Where now for Tyrone?

Started by bennydorano, August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

A thread that's obviously required

bennydorano

Tyrone badly outmuscled Armagh, i was shocked tbh, and yet today they were on the receiving end of something similar. Very few could break a tackle.

End of the road for whom?

Tactics obviously.

Is Harte's future up for debate?

I think that result today is good for the rest of Ulster, after our destruction in the QF, I feared the establishment of a Reich, not so much now. That defeat will dent confidence and I'd expect a winter of discontent.

Zulu

Start by playing football. You've got good players so go out and let them play. Give yourselves a punchers chance and enjoy your football.

smelmoth

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Big calls to be made in Tyrone. The first question is not the future of Harte. The first question is whether playing a style of "football" that crushes the weak and clueless but manifestly won't beat the best sides if they have got their shit together is the way to go? If the answer is yes the future of Mickey probably doesn't come into question. If the answer is No then things become more up for discussion

under the bar

Quote from: bennydorano on August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Doesn't say much when you have to reply to your own thread nevertheless I suspect the real answer your question poses will come in few weeks if Mayo fall short.  The question will be 'What now for Gaelic football when only one team can afford to be professional?'

Syferus

It's really required? 32 of 33 teams end their seasons in defeat. You take a break and throw yourself at it again next season. It's not rocket science. Tyrone made the last four, they didn't get turfed out in June.

Cringey thread.

charlieTully

Serious lack of a plan B and a lack of leadership on the field today.  Big Sean has ran out of steam but he has been one of the players of our generation,  a player so good we all hate him, purely because he is so good. Colm Cavanagh stood tall but let himself down with that attempted murder. Harte and Donnelly were kept well under wraps today which no other side have been able to do. Tiarnan McCann has developed into one of the best players in the country and should be a shoe in for an all star but one man can only do so much. Leaving one man up front alone was bizarre. Surely at some stage in a game when losing you have to just go for it. Saying that Tyrone missed 3 chances early second half that could have built confidence and they maybe could have made a game of it. Joe Brolley asked me to type this as his phone is broke.

trileacman

Not much need for soul-searching after this. Dublin undefeated for the guts of 4 years. We'll play the same strategy as any team fit to beat them in championship.

The thread shouldn't really read where now for Tyrone it's where now for everyone. There's none of us within an asses roar of Dublin except an ageing mayo side who've yet to beat them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wildweasel74

whats u think of playing M Donnelly corner forward??

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 07:53:53 PM
whats u think of playing M Donnelly corner forward??

When did that happen?

Wildweasel74

its a big difference drifting out the field from corner forward, u bring a marker with you, when he played midfield he was getting more freedom as midfielder tend not to man mark each other, and was man of the match in a number of games last year, he didn't  count the day.

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
It's really required? 32 of 33 teams end their seasons in defeat. You take a break and throw yourself at it again next season. It's not rocket science. Tyrone made the last four, they didn't get turfed out in June.

Cringey thread.
Sure if you're not interested just go and write some more McGregor Fanboy fiction.

Solo_run

As an Armagh fan I'll say I'm delighted to see Cavanagh retire and regardless of the things he has done goo or bad he was a great player for Tyrone and will be a big miss.

Enjoy your retirement Sean

An Watcher

I remember Kerry going to omagh one year and they were stuffing tyrone by about 10 points.  McMenamin comes on at ht n grabs galvin by the billiards.  Mini riot then tyrone start reeling them in and they get a draw.  That's what was needed today

thewobbler

If Tyrone would just push  up on opposition kickouts they might not have that much work to do.