Kaka or Ronaldo? Especially for Slim

Started by High Catch, May 03, 2007, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on May 03, 2007, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 03, 2007, 04:35:48 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 03, 2007, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 03, 2007, 02:55:03 PM
Plus from what i am led to believe they voted at christmas as per Johhny Giles last night
And your point is?

What Billy Boots said
Who is best Premiership player over the whole of this season then?

Drogba

Jamie Carragher has been outstanding for Liverpool as well but because Ronaldo does all his fancy tricks and flicks he gets all the media coverage,Ronaldo is a prima donna who loves himself and is way too incosistent for me.He's great against Fulham etc but in two games against Milan he hardly touched the ball
He's a fancy Dan and nothing else in my opinion
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

Couldnt have said it better myself Laoislad, i may have gotten a few more expletives in though  ;)
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Redgreenery

I think Vidic has been really good for United and has settled well, up until his injury he done some great defending and this is hard to do in your first year!

Drogba has been outstanding once again for chelsea, Carragher would certaineatly be in with a chance, Scholes he's been a huge influence and has set up many a chance for United and with that I think Ronaldo on fairness has had a good season, second top scorer in the Premiership and he's a midfielder! He is a good player but I'd agree that on many a big occasion he has not showen what you'd think he's capable of from the games outside of the top 4 in the premiership!

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 03, 2007, 06:54:21 PM
Plus from what i am led to believe they voted at christmas as per Johhny Giles last night
And your point is?

What Billy Boots said

Drogba

Jamie Carragher has been outstanding for Liverpool as well but because Ronaldo does all his fancy tricks and flicks he gets all the media coverage,Ronaldo is a prima donna who loves himself and is way too incosistent for me.He's great against Fulham etc but in two games against Milan he hardly touched the ball
04/05/2007 06:49, Report by Ben HibbsRonaldo wins writers' awardCristiano Ronaldo has been voted Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association - adding the award to his PFA Player and Young Player of the Year accolades last month.

The Reds winger topped the journalists' poll ahead of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, while Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes were third and fourth in the voting.

It has been an incredible season for the 22-year-old winger, and the award is even more remarkable considering the reaction from the some fans and the press following England's exit at the hands of Portugal in the World Cup last summer.

Chairman of the FWA, Paul Hetherington said: "After the events of last summer at the World Cup, the vote of the Football Writers' Association shows that what we are all interested in is honouring the best player in the country."There has been no agendas carried over from last summer.

"This was a heavy poll of our members. Cristiano has been a runaway winner, and deservedly so. We also know we have a player who is absolutely delighted and honoured to receive this accolade."

Ronaldo will receive the trophy at the FWA Footballer of the Year dinner at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London on May 17.

;D ;D  But then you tossers would know better :-\ :-\ ;) ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: EC Unique on May 03, 2007, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 03, 2007, 02:29:56 PM
No it means the best players in the world are playing outside the Premiership.

You can only vote for whats in front of you, they werent voting for best player in the world  ;)
So by this he is better than any other player in Premiership including Liverpool players ?

According to his fellow players, and up until christmas, yes.

Not in my opinion though, but its not an exact science.

I'd prefer Scholes, less pomp and more end result
Ask me holy bollix

High Catch

In my opinion, Players of the season in England this year:

1/ Drogba
2/ Berbatov
3/ Scholes
4/ Carragher
5/ Ronaldo
6/ Essien
7/ Vidic
8/ McCarthy
9/ Gerrard
10/ Rooney

shotstopper1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 03, 2007, 06:54:21 PM
And your point is?

What Billy Boots said

Drogba

Is the premiership player of the year not for performances in the premiership alone? If so Ronaldo is as entitled to it as anyone, he's scored 16 goals from midfield and was also directly involved (gave the final pass) in 16 others, thats 32,over one third of MU's total  of 82.Some premiership teams haven't even scored that many.
By the way I'm no fan of MU nor am I Portugese.

The Real Laoislad

Quote04/05/2007 06:49, Report by Ben HibbsRonaldo wins writers' awardCristiano Ronaldo has been voted Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association - adding the award to his PFA Player and Young Player of the Year accolades last month.

The Reds winger topped the journalists' poll ahead of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, while Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes were third and fourth in the voting.

It has been an incredible season for the 22-year-old winger, and the award is even more remarkable considering the reaction from the some fans and the press following England's exit at the hands of Portugal in the World Cup last summer.

Chairman of the FWA, Paul Hetherington said: "After the events of last summer at the World Cup, the vote of the Football Writers' Association shows that what we are all interested in is honouring the best player in the country."There has been no agendas carried over from last summer.

"This was a heavy poll of our members. Cristiano has been a runaway winner, and deservedly so. We also know we have a player who is absolutely delighted and honoured to receive this accolade."

Ronaldo will receive the trophy at the FWA Footballer of the Year dinner at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London on May 17.

But then you tossers would know better   

Sure it must be true if he said it  ::)
As someone pointed out in some other thread the best don't always win eg Greece in Euro 2004 Liverpool 2005 etc
And in my most humble of opinions  Ronaldo is not the best player in the premiership this season but you can't seem to accept other people might have a different opinion to you,It's very easy jump on the Ronaldo band wagon like you have done and believe everything you hear/read about him but I and quite a number of posters here are entitled to form our own opinion of him and if you understood soccer enough you'd see past the flicks and the tricks and look to someone like Scholes or Carragher to see what a real professional is all about
I'll put it too you this way,Answer me this who would you rather have playing for United? Scholes or Ronaldo i know what my answer would be
You'll Never Walk Alone.

EC Unique

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 04, 2007, 04:02:53 PM
Quote04/05/2007 06:49,

Sure it must be true if he said it  ::)
As someone pointed out in some other thread the best don't always win eg Greece in Euro 2004 Liverpool 2005 etc
And in my most humble of opinions  Ronaldo is not the best player in the premiership this season but you can't seem to accept other people might have a different opinion to you,It's very easy jump on the Ronaldo band wagon like you have done and believe everything you hear/read about him but I and quite a number of posters here are entitled to form our own opinion of him and if you understood soccer enough you'd see past the flicks and the tricks and look to someone like Scholes or Carragher to see what a real professional is all about
I'll put it too you this way,Answer me this who would you rather have playing for United? Scholes or Ronaldo i know what my answer would be

He was full of flicks and tricks last year but was not effective. This year he has matured into a very effective goal machine. As was stated above he as a fine total of assists as well as goals. Please do not asume my understanding of soccar :-\. There is no doubt that Scholes is one of the all time greats for UTD but he is a totally different type of player to Ronaldo. To compare them is foolish. As for who I would rather have, taking thier age into account it would have to be Ronaldo. Goals win games and in that fact he is responsible more than any other player for Utd winning this years Premiership.

SuperSub

Quoteis responsible more than any other player for Utd winning this years Premiership.

Bit premature with the winning this years Premiership EC,While i agree it looks likely if United only draw tomorrow and Chelsea win,I fancy Chelsea to beat United so it will all come down to last day