Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2010, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 09:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 21, 2010, 05:06:10 PM
In golf you compete with the course not with other players. McDowell won the battle with the course, the rest of the field lost.
I'd say he managed a draw Pat.  Fair play to him, now if Derry can lift Sam that'll be the US Open, Sam double in the bag ;)

Better chance of Paddy Bradley winning Wimbledon than that.
apparently he's quitting the football to spend more time on the tennis

I'd say he'll create some racket it it too...

coats on, out the door!!!

If he does it will be his own fault.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

whiskeysteve

dont know about paddy but baker has described skinner as the best tennis player in Ulster.

As for the G-Mac i'll surely buy him a pint next time we hit Kellys.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Declan

Watched some of the repeat last night - Fair play to him. He held the head well but Lord that 14th hole was a joke

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 21, 2010, 11:43:54 PM
dont know about paddy but baker has described skinner as the best tennis player in Ulster.

that's only cos he ain't hitting the net much these days ;D ;D

saffron sam2

Quote from: Orior on June 21, 2010, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 21, 2010, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 09:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 21, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on June 21, 2010, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 21, 2010, 05:06:10 PM
In golf you compete with the course not with other players. McDowell won the battle with the course, the rest of the field lost.
I'd say he managed a draw Pat.  Fair play to him, now if Derry can lift Sam that'll be the US Open, Sam double in the bag ;)

Better chance of Paddy Bradley winning Wimbledon than that.
apparently he's quitting the football to spend more time on the tennis

I'd say he'll create some racket it it too...

coats on, out the door!!!

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Doogie Browser

Season Ticket did a great show on McDowell last night, followed him home from the US Open.  He came across as very down to earth, he had some banter with a French Callaway employee who questioned how he felt about beating Havret and G-Mac said it was in revenge for France cheating against Ireland in the World Cup!

mackers

Watched that myself Doogie, very good show. McDowell came across well, he couldn't wait to get back to Portrush which shows he hasn't forgot his roots and it was good to see past the accent. It also showed why players can take some time to get over winning a major as the demands on their time in the aftermath are huge.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Catch the high ball

Only seen the last 15 minutes, anybody know when its on again?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 30, 2010, 03:26:29 PM
Season Ticket did a great show on McDowell last night, followed him home from the US Open.  He came across as very down to earth, he had some banter with a French Callaway employee who questioned how he felt about beating Havret and G-Mac said it was in revenge for France cheating against Ireland in the World Cup!

thought it was a great show , i thought he lost the american twang the closer he got to portrush :D what did one of the other bag men write on the flag for a laugh knowing the mc dowell would be keeping i couldn't see it right
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Doogie Browser

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 30, 2010, 04:24:42 PM

thought it was a great show , i thought he lost the american twang the closer he got to portrush :D what did one of the other bag men write on the flag for a laugh knowing the mc dowell would be keeping i couldn't see it right
The other caddie is a West Ham fan and he put their initials (I think) on the flag as a laugh as McDowell and his caddy are ManU fans unfortunately.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 30, 2010, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 30, 2010, 04:24:42 PM

The other caddie is a West Ham fan and he put their initials (I think) on the flag as a laugh as McDowell and his caddy are ManU fans unfortunately.

i thought he wrote man u scum on it so maybe it was an in house joke between themselves
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

aontroim

Yep - think it did say ManU scum alright - fair dues to him writing it long before McDowell had wrapped up the win - someone else with a bit of faith!

Celt_Man

Aye only saw the last 15 mins of it too, was enjoyable - any idea when it is repeated?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

sammymaguire

now this guy seems like a true genuine gent a professional to admire, hard work and effort certainly paid off for him

hopefully more success to follow for graeme
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

stew

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 30, 2010, 08:17:30 PM
now this guy seems like a true genuine gent a professional to admire, hard work and effort certainly paid off for him

hopefully more success to follow for graeme

Well said, I was up at the club I am a member of and the people there were rooting for him, he does seem like a decent sort and it was brilliant to watch him win the greatest tournament of them all, certainly the hardest.

His days playing links golf in Portrush etc sttod him in great stead and I thought he showed remarkable composure given the circumstances.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.