118cmal

We should be trying to get Pochettino

ned

Quote from: 118cmal on October 25, 2020, 09:02:52 PM

Didn't realise Mauricio had a brother.

6th sam

Quote from: Itchy on October 25, 2020, 08:56:33 PM
not sure can you blame neil Lennon for some of the shite in that game. Duffy wants a kick in the hole, he is playing like he is too good for scotland. Thats the 3rd game I have watched him in and he has been piss. Now we know he is capable of a lot more but it is easy to blame the manager
I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert, but the body language of 2 people stuck out for me today. NL was emotionless after celtic scored and Duffy has completely lost his swagger. Duffy having lost his Brighton place and playing no football for months, plays 3 unsuccessful international games as captain and failed to win in celtic jersey in 3 games , which is nearly unheard of. He looks tired and devoid of confidence , whilst wanting to fit into a new team and provide leadership. In celtic you don't get time to settle. NL similarly must be having a crisis of confidence . He has been unlucky with Covid and injury , especially given international pressures, he lost his coach Damian Duff, Rangers are going good ( which was inevitable given their hunger and extra motivation this year), empty stadiums, and there's serious pressure for 10iar. For someone known to be fiery he looks flat . He has a documented history of depression, he's never allowed to drop a point , he gets very little credit despite a stellar playing and management career, and he was victim to very serious racist/sectarian  abuse. Many Celtic fans anxious for 10iar aren't prepared to cut him a bit of slack and get behind him. Rangers fans however stuck by gerrard who has had an abysmal record.  If Lennon is to be replaced, it's a massive gamble. How many available managers out there could come in to the Glasgow cauldron , learn about the team, learn about Scottish football, and guarantee they'll win every game, because that's what'll be required?
It seems to me that the most sensible thing is to back NL and get back a bit of fight and siege mentality. Consider a defensive addition to coaching staff , and  as Celtic get back their injured players, Rangers probably won't have the squad to last the season. Bring in Sam Allardyce, Mark Hughes ? Journeymen with no idea of Scottish football , no idea of Celtic team , and no idea how to deal with the expectation of winning every game they play . Surprised you didn't suggest 'Arry Redknapp.
I don't know NL but I feel very strongly that he is a much maligned figure that has suffered horrendous abuse, and I'd love to see celtic fans and especially players rally behind him. I think he deserves that, and I also think it's Celtic's best chance of 10iar.

SHEEDY

Quote from: 118cmal on October 25, 2020, 09:02:52 PM
seriously? Why not go for Pep or klopp? 🙄
nil satis nisi optimum

balladmaker

I'd leave NL where he is.  A 3-2 win today and I suspect the conversation here would be a lot different. 6pts down with a game in hand, 2/3 of season remaining, and I'd question Rangers stamina to last the season, it's far from game over yet. NL looks lacking in confidence given his demeanour in recent interviews, a win will help change that, unfortunately that win wasn't today.

Applesisapples

When Steven Gerrard is out thinking you tactically you are in trouble. Lennon is the manager, its not a one man job. If he is not getting the support from the backroom that is required he either needs to make changes or go. Celtic have been relatively poor from Rogers left and Lennon came back. A good run in the Europa League and a final win against a better Rangers team papered over the cracks. Something is wrong and its Lennons job to fix it. They have better resources than any other Scottish team.

Angelo

Rogic was Celtic's best player at the weekend. Two assists and instrumental in the winning of the penalty, as he set Ajer away who put the cross in for the penalty.

His reward? Gets dropped and Brown restored to the side.

It defies any sort of rational thinking.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

From the Bunker

Quote from: Angelo on October 29, 2020, 05:22:16 PM
Rogic was Celtic's best player at the weekend. Two assists and instrumental in the winning of the penalty, as he set Ajer away who put the cross in for the penalty.

That is unless he is saving Rogic for Domestic games.

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 29, 2020, 06:07:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 29, 2020, 05:22:16 PM

That is unless he is saving Rogic for Domestic games.

Brown for Rogic is the only change from the weekend. Why not save other players for domestic duty. Rogic is easily out of the most talented players in that Celtic team, he has been fit and available for the bulk of the season and has barely got a look in.

He did on Sunday, got himself two assists, was his teams best player and gets benched as a result.

Angelo

Decent start from Celtic here.

Laxalt has been really good.

general_lee

Angelo

Great goal and well deserved lead for Celtic.

Angelo

2-0.

Easily our best football of the season. Team looks hungry and well balanced.

Aaron Boone

general_lee

Very happy with that half. Never a penalty for me