Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: rrhf on August 23, 2018, 03:03:22 PM
I would do a much bigger deal with sky or ppv increasing potential access and revenue give tg4 the magazine programmes clubs and ladies as a product and
Let them develop that.. there could be a strong arguement made that tg4 could cover delayed games in Irish commentary and that mightn't annoy sky too much as well. With more money I would reduce ticket prices to those who go to games so attendances will increase and if they want only give rte the banquet, up for the match and the Marty squad and the odd late late tribute show to the gaa on the consortium that pat kenny hosts it.let's Move on. Get a proper platform of magazine coverage through sky but for sky to flourish rte probably need to be cut out.

What the utter fcuk? Answer me one question, have you historically had a Sky subscription?

Jinxy

I would do a much bigger deal with sky or ppv increasing potential access and revenue give tg4 the magazine programmes clubs and ladies as a product and
Let them develop that.. there could be a strong arguement made that tg4 could cover delayed games in Irish commentary and that mightn't annoy sky too much as well. With more money I would reduce ticket prices to those who go to games so attendances will increase and if they want only give rte the banquet, up for the match and the Marty squad and the odd late late tribute show to the gaa on the consortium that pat kenny hosts it.let's Move on. Get a proper platform of magazine coverage through sky but for sky to flourish rte probably need to be cut out.

It's a bit early in the day to be drinking...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Don't be ridiculous. You should apply for a job in Croke Park.

skeog

Sky is a British consortium bit strange it has gael support.

lenny

Quote from: skeog on August 23, 2018, 04:37:07 PM

Owned by murdoch. No right minded working class catholic/nationalist should be giving that man a penny. Shame on the tyrone supporters here calling for more games on sky.

Jayop

What a miracle dickhead. "Tyrone supporters" Pathetic.

seafoid

« Everybody hates us and wants to shaft us » is a group psychology model used in politics and sometimes in sport. The Turkish leader Erdogan is a master at convincing his rural voters that Turkish secularists and the Americans have it in for them. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean the bastards wouldn't do it. 
Fox does it in the US to red state voters.
The model needs a martyr as well.
I don't think the people of Tyrone are any different to the people of any other county (bar maybe Kildare.) When Mickey goes so will
« Everybody hates us and wants to shaft us ». Most people couldn't care less about counties other than their own.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on August 23, 2018, 07:24:26 PM
« Everybody hates us and wants to shaft us » is a group psychology model used in politics and sometimes in sport. The Turkish leader Erdogan is a master at convincing his rural voters that Turkish secularists and the Americans have it in for them. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean the b**tards wouldn't do it. 
Fox does it in the US to red state voters.
The model needs a martyr as well.
I don't think the people of Tyrone are any different to the people of any other county (bar maybe Kildare.) When Mickey goes so will
« Everybody hates us and wants to shaft us ». Most people couldn't care less about counties other than their own.

Your making this up yourself.
What Tyrone posters have said that Everybody hates us? The thread is about RTE treatment of Mickey Harte... and its poor.
You and a few other posters keep taking about paranoia when the subject is discussed, yous are the ones with a warped perception of reality

red hander

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2018, 03:06:28 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2018, 06:47:31 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/comment-rte-statement-is-designed-to-inflict-maximum-damage-on-tyrone-ahead-of-all-ireland-final-37239439.html

That journo cannot have wrote that seriously, right? It reads like something from Waterford Whispers.

Cringy stuff.

Careful lads, the southerners are teaming up to get the nordies..

Makes a change from yis deserting us in 1921  >:(

Maiden1

I just listening to the Tyrone sketch again and I am not 100% sure if it was mean't to be any more than a dig at Harte for getting involved in the Brian Carthy dispute.  The sketch itself seemed half rehearsed.

Could the writers have came in that morning looking for something topical for the 9am show and been told to put something together taking the p1ss out of Mickey for his letter putting conditions on RTE before he would speak to them.

Play a feature on Tyrones tourist attractions (it'll be short)
Song (Pretty little girl from Omagh)

The script writers would probably have been sitting round a table at 8am trying to think of a song related to Tyrone and someone said 'Pretty little girl from Omagh?' and without anyone engaging there brain properly said yeah that will do.  It was obviously incredibly insensitive but I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was more stupid than sinister.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

rrhf

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2018, 06:52:02 PM

Owned by murdoch. No right minded working class catholic/nationalist should be giving that man a penny. Shame on the tyrone supporters here calling for more games on sky.
None of my business but it Sounds like you boycott them...

Aaron Boone

Quote from: red hander on August 23, 2018, 07:46:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2018, 03:06:28 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 22, 2018, 06:47:31 PM
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/comment-rte-statement-is-designed-to-inflict-maximum-damage-on-tyrone-ahead-of-all-ireland-final-37239439.html

That journo cannot have wrote that seriously, right? It reads like something from Waterford Whispers.

Cringy stuff.

Careful lads, the southerners are teaming up to get the nordies..

Makes a change from yis deserting us in 1921  >:(

I thought Declan put it well when he said it's RTE reignited the fire themselves. Why email the press release at 9am Monday clashing with Tyrone's media day to which RTE  were invited.

Wonder what John Murray thinks of it all now. That daily show was axed in July 2015.

lenny

Quote from: rrhf on August 23, 2018, 08:41:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2018, 06:52:02 PM

None of my business but it Sounds like you boycott them...

I have never given a penny to murdoch either to sky or his newspapers. Any person with working class values should resent giving any money to him or his empire.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 23, 2018, 08:21:10 PM
I just listening to the Tyrone sketch again and I am not 100% sure if it was mean't to be any more than a dig at Harte for getting involved in the Brian Carthy dispute.  The sketch itself seemed half rehearsed.

Could the writers have came in that morning looking for something topical for the 9am show and been told to put something together taking the p1ss out of Mickey for his letter putting conditions on RTE before he would speak to them.

The script writers would probably have been sitting round a table at 8am trying to think of a song related to Tyrone and someone said 'Pretty little girl from Omagh?' and without anyone engaging there brain properly said yeah that will do.  It was obviously incredibly insensitive but I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was more stupid than sinister.

Thats fine, most people agree (and it seems Mickey did too) but what about the Dali Lama reference...?

Maiden1

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 23, 2018, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on August 23, 2018, 08:21:10 PM

Thats fine, most people agree (and it seems Mickey did too) but what about the Dali Lama reference...?
Similar.  Taking the p1ss out of Mickey for being a 'Holy Joe' without thinking through why Mickey felt the need to see the Dali Lama.
There are no proofs, only opinions.