Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on April 10, 2018, 11:42:20 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 10, 2018, 11:19:43 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 11:11:12 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2018, 11:01:29 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 10:53:11 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 10, 2018, 10:50:25 AM
This would indicate to me that both players are seeking to get back playing for Ulster and have no intention to move to another club. I think that Ulster rugby and the IRFU would prefer not to have to make this decision but there will likely be another fall out whatever the decision is since the players seem intent on staying put.

I think you are giving too much weight to how many fûcks the IRFU give. They will get rid of them even if they have to pay them something to void the last year of their contracts. They are not coming back. It is as simple as that and some would do well to remember that.

And you're great at predicting things! The boards Mystic Meg

I did predict the verdict and the course of the entire trial from square one so you really whiffed on that response, just like your last as it happens.

:-\

Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2018, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2018, 04:48:11 PM
Holy f**k this is looking very very bad for the two lads. . . If proven guilty they shouldn't be playing for Ulster or Ireland again!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/it-was-like-a-merrygoround-at-a-carnival-ireland-rugby-stars-accused-of-rape-boasted-about-sex-on-whatsapp-36547048.html?utm_content=bufferf14da&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Those defending them last year will be very quiet today. All the high-priced lawyers in the world won't save these scumbags.
;D Hilarious. To be fair to Syf he is easily the most entertaining poster on this board.

It's like David Walsh telling us how he exposed Team Sky.

In Asal Mor's mind this has worked out well for Paddy Jackson, a situation where there are protests against him and widespread belief that he is a rapist. He will be fired by the IRFU and will have to flee the country. As I have always said, the odds are stacked against rape victims getting convictions but dirt sticks, thankfully in this case.

You are nothing if not consistent in your odiousness.

Milltown Row2

Gloating over someone losing his job, name damaged over having sex with a girl and telling his mates about it, I dont think there is a poster on here who's had sex with on a one night fling and not told anyone

hmmm? me thinks your are a strange person
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 12:05:25 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on April 10, 2018, 11:42:20 AM
This would indicate to me that both players are seeking to get back playing for Ulster and have no intention to move to another club. I think that Ulster rugby and the IRFU would prefer not to have to make this decision but there will likely be another fall out whatever the decision is since the players seem intent on staying put.

I think you are giving too much weight to how many fûcks the IRFU give. They will get rid of them even if they have to pay them something to void the last year of their contracts. They are not coming back. It is as simple as that and some would do well to remember that.

I did predict the verdict and the course of the entire trial from square one so you really whiffed on that response, just like your last as it happens.

Holy f**k this is looking very very bad for the two lads. . . If proven guilty they shouldn't be playing for Ulster or Ireland again!!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/it-was-like-a-merrygoround-at-a-carnival-ireland-rugby-stars-accused-of-rape-boasted-about-sex-on-whatsapp-36547048.html?utm_content=bufferf14da&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Those defending them last year will be very quiet today. All the high-priced lawyers in the world won't save these scumbags.
;D Hilarious. To be fair to Syf he is easily the most entertaining poster on this board.

It's like David Walsh telling us how he exposed Team Sky.

In Asal Mor's mind this has worked out well for Paddy Jackson, a situation where there are protests against him and widespread belief that he is a rapist. He will be fired by the IRFU and will have to flee the country. As I have always said, the odds are stacked against rape victims getting convictions but dirt sticks, thankfully in this case.

You are nothing if not consistent in your odiousness.
;D Odiousness - I love it.

Far be it from me to question the accuracy of your renowned mind reading skills, but I wasn't aware that I thought that until you told me.

I am disappointed PJ apologised though. It was self-serving and disingenuous and it just fuels these online lynch mobs when you bow down to them. I liked his "I'll sue everyone" stance. It was always going to backfire and have a Streisand effect but at least it was honest. It would have been hilarious and infinitely more admirable if he'd gone full on Andy Kauffman and riled the feminists at every turn. I think the best way to diffuse the imagined power of these mobs would be to give them the two fingers and laugh in their faces.

Imo the kind of people who sign online petitions to stop a man getting on with his life, when for all they know he hasn't raped anyone deserve nothing more than contempt anyway.

David McKeown

I'm glad we finally have a suggestion as to what can be changed with the system. Too often muck and mistruths have been thrown at the system. If we can start from the correct position and then find a way to improve it then that that's to everyone's benefit.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

brokencrossbar1

I don't agree with the notion of pre-recorded evidence. I believe that the evidence should be heard in the presence of the jury but I do believe that it would possibly be an idea that it be done in camera with reporting restrictions on it till after the trial.

Farrandeelin

Very good.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Franko

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Taylor

;D ;D

He is at least consistent in his knowledge of absolutely f**king nothing

Lar Naparka

Quote from: JimStynes on April 10, 2018, 09:00:49 AM
How do you lads be bothered?
For the craic, Jim.  ;D ;D
The weather is too lousy to stir out and the championships are still weeks away so what else can a body do?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 10, 2018, 01:09:22 PM
I don't agree with the notion of pre-recorded evidence. I believe that the evidence should be heard in the presence of the jury but I do believe that it would possibly be an idea that it be done in camera with reporting restrictions on it till after the trial.

Correct.  A hearing in camera with the legal teams, defendants and jury present with each witness and the defendant given the option to give evidence by video link if necessary is the minimum standard.  The IP must be willing to give his/her evidence in court but not public. Reporting restrictions are also a necessity and only lifted in exceptional circumstances.  Video recording of initial interviews would be a big step forward and, as shown in this case, properly experienced medical examiners.

DuffleKing

In how many areas of our society would we tolerate anyone who refuted, defended and was found not guilty by a jury of their peers for any defence to be attacked and vilified irrespective of the result of

Beyond legislating that all accusers are to be believed carte blanche the legal system rightly places the burden of proof on the prosecution. It's that simple.

This is madness and should not be tolerated.

longballin

I remember it happened to OJ Simpson as well. He got cleared and was vilified and ostracised afterwards...

Minder

Quote from: longballin on April 10, 2018, 10:35:11 PM
I remember it happened to OJ Simpson as well. He got cleared and was vilified and ostracised afterwards...

It was fairly obvious the Juice did it though, watched that ESPN OJ documentary a couple of years ago and a few of the black jurors basically said they were gonna find him not guilty regardless of the evidence, as a kind of payback for the Rodney King beating.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"