Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

He was an utter jackass to try to sue in the first place.

Aaron Boone

They must be wondering will they ever play professional rugby again. Sale getting cold feet after social media backlash yesterday, even the local Manchester MP was objecting.

Milltown Row2

Social justice warriors! They'll fight any cause.. Alfie's army was another sad case of using social media. Be another cause worth fighting for soon enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Quote from: trailer on May 03, 2018, 09:56:57 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 03, 2018, 09:54:54 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/05/02/sale-sharks-deny-interest-signing-paddy-jackson-stuart-olding/

It would appear Olding and Jackson are toxic and no team wants to touch them let alone sign them.

It would appear that any team that want to touch them are getting harassed and vilified. I don't know what the end game of these campaign groups is. I doubt they know themselves, just delighted with the temporary power and illusion of influence

Milltown Row2

I could start a rumour tomorrow that they are set to sign for some Australian team and they'd believe it and start a social justice campaign!

Pure speculation about these players playing for a n other! Doesn't stop the keyboard warriors though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Quote from: haranguerer on May 03, 2018, 10:04:18 AM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2018/05/02/sale-sharks-deny-interest-signing-paddy-jackson-stuart-olding/

It would appear Olding and Jackson are toxic and no team wants to touch them let alone sign them.

It would appear that any team that want to touch them are getting harassed and vilified. I don't know what the end game of these campaign groups is. I doubt they know themselves, just delighted with the temporary power and illusion of influence
As someone pointed out, Bill Clinton, who has had numerous accusations of sexual assault, sexual harassment and one of rape made against him, received the Freedom of the City of Belfast a few days before Olding and Jackson got the sack from Ulster.

It's playing out predictably. Any thoughts of improving the system through protest will be long forgotten(if they ever existed)  by these eejits. The hounding of 2 men who've already lost nearly everything will continue.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 03, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

As someone pointed out, Bill Clinton, who has had numerous accusations of sexual assault, sexual harassment and one of rape made against him, received the Freedom of the City of Belfast a few days before Olding and Jackson got the sack from Ulster.

It's playing out predictably. Any thoughts of improving the system through protest will be long forgotten(if they ever existed)  by these eejits. The hounding of 2 men who've already lost nearly everything will continue.

Fawning over the Clintons is ok it seems

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

Sale Sharks sponsors scupper Jackson/Olding deal?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43994265

One of Sale Sharks' main sponsors raised concerns with the club about the reported interest in signing Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding.

Investment firm AJ Bell, the naming rights partner for Sale's stadium, said it had told director of rugby Steve Diamond of its concerns.  Sale have dismissed reports they were in advanced negotiations with the former Ireland and Ulster players.  The pair were cleared of rape after a nine-week trial.
But there was controversy over social media and WhatsApp messages they had exchanged and their contracts were later revoked by Ulster and the Irish Rugby Football Union

The BBC has learned that AJ Bell co-founder Andy Bell spoke directly with Diamond to discuss the company's concerns.  In a statement, Mr Bell said: "Sale Sharks are very aware of the strong values engrained (sic) within our business, many of which are shared by the club and their supporters.

"We have total faith in Steve Diamond and the owners to reflect these values whilst they are stewards of the club."

Syferus

Happy that these English clubs are being held to account. If they're toxic in Ireland why wouldn't they be in the same country they were tried?

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 03, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

As I recall from the Ched Evans thread you have a personal angle in this.

I remember you recounting a tale from your own life where a women left your bedroom in tears only for you to be convinced by all your mates telling you she was a loon that you did nothing wrong. So it doesn't seem much of a stretch to say your own behaviour and opinions in this thread are in part informed by your wish to square away your own actions as morally OK. It's part of the reason I have little time for your grandstanding on this topic.

seafoid

Just going back to the day of the verdict I don't think anybody would have expected what is transpiring now. The boys won the case but they seem to have lost the war. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU