Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2010, 08:34:30 AM
Back to the running again - have this app for the phone and the blade on it talks to you regarding pace, time, distance and all that. However, you need earphones to hear her and any earphones I use seem to just fall out. I mightn't have any earlobes. Can anyone recommend earphones for running?
Think this very topic was covered in The Sunday Times In Gear supplement 2 days ago.

ONeill

Good stuff - have that somewhere.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lurganblue

Started training for the Dublin marathon a couple of months ago and had the same problem. I eventually got a good set of earphones from hmv. They're made by skullcandy and loop over your ear. They don't move a bit.

What app did you get?

ONeill

Orior

The running shop in belfast has earphones that hang over the ears. I use them for cycling.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

wanderer

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo4Sam

moysider, were u involved in the ballina tri organization?
Brutal day for it, it was torrential during the cycle
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Galwaybhoy

Used to do a bit of running and swimming to keep myself fit but then started Tag Rugby which put an end to that.  As thats ending soon I'll be taking it up again.  Theres an 8k run in Galway next month and I have never took part in any sort of run so I'm thinking of doing that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2010, 08:43:36 AM
Good stuff - have that somewhere.
In case you lost it I hoked it out.

Best buy were Sony MDR-AS50G (£26) - says they are very good but fragile so aren't to be bucked into a kitbag, you'll need to keep them in their case.

Joint second are 1. Adidas Sennheiser PMX 680 Sports (£45) -  despite some problems these remain the choice for a long, wet winter of marathon training. Problems are foam covers on the ear pads which won't last and the fact that the pads are slightly big.

2. Philips SHS8100/10 (£25) which has best sound quality and noise insulation of those on test. Let down by lack of clothing cable clip and no divide to allow option of shorter link to biceps belt.

ONeill

Thanks for that - the young lad had torn it to shreds.

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 13, 2010, 10:16:56 PM
moysider, were u involved in the ballina tri organization?
Brutal day for it, it was torrential during the cycle

No, I was n't. Bad day for it alright. Unfortunately my swimming isn't up to taking part either. Might work on that because I d love to do it. Sounds like you were in it?

EagleLord

I love to run round the roads, I find it a great stress reliever, but I also just enjoy it anyway. Hard to beat a nice day, plug in the ipod and away on ye go. I often like to just not know where I'm going, I just keep running and taking whatever road I see, did that one day and checked the clock when I came back in, was away for about an hour and 45. Watched 'Without Limits' yesterday too btw, great film if any of you havent seen it before.

Mario

Does anyone else get a sore lower back when they run on the roads, I also used to get a pain around my knees but the running shoes have sorted that out. I don't know what it is, i never get it running on grass. Often it stops me running as far as I would like too.

wanderer

Quote from: Mario on July 14, 2010, 09:22:56 AM
Does anyone else get a sore lower back when they run on the roads, I also used to get a pain around my knees but the running shoes have sorted that out. I don't know what it is, i never get it running on grass. Often it stops me running as far as I would like too.

It may sound basic, but it might be your running stance. If you run slightly leaning forward with your forearms more than 90 degrees from your upperarms it might ease off. I had the same sequence of niggles that you describe an thats what works for me