Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Yip Jim! And I'm getting paid for the holidays too this time. Hard Oul year ahead in the school, my biggest task is getting a Gaelic team sorted. Wouldn't really bother about the Oul academic shit to be honest with you.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 29, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2014, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 29, 2014, 05:36:30 PM
http://www.thejournal.ie/woman-knife-attack-mayo-1645060-Aug2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

Woman turns up at Mayo school and threatens principal with a knife

It's been a tough week for everyone in Mayo, she has been under a lot of stress.

Sidney was the teacher involved, he's a geography teacher in Murdeachs and he was trying to teach them that limerick is halfway between Mayo & Kerry

Nah, he'd never have found Mayo.
MWWSI 2017

Over the Bar

I've half a dozen mate who are teachers and also current or ex-club footballers. They think it's easy street overall and only moan about the pay.   They are firmly of the view that those who struggle at teaching probably would not get an job anywhere else and only came into teaching because they were looking for the respect they don't get elsewhere!   

ONeill

Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2014, 09:41:19 PM
Yip Jim! And I'm getting paid for the holidays too this time. Hard Oul year ahead in the school, my biggest task is getting a Gaelic team sorted. Wouldn't really bother about the Oul academic shit to be honest with you.

That's the spirit!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2014, 09:41:19 PM

A wee letter from the inspectorate would soon sort that attitude out.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Do you think a male teacher should have to wear a tie?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Yes, sets a good example and all that! However, women wear jeans to work and get away with it. Wear a pair of jeans and a shirt and let us know how you get on!

Windmill abu

Quote from: ONeill on September 04, 2014, 06:57:46 PM
Do you think a male teacher should have to wear a tie?

If that is all he is wearing it should be a long one.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

theticklemister

NQT time and a day out for the course this week cancelled   Have to work a full week. Snapping

laoislad

Quote from: theticklemister on November 17, 2014, 08:41:49 AM
NQT time and a day out for the course this week cancelled   Have to work a full week. Snapping
Starting at 9am and finishing at 3pm every day can hardly be called a full weeks work... That's not even taking into account the 3 hours of coffee breaks during the day.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Quote from: laoislad on November 17, 2014, 10:56:51 AM
Starting at 9am and finishing at 3pm every day can hardly be called a full weeks work... That's not even taking into account the 3 hours of coffee breaks during the day.

Starting from 7.45 and finishing at 5. There ye go

Orior

To an extent, teachers do get it handy, but I have full admiration for teachers whose first priority is to educate their pupils.

I have less admiration for teachers who enter teaching because it is a cushy number.

Finally, I have zero admiration for school principals who got their job because of a useless crowd of gombeens on the board of governers. Those appointments are not on ability but who you know. Nine time out of ten the result is that the principal wreaks havoc and then spends the school budget with solicitors.

Thank heavens I am not a teacher.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theticklemister

We have a hard life, je I'm on me phone here typing this...........

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on November 17, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

Says the fella who can post at 10:56 AM on a Monday morning during a schoolday ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.