U17 Football Championship

Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 24, 2017, 09:48:20 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 24, 2017, 08:48:36 PM
Big day getting near for these young lads, got my ticket today after a lot of phone calls and really looking forward to all 3 games.
Out of interest what type of ticket did you get, upper or lower seat or standing in the Nally or Hill 16?

Got a lower hogan from a dub would you believe, Ill have to stay silent for senior game.

Rossfan

Best of luck tomorra lads.
Time to head for the oul' leaba now, early start for th'oul MF tomorrow....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Roscommon TOTALLY outclassed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Stall the Bailer

Looking like the first title is heading to Tyrone.  :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mini Canavan is a Major talent! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zulu

What's the score? Can't access Tg4.

Stall the Bailer

imtommygunn

Different game now. Still five in it mind.

Stall the Bailer

Stall the Bailer

Substandard

Well done to the Tyrone lads, blitzed us for 20 minutes in first half.  I feared for a complete annihilation in second half, but the Rossies stuck to the task admirably, and Tyrone kicked a good few wides as Ros were clawing it back.  It never looked like we could manufacture a goal, however, whereas it looked like it was coming for a while for Tyrone.  Plenty to be optimistic about- with the proper supports and coaching, hopefully a few of these lads will be able to step up to senior level.

mrhardyannual

Hard luck Ros. It would have been nice to see a western win. On the wider point I doubt if this grade of football will be much of a guide to future senior success. Minor to senior is difficult enough to predict.

Rossfan

We were blown away for that 20 minutes before ht.
We were 2nd in every aspect of the game.
At least we restored some pride with a spirited 2nd half.
I could criticise lads but they're only 16/17 year olds trying to do their best so leave them alone.
Well done Tyrone but 9 points a bit harsh on our buckeens..
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 27, 2017, 03:01:21 PM
Hard luck Ros. It would have been nice to see a western win. On the wider point I doubt if this grade of football will be much of a guide to future senior success. Minor to senior is difficult enough to predict.
I'd say the objective for Roscommon with that group of U17s is to get as many of them as possible to play U20 level over the next 3 years and win a provincial title or two.senior and who makes the step up comes after that.

Tyrone very impressive they punished every mistake Roscommon made and were determined not to concede a goal. It was easy to see why they beat a decent Meath team by 7 points in semi final held them to a mere 0-10.

omagh_gael

That was some goal from wee God. He can carry the ball at pace faster than most sprinting alongside him!