The official GAABOARD Poker thread.

Started by Puckoon, November 20, 2007, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Well lads after two series of qualifiers I have qualified for the WSOP Satellite $580.00 in party poker. Prize pool is at $40,500 already with 36 entries. Top prize $13.5 package to the WSOP. 3 Packages guaranteed.

Bad news is that the game is on tomorrow so I have had to unregister as I've a god damn wedding tomorrow!! But It leaves me with a free roll for the next one.

Wish me luck!!

Rossie11

Best of luck sarsfields.
Puckoon you seem to know your stuff. Love watching good players on tv and live to pick up tips.
Remembering them in a game then is the tough bit!!

From your game above Puckoon
If that turn was a higher card than a 4 would you have bet in case someone had made trips was waiting the river for a higher 4 of a kind than yours?

Homer

Pop Quiz!

In Texas Hold'em, what's the worst possible nuts after the river has been dealt?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 08, 2008, 10:31:14 AM
Best of luck sarsfields.
Puckoon you seem to know your stuff. Love watching good players on tv and live to pick up tips.

If that turn was a higher card than a 4 would you have bet in case someone had made trips was waiting the river for a higher 4 of a kind than yours?

The chances of that happening against you be extremely unlikely!!  You'd be playing a very tight game if you saw that as a major risk. I'd agree with Rav, I would have betted on the turn just to try and build the pot. Even just the $50 - $100.

Rossie11

QuoteIn Texas Hold'em, what's the worst possible nuts after the river has been dealt?

Nor sure if I'm getting this right.
if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

Homer

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 08, 2008, 12:44:05 PM
QuoteIn Texas Hold'em, what's the worst possible nuts after the river has been dealt?

if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

Spot on Rossie!

Rossie11

Puckoon

Best of luck sarsfields.

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 08, 2008, 12:05:41 PM
Best of luck sarsfields.

The chances of that happening against you be extremely unlikely!!  You'd be playing a very tight game if you saw that as a major risk. I'd agree with Rav, I would have betted on the turn just to try and build the pot. Even just the $50 - $100.

At least two of the players in the pot were on draws to ace king, ace queen full houses or draws other than full house draws (inconceiveable that people can be so stupid i know). I could have bet the board on the turn, but the net profit wouldnt have differed that much. people are stupid. If i leave the turn, people put me on a free card too and so when i bet the 7 on the river - the ALL (thats the key word) put me on the 7 and so called. This wasnt a loose tourist table (except for one guy) so I wanted to make sure Igot value from eeveryone.

two players both told me they only called because of the small nature of my bet. One because of the pot odds and the other because he thought I was trying to steal it.

you can play it many ways - i was happy with it and wouldnt have bet the turn ever.

If some one had went runner runner for higher quads than me rossie - id have won 30% of a 130,000$ BAD BEAT JACKPOT - so i wasnt to worried! ;)

Puckoon

if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

I dont understand the question homer?

Rossie11

What is lowest value hand you can have and still have the nuts.
I picked cards where no straight could be formed and put you on pocket Qs

Was a good question Homer.. a few lads stumped here

Homer

Quote from: Puckoon on May 08, 2008, 03:06:47 PM

if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

Maybe it should read.... what is the lowest ranked nuts that it is possible for a player to have on the river?

So for Rossie's example a board of: 2s 4c 7h 9d Qs (Rossie did leave out the flush possibility  :P)

Gives a player holding Qh Qd the nuts

supersarsfields

Dink!!

Penny dropped. Wasn't understanding the question for a while there.

Was doing my head in.

Puckoon

Quote from: Homer on May 08, 2008, 03:17:44 PM

if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

Maybe it should read.... what is the lowest ranked nuts that it is possible for a player to have on the river?

So for Rossie's example a board of: 2s 4c 7h 9d Qs (Rossie did leave out the flush possibility  :P)

Maybe Im reading it wrong. Are you just asking in this particular 5 card scenario whats the lowest ranked nuts? Im thouroughly confused. The term "lowest ranked nuts" doesnt really make any sense to me. There is only one nuts in any given hand and in this hand its obvious that QQQ is the one and only nuts and therefore the highest ranked hand in the pot and the lowest ranked nothing!? :-\ ??? ??? ???

Rossie11

Those were my 5 cards Puckoon.
What is lowest nuts out of all 52.
There are a few variations am sure but Q is lowest you can have so someone cant make a straight.

Homer

Quote from: Puckoon on May 08, 2008, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: Homer on May 08, 2008, 03:17:44 PM

if cards are 2 4 7 9 Q
QQQ

Maybe Im reading it wrong. Are you just asking in this particular 5 card scenario whats the lowest ranked nuts? Im thouroughly confused. The term "lowest ranked nuts" doesnt really make any sense to me. There is only one nuts in any given hand and in this hand its obvious that QQQ is the one and only nuts and therefore the highest ranked hand in the pot and the lowest ranked nothing!? :-\ ??? ??? ???

Sorry I'm confusing you further...

I don't mean "lowest ranked nuts" in that particular hand I mean in any single game of holdem poker the "lowest ranked nuts" is trip' Queens.

e.g. you can never have a set of Jacks on the river and have the best possible hand