Hatton v Mayweather December 8th

Started by The Claw, November 30, 2007, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM
Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting

Aye seen it. Different one on every week isnt their, i have seen two different ones so far. Hatton is so down to earth, seems like a real nice fella. Mayweather seems to be surrounded by hangers on, seems lonely and doesnt have any real friends. Had to laugh at him boasting about how rich he is though saying about having $300,000 around his neck, $250,000 around his wrest and $200,000 on his pinky. so cocky its unreal

TORGAEL

Cant wait for this fight. Would love it if Hatton wins, but have my doubts. For Hatton to do it, i reckon he will have to rough Mayweather up a bit inside. dont let him fight the fight his way, or at his pace. If hatton can do this he certainly has a chance.

CiKe

Mayweather's hands are brittle and he has a history of hand trouble. He isn't powerful enough to stop Hatton unless it is on cuts but I don't know that Hatton is fast enough to catch him nor is he big enough to bully him - De La hoya must have weighted 10-12lbs heavier than Mayweather come fight time and couldn't move him, so Hatton who struggled badly (and for my money lost) against Collazo when he stepped up to welterweight the last time, won't be ablet to hurt him either.

Regarding the comment about comparisons to Ali, it's not all that fanciful - I said on the other thread that if he wins this and beats Cotto afterwards then he is the best fighter since Ali at any weight. Only other contender for that I think is Duran.

Cotto is a big if however, as I was surprised at him beating Mosley who is faster and more powerful than Mayweather (although not as light on his feet). Forget De la Hoya Hatton, Cotto v Hatton would be incredible. Only problem is DLH =$$$

Verdict? Hatton will make him work but Mayweather is just too good - UD by three clear rounds.

Regarding being on TV, the DLH vs Mayweather was on Sky at 8am on the Saturday morning, I don't imagine this is any different. Ok it aint live but that fight was the biggest PPV ever and if I had had the energy I think it was on live over here with no need to pay.

guy crouchback

This might be a daft question but does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (pub-club wise) that might be showing this fight.

gerry

QuoteAny chance you could get an online stream to it?[

url]http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=3131&part=sports[/url]

Watch most sport online using this.  Thats kid power for you, hugging the SKY tv.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteThis might be a daft question but does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin (pub-club wise) that might be showing this fight.

Anyone know the answer to this for Belfast?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tankie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 30, 2007, 02:23:49 PM
QuoteI don't have setanta Dinny maybe they are showing it i'm just getting it on sky box office

Yea from what I can see that looks like it, happy days....

So is this fight only on Sky Box office or do Setanta have it?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 12:27:24 AM
QuoteI don't have setanta Dinny maybe they are showing it i'm just getting it on sky box office

It's on Sky Box Office

Tankie

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 05, 2007, 12:33:09 AM

It's on Sky Box Office

Cheers I am gonna get it on Box Office but would have been handy if it was on setanta tho.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 12:36:11 AM

It's on Sky Box Office

Cheers I am gonna get it on Box Office but would have been handy if it was on setanta tho.

Why is Setanta better?  I havnt ordered anything on Setanta since the McBride/Tyson fight.

Tankie

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 05, 2007, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 12:36:11 AM

It's on Sky Box Office

Why is Setanta better?  I havnt ordered anything on Setanta since the McBride/Tyson fight.

well i have the setanta package so if it was free i would have taken it but if it came to a pay per view choice i would take sky as I have the HD Box so the fight in HD should be class.
Grand Slam Saturday!

nrico2006

Whats the craic with watching the repeats on sky the next day?  Are the repeats on Sky Box Office or will they be on Sky Sports 1 or 2?  In otherwords if you havent subscribed to the live event can you watch the repeat the next day?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

the Deel Rover

Quote from: heganboy on November 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM
Anyone else been watching the hbo show hatton, mayweather 24/7? Really interesting

Ye its a good show any one see Mayweathers 3 year old son ducking and diving bobbing and weaving ,he looks like a natural allready i wonder what odds Loan shark would give on him been a future world champion some day?. Can't wait for the fight hope hatton does the business
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 05, 2007, 10:45:55 AM
Whats the craic with watching the repeats on sky the next day?  Are the repeats on Sky Box Office or will they be on Sky Sports 1 or 2?  In otherwords if you havent subscribed to the live event can you watch the repeat the next day?

I'd say it will be repeated on Sky Box Office a few times before it might be shown on Sky Sports.