Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Great back story with Storm, thought he lost his tour card by €100 at the end of last season. To go from that to going head to head and ultimately beating Rory down the stretch in a tournament is fantastic..

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Boycey on January 15, 2017, 01:14:13 PM
Great back story with Storm, thought he lost his tour card by €100 at the end of last season. To go from that to going head to head and ultimately beating Rory down the stretch in a tournament is fantastic..

Was surprised he had the nerve to win, but credit to him for leading the tournament the whole way.
Rory didn't seem that focused, and maybe too relaxed?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on January 15, 2017, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 15, 2017, 01:11:42 PM
t**ser
I thought you liked Rors.....

I do. I'm just annoyed at him for losing a tournament he should have won, especially when he was one up on the 17th.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Frank_The_Tank

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Taylor

So Rory plays a round with Trump and all and sundry are giving out about it.

Normally have a lot of time for Ewan MacKenna but was talking complete nonsense on Last Word yesterday.

Surely to christ he can play a round with whoever he wants?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on February 21, 2017, 01:12:32 PM
So Rory plays a round with Trump and all and sundry are giving out about it.

Normally have a lot of time for Ewan MacKenna but was talking complete nonsense on Last Word yesterday.

Surely to christ he can play a round with whoever he wants?

Didn't hear Ewan MacKenna, but I'd imagine the problem is that it would be seen as an endorsement. It means nothing in the wider scheme of things, I don't give a shite who Rory McIlroy supports politically. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are supposedly fairly firm friends/supporters. But for people who do care about that sort of thing, it probably is disappointing to see someone like McIlroy implicitly endorsing Trump.

J70

And is anyone saying that he CAN'T play with whomever he wants?

But it's absolutely fair to ask him if his joining Trump in a round and providing Trump with that photo op is an endorsement of Trump's views, rhetoric and conduct.

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2017, 01:32:55 PM
And is anyone saying that he CAN'T play with whomever he wants?

But it's absolutely fair to ask him if his joining Trump in a round and providing Trump with that photo op is an endorsement of Trump's views, rhetoric and conduct.

You'd have to assume it is, on first glance at least. I don't think that Rory is so naive as to think it's 'just' a round of golf. Or maybe it's unfair to say it's an endorsement of his views, rhetoric and conduct, and more that it is an endorsement on him as office holder of the President of the US. Either way, unless Rory is very comfortable with that, I think it was a daft thing to do.

Taylor

It is more an opportunity for the trump bashers to come to the fore again.

Tiger played a round with him not long ago as well.

And so what if he supports Trump? He will go well with the other 60 odd million.

AZOffaly

Exactly. Who really cares?

But some people do, and that's why either he's a man of principle (Rory, not Donald) or else it was a very naive move.

ziggysego

Do I like Trump? No.

Do I care who Rory plays golf? No.

Rory played a game with Trump. So?

Trump's bad. Ok... again, so what if Rory played a game of golf with him?

Testing Accessibility

foxcommander

Will we see protests on the greens at future Golf events involving Rory?

"All putts matter"
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie