US Open 2010,Pebble Beach

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Seems to be forgotten about with the World Cup on but I will be glued to this especially on Sunday evening

Lee Westwood has to win a major soon surely? He has come so close the last few times,maybe that win at the weekend will spur him on now that he has won in America again.

Don't think Harrington will come anywhere near it,might not even make the cut I reckon,hope I'm wrong but its hard to see him win it.

I'm gonna go with eachway bets of

Westwood @12/1
Phil Mick @ 8/1
Dustin Johnson @40/1
Paul Casey @40/1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

Cant wait to this, same with all the majors. Did westwood @ 12/1 and a top 10 finish for stenson @ 9/1.

Catch the high ball

The main reason I can't wait for it to start is to see the course and the views.

Did Mc'Ilroy to win as he knows how to play the links courses along with Mickelson.

Also done Tiger, just because he is Tiger.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Bogball XV

If you're backing Lee John in a major, I hope it's with betfair, because you better be ready to lay off if he goes in front.  He has shown time and again that he can't handle the pressure at the top, it's surprising, as so many inferior players have managed it, maybe he puts too much pressure on himself?
Anyway, I'm taking Tiger, Oosthuizen, Duval, Donald (I know he's a similar front runner to Lee John), maybe Quiros and O'Hair too.

The Real Laoislad

I usually just tell her she can move back to her parents for the weekend if she wants
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Geoff Tipps

Backed Geoff Ogilvy. Class player on his day and former winner although needs to make big improvement on recent form.

Tyrones own

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 15, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
Seems to be forgotten about with the World Cup on but I will be glued to this especially on Sunday evening

Lee Westwood has to win a major soon surely? He has come so close the last few times,maybe that win at the weekend will spur him on now that he has won in America again.

Don't think Harrington will come anywhere near it,might not even make the cut I reckon,hope I'm wrong but its hard to see him win it.

Westwood @12/1
Phil Mick @ 8/1
Dustin Johnson @40/1
Paul Casey @40/1

Hard to look past Johnson especially at that price...and he certainly knows how to win there!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

anportmorforjfc

See woods and westwood have been paired together for the first two days and so have harrington and mickelson.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 15, 2010, 10:48:51 PM

Westwood @12/1
Phil Mick @ 8/1
Dustin Johnson @40/1
Paul Casey @40/1

Hard to look past Johnson especially at that price...and he certainly knows how to win there!

Yeah he's probably worth a bet but wouldn't get too carried away with his back to back victories in the AT&T.
It's played over 3 courses(PB included) for the first 3 rounds and then the final round at PB. The first year he won it the last round was washed out so he only played 18 holes there.
Also with the way the GA will set it up it might not suit a big hitter like him.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 15, 2010, 10:48:51 PM

Westwood @12/1
Phil Mick @ 8/1
Dustin Johnson @40/1
Paul Casey @40/1

cold wet february conditions, nearly threw it away this year and won the year before because it was reduced 3 rounds (i think).  Very different to the hard and fast US Open conditions.  In saying that, he has form, but I think the price is a bit skimpy for someone whose done little or nought since pebble in feb.

heganboy

DJ -never going to happen!This year pebble has been set up to favour the wizard of the short game, unless the weather blows up a bit the americans should be in the chair. Phil if he has an on form week, fowler is worth an each way punt, maybe barnes. Tiger could get away with his horrible driving, but if the stories are to be believed he has a new lower angled driver and a new shaft on it too (so many jokes) if he is keeping it in play of the tees, he's going to be right up there. McIlroy an each way, don't think he has it in the tank yet, but of the young guns he's the one to watch. Westwood another good each way, Poulter could put a handy run together and Justin Rose has finally got a putter he trusts. Everybody's favourite Freddie Couples could put in a wee run or two and Tom Watson has one stunning round in him, as always a couple of "stories" will end up on the leaderboard but won't maintain the charge on Sunday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fowler, Woods, McIlroy, Westwood and Michelson make up the top 5. But sure isn't it golf, and anything can happen...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Bogball XV

I didn't see Fowler in the betting Heganboy or I'd be on him too, don't think he's qualified.

AFS

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 16, 2010, 01:31:14 PM
I didn't see Fowler in the betting Heganboy or I'd be on him too, don't think he's qualified.

He hasn't. Neither has another of heganboy's mentions, Justin Rose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Well-that-stinks-No-U-S-Open-for-Fowler-Rose?urn=golf,246527

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: heganboy on June 16, 2010, 03:41:39 AM
DJ -never going to happen!This year pebble has been set up to favour the wizard of the short game, unless the weather blows up a bit the americans should be in the chair. Phil if he has an on form week, fowler is worth an each way punt, maybe barnes. Tiger could get away with his horrible driving, but if the stories are to be believed he has a new lower angled driver and a new shaft on it too (so many jokes) if he is keeping it in play of the tees, he's going to be right up there. McIlroy an each way, don't think he has it in the tank yet, but of the young guns he's the one to watch. Westwood another good each way, Poulter could put a handy run together and Justin Rose has finally got a putter he trusts. Everybody's favourite Freddie Couples could put in a wee run or two and Tom Watson has one stunning round in him, as always a couple of "stories" will end up on the leaderboard but won't maintain the charge on Sunday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fowler, Woods, McIlroy, Westwood and Michelson make up the top 5. But sure isn't it golf, and anything can happen...

Feddy Couples hasn't qualified either. As for the yanks in the chair here, it's a course that will suit Europeans. Last time it was played here MAJ, Westwood, Harrington and Faldo finished in the top 7.

heganboy

the perils of writing late at night without fact checking, my apologies for poor form...
still think bad weather will help europeans...

And on re-read did i miss anyone- I think I may has well have tipped the entire field (and a load of golfers not in the field)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity