Laois Divisional Championship

Started by Don Draper, September 17, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

Anyone know who the management teams are and have a list of who was called in for trials?

SCFC

Is this still going ahead next Saturday?

O moore parklife

Ya 6 and 730 in omp was in last weekend's programme.
Imagine the boyz will advertise it this week

SCFC

Quote from: O moore parklife on October 09, 2018, 12:31:20 PM
Ya 6 and 730 in omp was in last weekend's programme.
Imagine the boyz will advertise it this week
Fairly big assumption to make that anyone will publicise it.
I haven't seen one mention of it on social media and it's not even listed in the fixtures list!

Heshs Umpire

A few lads I thought might be involved.

I'm sure there's lots of different reasons why they're not.

Jason Maher (Kilcavan)

Andrew Baldwin (Barrowhouse)

James Baldwin (Barrowhouse)

Paddy Hyland (Clonaslee)

Jamie Parr (Graigue) – not sure what age Jamie is

David Aston (Killeshin)

Sean Tynan (Park Ratheniska)

Colin Slevin (Port)

Adam Ryan (Port)

Aidan Brennan (Josephs)

Daithi Carroll (Heath)

Ciaran Booth (Heath)

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on October 04, 2018, 07:31:48 AM
Anyone know who the management teams are and have a list of who was called in for trials?

From Leinster Express:

The full list of panels is as follows:

East Central
Management Team: Dan Nelligan, Greg Ramsbottom, Brendan Quigley

Squad
Stradbally: Colm Begley, Wayne Comerford (inj), Liam Knowles, Eoin Buggie, Jack Deegan, Jody Dillon, Tom Shiel.
Ballylinan: Gary Walsh, Conor Behan, Andy McEvoy, Kevin Byrne, James Farrell, Robbie Donoher (inj), Alan Farrell (inj), Seamus Lacey.
St Joseph's: Aaron Cooney, Dan Dunne (inj), Adam Campion, Donal Ramsbottom, James Kelly, Michael Keogh, Brian Daly.
Ballyroan Abbey: Aaron Carroll, Shaun Murphy, John Rogers, Diarmuid Whelan, Martin Scully, Conor Brennan.
Park-Ratheniska: Richie Hitchcock, Padraig Dunne.
Timahoe: Ruairi O'Connor, Damien O'Connor.

West Northwest
Management Team: Shane Conlon, Derek Conroy, Darren Rooney

Squad
Ballyfin: Davy Connolly, James Moore, Ben Conroy, Sean Moore.
Clonaslee St Manman's: Willie Young.
Rosenallis: Cathal C Fennell, Fiachra C Fennell, Ruaidhri C Fennell, Eoin Dunne.
Mountmellick: Colm Coss, Niall Mullen, Darren Fitzpatrick, Jason Caffrey, Gearoid Hanrahan, James Mullaney, Ryan Mullaney, Eoin Keogh, Eoin George, Brendan Reddin.
The Rock: Aaron Dowling, Conor Flynn, Anavil Storey.
The Harps: Ciaran Comerford, Daniel Comerford.
Camross: Robert Tyrell.
St Brigid's (Dublin): John O'Loughlin (inj)

South East
Management Team: Martin Gorman, John Kealy, Brian 'Beano' McDonald

Squad
Arles-Kilcruise: Kevin Meaney, Francis Egan, David Conway, Ross Munnelly, Michael Wall, Caomhan Brennan.
Crettyard: Evan O'Carroll, Sean O'Shea, Michael Nash, Cormac Murphy.
Killeshin: David McDermott, Shane Bolger, Eoin Lowry, Evan Lowry, Stephen Attride, Kevin Ryan.
Arles-Killeen: Paul Kingston, Donie Kingston, Sean O'Shea.
Graiguecullen: Mark Timmons, Danny Bolger, Martin Doyle, Luke Alsybury, Trevor Collins, Paul Mulready, Brian Byrne, Aaron Forbes, Danny O'Reilly.
Barrowhouse: Emmet Malone.

North East
Management Team: Paul Lawlor, John Scully, Frank Finn

Squad
The Heath: Robbie Dowling, Alan Whelan, Brian Ging, Evin Keane, James Phelan.
Emo: Nigel Murphy, Shane Murphy, Niall Gorman, Darren Strong, Liam Crowley, Padraig Kirwan, Finbarr Crowley, Evan Costello, Jack Owens.
Portarlington: Scott Osborne, Robbie Piggott, Colm Murphy, Diarmuid Bennett, Graham Weldon, Patrick O'Sullivan, Jordan Fitzpatrick, Ronan Coffey (inj), Sean Byrne.
Annanough: Killian Horgan, Elliot Scully.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laois Rising

Is Kevin Meaney looking to make a comeback to county fold next year? I see he is selected to play. Maybe he is just a passionate South East Laois man. Great to see the names that have committed to these squads. Should make for two good, competitive games Saturday night.

BallyroanAbbey

I have wondered would it be possibly to get sean george to committ to laois, doesnt seem to be featuring for dublin anymore

Dwayne Johnston

Sean George is living abroad as far as I know

BallyroanAbbey

that would be a good reason alright :-\

Don Draper

Any Rosenallis fella able to tell me what the deal is with the Fennells and the "C"? Seems odd.

Jd

Probably just a double barrelled  name such as Connaughton shortened for ease of pronunciation.  Or maybe they're  known as the C Fennells  cos their father is Charles or Cathal and there's  a other family  of Fennells  up the road so they use the c to differentiate 

Giovanni

I was hoping they might pick up a couple from Junior clubs in some of the non-traditional areas (the likes of Rathdowney, Ballinakill, Mountrath, Ballacolla) but anyway it's a very good exercise. Should be interesting.

merman

Quote from: Don Draper on October 10, 2018, 10:06:06 AM
Any Rosenallis fella able to tell me what the deal is with the Fennells and the "C"? Seems odd.

I believe their mother is a Culleton.
Culleton-Fennell was shortened when the lads went to primary school.