US Open 2010,Pebble Beach

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

It works very well. That's the way we beat Mayo last year too.

Capt Pat

In golf you compete with the course not with other players. McDowell won the battle with the course, the rest of the field lost.

Puckoon

ESPN really were the height of c***ts last night in the post game reviews. In fairness the standard of golf was poor - but the course was beyond atrocious - worse than beth page by a mile.

McDowell put it best when he said that the onus was on the other players to take risky shots, and if the risks went bad, he knew they would drop shots trying to catch him.

In fairness, Johnson handed it to him on a plate in the first 3 holes, but he showed remarkable courage to hang in there and not blow up himself.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 05:00:49 PM

That's how everyone beats Mayo. They let us lose.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 05:10:28 PM
Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 05:00:49 PM

That's how everyone beats Mayo. They let us lose.

Come on the Larries!!!!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

FL/MAYO

ESPN are even making fun of McDowell's accent on Sportscenter this morning. He did very well, hung in there all weekend on a grueling course. Seems like a decent lad when interviewed.

Celt_Man

Well done G Mac... great win
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Puckoon

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 21, 2010, 05:22:39 PM
ESPN are even making fun of McDowell's accent on Sportscenter this morning. He did very well, hung in there all weekend on a grueling course. Seems like a decent lad when interviewed.

I was poking a little fun at it too, until I was told thats how I sound. :-\

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 21, 2010, 05:06:10 PM
In golf you compete with the course not with other players. McDowell won the battle with the course, the rest of the field lost.
I'd say he managed a draw Pat.  Fair play to him, now if Derry can lift Sam that'll be the US Open, Sam double in the bag ;)

muppet

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
I'd say he managed a draw Pat.  Fair play to him, now if Derry can lift Sam that'll be the US Open, Sam double in the bag ;)

Better chance of Paddy Bradley winning Wimbledon than that.
MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

Quote from: thebigfella on June 21, 2010, 02:37:25 PM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 21, 2010, 02:29:58 PM
Didn't get to see the golf last night, great performance by G Mac, on the scoreboards they were using the European Union flag for his nationality.

So what?

It was a great achievement and it should be left at that. Why do some people feel the next to detract from a person success by dragging up the old flag and national anthem sh1te over and over again.

so what yourself? your quick to jump on it, whose distracting from anyone achievement? it was a simple point.

i was delighted they used the eu flag btw....

well done g mac, hope its the first of many

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Puckoon on June 21, 2010, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 21, 2010, 05:22:39 PM

I was poking a little fun at it too, until I was told thats how I sound. :-\

Yes Puck I reckon we all sound like him at this stage except in my case you would have to change the Ulster twang for a west of Ireland one  ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 07:20:38 PM

apparently he's quitting the football to spend more time on the tennis

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 09:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 07:20:38 PM

apparently he's quitting the football to spend more time on the tennis

I'd say he'll create some racket it it too...

coats on, out the door!!!