Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: WT4E on July 05, 2019, 01:59:12 PM
Omagh Gael went missing when the going got tough for the Lough and one of their young stars!

Ach aye sure you know what them townies are like, no substance..... nothing too them when their up agin it

TROUSERS

Another underage title for Ardbó last night.

Horse Devlin has made some job with the club and is doing the same with the county now too.

skeog

Sean talking some s.... today criticising a bit of banter.Colm didnt know the words just a couple of idiots according to him.Then he goes on a rant about kerry fans think he needs to chill out.

toby47

Always liked Cavanagh as a player. But really starting to think he's just a w*nker

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: toby47 on July 11, 2019, 01:15:16 PM
Always liked Cavanagh as a player. But really starting to think he's just a w*nker

It's always been the latter.

blewuporstuffed

I take it with the u20s win, the round of club fixtures on the 28th will be pulled also?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 15, 2019, 11:03:26 AM
I take it with the u20s win, the round of club fixtures on the 28th will be pulled also?
All Ireland U20 semi final is on that weekend, with the absence of starred games, it will be pulled.
Probably looking at a starred round that weekend of the 9-11th August.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 15, 2019, 11:31:57 AM
All Ireland U20 semi final is on that weekend, with the absence of starred games, it will be pulled.

I'd say that is even in doubt now, with the decent result v Roscommon if Tyrone beat Cork that'll leave them on 4 points, assuming the Rossies don't beat Dublin they'll be in the Semi Final with a win. Semi Finals are down for 10/11.

Walter White

It is becoming clear that Club football cannot co-exist with inter-county football in counties that regularly make the QF stage (especially through the back door).

A solution is to follow the Mayo approach (where county players hardly play club) and flip the Tyrone league as it currently stands. 10 games to be played without county players and 5 with (which I suppose we could define as "starred games" seeing as the county men are actually playing). To make up for the loss of county players, the rounds with county players could play would count for double points (4pts for a win; 2 for a draw), therefore giving county players the chance to help their teams gain 20pts, whilst leaving their teammates to collect the rest whilst the county season continues.

This approach would allow football to continue all summer, and the CCC could clearly pick 5 weekends where County Players would be available e.g. rounds 1-3 and rounds 14-15. If Tyrone are elimated earlier that QF/SF, then all games become "starred" games going forward.

A proposal went around a year or two ago suggesting 11 games with and 11 without, but that required a total overhaul of how Tyrone leagues look and play i.e. reduction from 16 to 12 teams per league. The above would undoubtedly dilute the league's standing slightly, but something seriously needs done before the floor collapses and we ruin football for the 99% to cater for the 1%.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 16, 2019, 12:24:58 PM

I'd say that is even in doubt now, with the decent result v Roscommon if Tyrone beat Cork that'll leave them on 4 points, assuming the Rossies don't beat Dublin they'll be in the Semi Final with a win. Semi Finals are down for 10/11.

Would Tyrone playing in a All Ireland Semi-Final on the weekend of 10/11 August prevent a round of starred League fixtures from being held that weekend? Provided that there is no u20 game taking place.

Club boi

Quote from: Walter White on July 16, 2019, 02:24:57 PM
It is becoming clear that Club football cannot co-exist with inter-county football in counties that regularly make the QF stage (especially through the back door).

A solution is to follow the Mayo approach (where county players hardly play club) and flip the Tyrone league as it currently stands. 10 games to be played without county players and 5 with (which I suppose we could define as "starred games" seeing as the county men are actually playing). To make up for the loss of county players, the rounds with county players could play would count for double points (4pts for a win; 2 for a draw), therefore giving county players the chance to help their teams gain 20pts, whilst leaving their teammates to collect the rest whilst the county season continues.

This approach would allow football to continue all summer, and the CCC could clearly pick 5 weekends where County Players would be available e.g. rounds 1-3 and rounds 14-15. If Tyrone are elimated earlier that QF/SF, then all games become "starred" games going forward.

A proposal went around a year or two ago suggesting 11 games with and 11 without, but that required a total overhaul of how Tyrone leagues look and play i.e. reduction from 16 to 12 teams per league. The above would undoubtedly dilute the league's standing slightly, but something seriously needs done before the floor collapses and we ruin football for the 99% to cater for the 1%.

+1

Been saying for years GAA is in danger of following Irish Rugby and killing the club game completly, just tocater to the "elite" and county players become paid

square_ball

Division 3 games were pulled a few weeks ago on the basis that young Nugent from the Rock is on the U20 panel. So for the sake of 1 player who didn't even come on in the u20 match, 400+ club players were sat twiddling their thumbs during the period where you want to be playing football. I don't blame the player, club or county but something drastic needs done here. There is a lot of unhappy club players at the minute.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 16, 2019, 02:58:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 16, 2019, 12:24:58 PM

Would Tyrone playing in a All Ireland Semi-Final on the weekend of 10/11 August prevent a round of starred League fixtures from being held that weekend? Provided that there is no u20 game taking place.

You have a slight, slight chance if Tyrone were down for playing the 11th and they set fixtures for the 10th. They won't play on the same day though.

At this stage you'll not play any club until Tyrone are out, think there is just one round of starred to play? They might "get them out of the way" but there'll be nothing else in stone until all resolved at county level.

bogball88

Any word of reserve championships?

GaelTheGael