Milltown Row2

Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 05:09:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 04:17:33 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 04:15:58 PM
Have to say I was shocked that a 13-year-girl (according to radio report) wearing 'I support Paddy Jackson' T shirt went to game wiith her father.  Photo in Irish News

Shocked?

That's what I wrote - well done.

Easily shocked
Maybe I am thinking that a 13-year-old girl has no issue with Paddy Jackson's behaviour and her father has no issue that she has no issue with it...

If your son was involved in a threesome you'd be shocked?

Very shocked; he's 15!

Still his college years to come, plenty time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
Have to say I was shocked that a 13-year-girl (according to radio report) wearing 'I support Paddy Jackson' T shirt went to game wiith her father.  Photo in Irish News

Shocked?

Easily shocked
Maybe I am thinking that a 13-year-old girl has no issue with Paddy Jackson's behaviour and her father has no issue that she has no issue with it...

Very shocked; he's 15!

I hope he shows more respect to women than those boys did. Hardly role models dragging Ulster rugby through the gutter hence their P45s.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

Shocked?

Easily shocked

Very shocked; he's 15!

I hope he shows more respect to women than those boys did. Hardly role models dragging Ulster rugby through the gutter hence their P45s.

I've no problems with people being held up as role models and certain restrictions in place.. and I hope my own kids don't find themselves in similar circumstances but it seems to be a witch hunt, made up of people who'd made up there minds regardless of the evidence presented and intent on revenge of sorts!

I'm sure Jackson and Olding will find work elsewhere.. they have learned a big lesson and clubs now have put huge importantce now on insuring they can monitor their players better.. I was chatting to a guy who was at a wedding lately, there was a Welsh rugby player at it who is basically chipped with a watch that can monitor his movements drink intake and so on!

Won't matter much once the Russians start a war :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 06:03:59 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 14, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

Shocked?

Easily shocked

Very shocked; he's 15!

I've no problems with people being held up as role models and certain restrictions in place.. and I hope my own kids don't find themselves in similar circumstances but it seems to be a witch hunt, made up of people who'd made up there minds regardless of the evidence presented and intent on revenge of sorts!

I'm sure Jackson and Olding will find work elsewhere.. they have learned a big lesson and clubs now have put huge importantce now on insuring they can monitor their players better.. I was chatting to a guy who was at a wedding lately, there was a Welsh rugby player at it who is basically chipped with a watch that can monitor his movements drink intake and so on!

Won't matter much once the Russians start a war :P

Explain how judging these fools on their behaviour is a witch hunt?

Milltown Row2

Given the statements from Olding and PJ would they have been given a pay off?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2018, 07:30:58 PM

No doubt there would have to have been a financial agreement to terminate the contracts because:

1. There was no contractual clause about behaviour otherwise Gilroy would also be gone

2. Two other IRFU centrally contracted players were known by the public to have indulged in similar sexual behaviour but no action was taken against them so Jackson and Olding had precedent on their side in negotiations.

3. Jackson and Olding had to be sacrificed by IRFU and Ulster to save sponsorship deals and quieten public dissent even if it is from a tiny but vocal minority. Be certain that deals have already been put in place for both players to get new deals at clubs outside Ireland that will be revealed at a suitable time on the PR front.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 14, 2018, 07:54:21 PM

No doubt there would have to have been a financial agreement to terminate the contracts because:

1. There was no contractual clause about behaviour otherwise Gilroy would also be gone

2. Two other IRFU centrally contracted players were known by the public to have indulged in similar sexual behaviour but no action was taken against them so Jackson and Olding had precedent on their side in negotiations.

3. Jackson and Olding had to be sacrificed by IRFU and Ulster to save sponsorship deals and quieten public dissent even if it is from a tiny but vocal minority. Be certain that deals have already been put in place for both players to get new deals at clubs outside Ireland that will be revealed at a suitable time on the PR front.

Just on point 2, Murray and Zebo were both disciplined over that, it just wasn't all over the papers. Murray was very contrite and rang both Joe Schmidt and the IRFU President to apologise, Zebo didn't.
#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 14, 2018, 08:35:58 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 14, 2018, 07:54:21 PM

Just on point 2, Murray and Zebo were both disciplined over that, it just wasn't all over the papers. Murray was very contrite and rang both Joe Schmidt and the IRFU President to apologise, Zebo didn't.
Murray would have been a greater loss in fairness

brokencrossbar1

At this stage it is a pure PR thing. The 2 lads will have about 2/3 of their remaining contracts paid up and they will go and get clubs in England or France. The whole thing is done, dusted and a line drawn under it now. Time to move on I reckon boys and girls.

Dinny Breen

I agree it's a circular debate. Just close the thread.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 14, 2018, 08:40:57 PM
At this stage it is a pure PR thing. The 2 lads will have about 2/3 of their remaining contracts paid up and they will go and get clubs in England or France. The whole thing is done, dusted and a line drawn under it now. Time to move on I reckon boys and girls.

Until rape is successfully prosecuted to a meaningful degree and the culture of apologists that shield those who commit the crime fades away this will never go away. This was always much bigger than two rugby players and a teenage woman.

You and others here dearly wish that this mess could be brushed under the carpet but it will not be and it will continue to come to the forefront of public perception with regularity until laws change, or the interpretation of them change.

This is a flashpoint for a much greater issue and it seems like only one side of the 'argument' (there really isn't one, the facts surrounding rape say everything you need to know) are willing to own up to.

Owen Brannigan

+1

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2018, 08:52:04 PM

Until rape is successfully prosecuted to a meaningful degree and the culture of apologists that shield those who commit the crime fades away this will never go away. This was always much bigger than two rugby players and a teenage woman.

You and others here dearly wish that this mess can be brushed under the carpet but it will not and it will continue to come to the forefront of public perception with regularity until laws change, or the interpretation of them change.

You're an awful dose of shite. Who are you to sit there and tell me I want it 'brush it under the carpet'?  I have already stated that I think there could be changes made to make it easier for the complainant but the reality is that it's not the legal system that is the problem
but a society problem. You seem to think you're some
paragon of virtue but you're not....no more than me or MR2 or anyone else. You've jumped in a crusade on this issue but what have you done to change the system that you are so critical of? Sweet FA I'd say. I'll tell you this though, unlike you I have taken action in the past and been involved in numerous JRs which have helped change certain things in the administration of justice in NI. I've sat with people whose lives have been devastated by miscarriages of justice and actually done something about it? What have you done apart from been a self aggrandising arsehole on a website? Like I said sweet FA no doubt. When you've done something then you can talk to me, till then keep your judgement ta to yourself.

Ambrose

Syferus, I assume you haven't viewed the Dara Florence video doing the rounds then? Yet.....
You can't live off history and tradition forever

seafoid

I wouldn't be surprised if this case led to changes in how rape cases are tried in court . It's more than just dumb bitches protesting pointlessly. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU