Talking to the Dead

Started by DirtyDozen12, October 26, 2010, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

I see all these posters up round the towns advertising some "Mystic" who can talk to the dead relatives and friends in the audience.  Was talking to a person who attended such a function in Enniskillen and they reckoned it was amazing and that this "mystic" was the real deal and really talking to the dead.  Ive never heard such shite in my life to be honest and dont buy into it for a minute, think it is just like magic show or some other form of entertainment but there are people out there who truely believe in this tripe.  Has anyone ever been to one of these shows?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 26, 2010, 10:03:54 AM
I see all these posters up round the towns advertising some "Mystic" who can talk to the dead relatives and friends in the audience.  Was talking to a person who attended such a function in Enniskillen and they reckoned it was amazing and that this "mystic" was the real deal and really talking to the dead.  Ive never heard such shite in my life to be honest and dont buy into it for a minute, think it is just like magic show or some other form of entertainment but there are people out there who truely believe in this tripe.  Has anyone ever been to one of these shows?

Darren brown did a show a few months back, exposing the con artists so to speak. This was one of the sectors that he highlighted.

nrico2006

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 26, 2010, 10:03:54 AM

Never been myself, but know a few people who have been and they have been really amazed by the feedback they got at them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Cold reading and gullible people.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Absolute rubbish, reminds me of the Steve Martin & Liam Neeson film 'Leap of Faith'

DirtyDozen12

If I can recall, South Park did a quaility episode on this and completely took the piss out of a well known Amercian mystic basically stating that teh whole thing was a load of shite. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Gaaman