Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 11, 2018, 04:40:16 PM
Could the semen have ended up there from him earlier having ejaculated inside her when she'd gotten dressed? You'd imagine it would also have been found on her underwear though.

I'm against evidence being withheld from the jury. It doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't let them decide how relevant it is but I'd be interested to hear David's or bcb's take.

I think the charge was withdrawn a lot earlier than the "evidence" being withheld.

seafoid

The whole thing remains a clusterfuck. The trial didn't clear anything up.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

Quote from: Hound on April 11, 2018, 04:30:58 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 11, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 11, 2018, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: moysider on April 11, 2018, 01:31:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2018, 10:38:54 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 10, 2018, 10:35:11 PM
I remember it happened to OJ Simpson as well. He got cleared and was vilified and ostracised afterwards...

Double murder and a threesome? Are you for real?

What's the differnce? Both trials conducted on their own merits. OJ walked and the Jackson trio walked. No consistency thinking that OJ got away with murder and Jackson and co. didn't get away with rape. You might think that a  gang- bang on an 19 yr old girl is not a big deal- but this girl obviously was not a willing participant. Does a girl have to be killed or badly beaten before there is a conviction? It appears like there is no point police or procecution bothering with a case otherwise.

Utter nonsense moy.

It wasn't obvious to Dara Florence. And, more importantly, it wasn't obvious to the 11 jurors who actually listened to all the evidence presented.

But it's obvious to you! 

Based on what? The word of someone who falsely accused Olding of vaginal rape, before changing her mind?

Falsely accused or couldn't prove?

Stuart Olding's lawyer, Frank O'Donoghue QC, was successful in having the forensic evidence regarding his client somewhat played down. Samples of Mr Olding's semen were found by forensic scientists on the crotch area of the young woman's white jeans.

A charge of vaginal rape against Mr Olding was dropped before Christmas and he was charged, and subsequently acquitted, of one count of oral rape. Mr O'Donoghue argued that if the jury was told where the semen had been found on the woman's jeans, it might create an "unfair suspicion" in the minds of jurors

Maybe I am taking you up wrong, but you seem to be suggesting that he may have ejaculated through vaginal sex with semen being found on the crotch area of the woman's jeans?
So are you saying she lied about the BJ, or that he ejaculated twice? Which was first?

Your implication doesn't come anywhere near to adding up.

As agreed by all parties, the crotch area of her jeans wasn't at her crotch area when Olding entered the room. Splatters could have gone anywhere when he ejaculated. He aimed for his stomach but difficult to get it all there! And even as he's getting up it's inevitable that splatters will go in various places.

Olding's story when he first told the police and when he gave evidence to the court was pretty much exactly the same. He was the most consistent of all the parties. She changed her story to tie in to something very close to Olding's story, bar the consent. Her initial story was a lot different.

You sound like an expert on the qualities of jism splashing there Hound ;)

AQMP

I think it's quite clear where the additional blood on Jackson's sheets came from.

Asal Mor

Quote from: AQMP on April 11, 2018, 04:57:42 PM
I think it's quite clear where the additional blood on Jackson's sheets came from.
Rugby injury presumably.

AQMP

Kelly and O'Donoghue both tried to have the jury discharged late in the trial.  For several grand a day they're not very good at reading juries, are they? :o

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on April 11, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

It made it pretty obvious that the likes of Asal Mor and Hound get a perverse enjoyment talking about the female reproductive system.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on April 11, 2018, 04:57:42 PM

Really?  Quite clearly stated that it wasn't the complainants so it could have been Paddy Jackson's, or Stuart Oldings as he said he slept in the bed regularly.  Could have been any number of reasons. It wasn't the complainants so not relevant. 

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2018, 05:18:11 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 11, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

It made it pretty obvious that the likes of Asal Mor and Hound get a perverse enjoyment talking about the female reproductive system.
;D  ;D  :D I'll say it again Syf, you are truly a comic genius...... "the female reproductive system" - how do ya come up with them.

Taylor

Careful Asal, Syf is an expert on the female reproductive system.....just like he has been on every other aspect of this trial

AZOffaly

Theres a very easy joke there, but I'll be the bigger man.

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 11, 2018, 06:32:41 PM
Thanks. Is that what they call a Freudian slip?  :-[

seafoid

The word for the worst type of person is the word for where the babies come from. It has to be a patriarchy.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on April 11, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
The word for the worst type of person is the word for where the babies come from. It has to be a patriarchy.

p***k? Bollocks? Dick? Knob?

I don't think insults are gender constrained.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2018, 06:28:13 PM
Careful Asal, Syf is an expert on the female reproductive system.....just like he has been on every other aspect of this trial
A lot of anger about this inadmissible evidence from the #ibelieveher movement, of which I am an avid follower. No specific criticism of the judge (who is the lucky owner of a female reproductive system - Syf is right as usual, I can't help myself)that I've seen though. If the judge was a man I feel he might have gotten a personal mention or two. Just maybe like.