Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Started into the cycling as well - nice to get out for a while after work. I'm only doing about 45 minutes at a time, but it's very much uphill for the first few miles - a bit easier on the way back as I return on the same route. I'm hoping to build up my stamina over the next few weeks and get a few decent spins at the weekend.

Mayo4Sam

Lads what's all this MPH lark? Kph! ;D

Flann, I'd say any form of a group cycle will average about 20-22kph, you won't get over the affect of drafting, takes all the work out of it.
Did Sandymount to enniscrone on good Friday, 270k, was dreading it but loved it!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

WeeDonns

Won my first race on the way to work this morning.

Was cruising through the docks at 22kph and some f**ker overtook me on a mountain bike. Caught up with him at the traffic lights and then took off like a mad man when they went green. Beat him easy in the end, even though he didn't actually know he was in a race ;D

Mayo4Sam

He knew WD, they all know. Anyone who overtakes you is automatically in a race!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JimStynes

Quote from: JimStynes on August 02, 2011, 06:55:05 PM
What would you pay for a Felt z80? It's about 3/4 year old but it is basically in perfect condition, new wheels, seat, bearings etc just been put on it.

Anyone  ???

Puckoon

Quote from: JimStynes on August 02, 2011, 10:58:47 PM
What would you pay for a Felt z80? It's about 3/4 year old but it is basically in perfect condition, new wheels, seat, bearings etc just been put on it.

Anyone  ???

I'll give you 50 Euro?

Orior

Quote from: WeeDonns on August 02, 2011, 09:30:05 PM
Won my first race on the way to work this morning.

Was cruising through the docks at 22kph and some f**ker overtook me on a mountain bike. Caught up with him at the traffic lights and then took off like a mad man when they went green. Beat him easy in the end, even though he didn't actually know he was in a race ;D

I know how you feel. It's the same whether I'm walking, running, swiming, cycling or driving!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: Puckoon on August 02, 2011, 11:00:36 PM

Anyone  ???

I'll give you 50 Euro?

Im buying not selling  :D

maddog

Anyone  ???

Id say given that the bike would have been in around £800 then i say around £350, depends on what replacement components were put back on. If you can get any more detail on the spec especially wheels and hubs then you would get a better idea.

robertemmet

I have recently setup an online blog with some cycling articles, GAA pieces etc.

Any thoughts welcome http://mal-sport.blogspot.com

Any posters on here doing the inishowen 100 next Sunday?

Bingo

First multi-discipline event tomorrow, the Cavan Kayakarun outside cootehill. 5km run, 1km Kayak and a 16km cycle to finish. Looking forward to it and at least I know it'll be a PB regardless ie once i finish. Second year of this event and seems to be a good wee crowd doing it, it is been billed as more of a fun/relaxed event but no doubt their will be a few elite level doing it.

WeeDonns

That doesn't sound too bad Bingo. I wouldn't mind trying something like that. I'm not the best swimmer, so i like the idea of a kayak instead - they do that for Gael force north, held up by gweedore

I'm thinking of aiming for this sportif in September, might just do the shorter one
http://www.giantscausewaycoastsportive.com/

Bingo

I'm debating weather to start swimming to do a triathlon proper but don't think I'm anywhere near a decent swimmer or would have the time to do it as well as keep running and on the bike.

Plenty of them adventure type races on like the Gael Force west and north. Plan to do one next year if I keep at it.

AZOffaly

I cycled to Murroe from Newport Yesterday evening, and back again because my soccer was cancelled. f**k me. It's about a 16k round trip, with a few gentle enough hills and I was absolutely verschnickered after it.

First time I've cycled a bike since I left Arizona in 2001. (The bike still has the moving company's inventory sticker on it :D)  It might be another 10 years!

Bingo

Cavan kayakarun all done, great event and well run with 300 turning in to do it. Finished in 1hr 18, pretty happy with that, kayak was a whore trying to keep it straight! Fair play to the winner who I'd know who done the warrenpoint triathln that morning, finishing 8th in that, then driving back to cootehill and doing 56 mins to win. Some machine.