Kerry v Mayo - Super 8s Round 1

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 07, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

RedHand88

Mayo4Sam14

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 07, 2019, 11:19:43 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2019, 10:30:03 PM
Is this one really not televised?

Where did you hear that?

Not on RTÉ anyway. Was sure it was myself. Must be skyjacked again.  >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2019, 11:21:45 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 07, 2019, 11:19:43 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2019, 10:30:03 PM
Is this one really not televised?

Where did you hear that?

Not on RTÉ anyway. Was sure it was myself. Must be skyjacked again.  >:(

Strange I thought Sunday games are usually rte

Farrandeelin

Hurling quarter finals are. Kk v Cork, Tipp v Laois.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MayoBuck

It's on RTE 1 I think. Programme starts at 3:45.

Hurling on RTE 2.

moysider

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 07, 2019, 11:28:55 PM
It's on RTE 1 I think. Programme starts at 3:45.

Hurling on RTE 2.
Correct.

Cunny Funt

Tonight Sean Cavanagh and Malachy O'Rourke on the Sunday game tipped Mayo to win in Killarney and to join Donegal in the semi final. Pat Spillane couldn't bring himself to do likewise using if they were to win next Sunday but knows full well that Kerry are poor in defence,midfield and are a poor physical match for Mayo.

thewobbler

It's men against boys.

Oddly I don't know who to favour.

moysider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 07, 2019, 11:45:12 PM
Tonight Sean Cavanagh and Malachy O'Rourke on the Sunday game tipped Mayo to win in Killarney and to join Donegal in the semi final. Pat Spillane couldn't bring himself to do likewise using if they were to win next Sunday but knows full well that Kerry are poor in defence,midfield and are a poor physical match for Mayo.

I dunno. Mayo invite everybody to dance with them. Everybody knows that.

Like last few weeks they probably made Down and Armagh feel better than they have in years. Galway persisted in Limerick even when 8 points down because they knew they would get some sympathy. If they were 8 down to Tyrone. Dublin, Donegal or Kerry, they would have gone home for their tea.

Mayo would have given Clare and Laois the time of their lives as well. That's what we do. We would have let Cork have a run on us and they would have finished us.

Now we are in Super8s, anything can happen.
We've lost a few players and we've found a few. The 'miles on the clock' theory is bullshit of course.
It's about form now and making good decisions. At least Horan put out his most practical set up I remember in Limerick. If he did that v Roscommon this odyssey could have been avoided. On the other hand .........

We ve had a few forwards come along that if they were from some other counties that I wont mention, would be nadwek over. 

WhoDat

Mayo bullied Kerry in the league final. Physically, they seemed bigger, and stronger in the tackle. Not sure how Kerry will have improved on that front. Mayo totally controlled midfield that day too. Kerry will have David Moran back this time though, and Aidan O'Shea didn't look 100% to me against Galway, so could be a battle there. Barry is not a top level midfielder to my mind. Vaughan could contain him.

If Kerry can get the ball into Clifford often and cleanly though, I think he'll give that Mayo full back line a torrid time. Harrison struggled to hold him in the league final and could be a long afternoon for him if any sort of good ball goes into Clifford.

League final was a baptism of fire for young Sean O'Se. I expect he'll have learned from it.

Kerry have great forward options that could do serious damage, but defence is a shambles though. No natural defenders on that team. Wonder will Mayo introduce Andy Moran just to give Shane Enright a few flashbacks to 2017?

Based on recent meetings, I'd say Mayo to win. But this Mayo team are a peculiar bunch. As I said in the Galway v Mayo thread, they seem to enjoy chaos and don't seem satisfied unless they're involved in some kind of battle. So as always, it'll probably end up being a very close run thing. If they can contain Clifford and control the middle, I think Mayo will win. If David Moran lords it for Kerry in the middle and lets the ball into the forwards, Kerry FF line could run riot..

joemamas

Another "new" poster.
Shocker .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on July 08, 2019, 12:32:18 AM

Like last few weeks they probably made Down and Armagh feel better than they have in years. Galway persisted in Limerick even when 8 points down because they knew they would get some sympathy. If they were 8 down to Tyrone. Dublin, Donegal or Kerry, they would have gone home for their tea.

Mayo would have given Clare and Laois the time of their lives as well. That's what we do. We would have let Cork have a run on us and they would have finished us.

We've lost a few players and we've found a few. The 'miles on the clock' theory is bullshit of course.
It's about form now and making good decisions. At least Horan put out his most practical set up I remember in Limerick. If he did that v Roscommon this odyssey could have been avoided. On the other hand .........

We ve had a few forwards come along that if they were from some other counties that I wont mention, would be nadwek over.

Mayo have 3 wins in a row under their belts now, doesn't matter how they were achieved as winning them was the main thing and that will be the same down in Killarney next Sunday. Do you think anyone will care in the Mayo camp if they are leading that game by 10 points with 5 minutes to go and only win by 1 point?   

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 08, 2019, 01:13:52 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 08, 2019, 12:32:18 AM

Mayo have 3 wins in a row under their belts now, doesn't matter how they were achieved as winning them was the main thing and that will be the same down in Killarney next Sunday. Do you think anyone will care in the Mayo camp if they are leading that game by 10 points with 5 minutes to go and only win by 1 point?

They might do if it comes down to score difference