't too bad but I would struggle with a lot of the questions from the literacy test.  I would hate to teach in England. We only think we have paper work and box ticking exercises over in Ireland. I have a lot of friends who teach in England and the hours they put in is ridiculous.

the new curriculum is seriously bucked up hi. Im year 3 thank god.

Milltown Row2

Wife starting to lose it!! Holidays cant come quick enough... Every level and type of school has its pressures... Plus new cuts next year and under budgeting making teachers fit more into their timetable.... Glad I'm out of that madness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Pack of moaners, teachers. Never done a real day's work.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2016, 12:21:15 AM
+1. Unemployable in the read world. I'm glad we have youse were we can keep an eye on youse. Zero skills for the private sector.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2016, 12:41:34 AM
+1. Unemployable in the read world. I'm glad we have youse were we can keep an eye on youse. Zero skills for the private sector.

Says little for the private sector if you can get a job in it. You can't even spell!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gaffer on May 15, 2016, 01:01:27 AM

Says little for the private sector if you can get a job in it. You can't even spell!
Zinger. Stick a wee gold star in your homework book.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2016, 01:07:41 AM

Which skills are teachers lacking for the private sector if that is what you believe?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gaffer on May 15, 2016, 11:21:35 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2016, 01:07:41 AM

Which skills are teachers lacking for the private sector if that is what you believe?

If you were to have that choice again would you choose private sector or teaching??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea