The how do you fix.......... thread

Started by Milltown Row2, March 07, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

How do you fix an alarm?

Friend of mine alarm went off when the electric went out in the area last week, came home and the alarm was going off, she never used it before and didn't have the code for it (It's in an apartment complex) I think eventually she unscrewed it or whatever to make it stop.

Was wondering is there a way of resetting it and putting in a new code so she can use it?

I imagine it's connected to the mains and that's why it went off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

On the assumption that the alarm is maintained,contact the maintenance contractor,who will talk her through the menu over the phone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on March 07, 2014, 11:44:07 AM
On the assumption that the alarm is maintained,contact the maintenance contractor,who will talk her through the menu over the phone.

Aye, providing she hasn't whacked it off the wall!! Cheers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

There is a default engineers code for every alarm.
I'm not telling you what it is though!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

I could google, but this is more fun.

I've an upstairs water tap that was recently connected to the mains. When it is turned on it makes one helluva noise. The only way I found to reduce the noise was to reduce the mains pressure.

Anyone any other ideas? Are there taps that address this?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

Quote from: Orior on March 07, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

I've an upstairs water tap that was recently connected to the mains. When it is turned on it makes one helluva noise. The only way I found to reduce the noise was to reduce the mains pressure.

Earplugs..? ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

Earplugs..? ;)

I tried those, but the water washed them away immediately.

lawnseed

Quote from: Orior on March 07, 2014, 05:39:08 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 07, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

Earplugs..? ;)

I tried those, but the water washed them away immediately.
Sandbags ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

The Iceman

Is the tap making the noise or the pipe carrying the water vibrating from the pressure?
If its the pipe then you can stabilize the pipe but that'll be a lot of work if its not hand y got at? I'd turn down the pressure....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

Is this a euphemism for something else ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on March 07, 2014, 07:07:57 PM

Is this a euphemism for something else ?

Ha ha! Come to think of it, yes!

Tony Baloney

A pressure reducing valve can reduce the pressure locally to the sink and allow you to maintain the pressure to the rest of the system if required.