Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on October 18, 2010, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2010, 04:00:40 PM
PS.You can get squash shoes and badminton shoes too. I would have thought a tennis pro like Hardy would know that.

Hmm ... let me see if I can figure out how this game works. You can get tomato compost in 50Kg bags. I would imagine every carpenter would know that.

Careful Hardy, people are gonna think that you're even weirder than me!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Quote from: lolafrola on October 18, 2010, 10:36:22 AM
A lot of people seem to have back problems when first starting out. Why is this?
The back trouble's been with me for 20 years, it's a pity I only discovered cycling this year as it has been very good for my back - especially the posture on the hybrid (compared it to my road bike).  I was going to upgrade to a more expensive hybrid instead of the road bike.  I'm beginning to regret the decision a bit now - but hopefully my proposed changes will help.

bennydorano

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 06, 2010, 07:59:50 PM
Im doing up to 30km every Saturday in the Phoenix Park. Going to start go in the evenings after work now that the evenings are bright.
Starting off all i could manage was 4 or 5km,and really wanted to quit but stuck at it and have lost a stone and a half since christmas and am fitter than I have been in years.

How da f**k did you lose so much weight so quickly?  I easily clocked a couple thousand miles from May on and lost about 3/4's of a stone in total.  Apart from the chinkers, pizza and gargle I dont know were I'm going wrong :P

pintsofguinness

any of you boys know anything about spokes constantly breaking

3 weeks ago broke something like 6 spokes (back wheel) and buckled it - all fixed
last week I noticed them all loose again - got them looked at - a couple broken were replaced and rest tightened
Now, I notice there's at least another one broke and the wheel buckled (very slightly - but it's sticking) again.

f**k me I'm sick of this - I reckon all the spokes are dodgy now - worth just forking out for a new wheel?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

Not an expert POG but it would sound like something fundamental wrong with the wheel.

Who looked at them when you got the spokes looked at?

How'd you buckle the wheel - you crash?

Tyrones own

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2010, 09:55:08 PM
Not an expert POG but it would sound like something fundamental wrong with the wheel.

No.... it was a collision  :-X
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2010, 09:55:08 PM

Yeah it was a bit of a collision (not a crash).

Bike shop fixed it. Not impressed at all - bike only 6 months old and it's had a back tyre replaced, break pads (if that's the technical term) and now probably a back wheel.

lawnseed

i'd have sold you my vfr 800i. had to get rid of it i was gonna kill myself drinking and those girls in leather :o :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Trying to fix your wheel will be throwing away good money after bad.

Treat yourself to an early Christmas present and get yourself a new bike.

Fair play to you if you cycled into work this morning!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Orior on November 29, 2010, 10:06:13 PM

the bike's only 6 months old

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2010, 10:07:09 PM

It might Be but like everything else, you need to do a bit research on the varying components that different models
come standard with...joking aside, I'd say the components on said model aren't great, can't say I've ever had problems with spokes  :-\
Like the man says, if ye can afford it go and buy yourself something decent for Christmas, especially one that'll stand up to the miles you're logging!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 29, 2010, 10:53:19 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 29, 2010, 10:07:09 PM

It might Be but like everything else, you need to do a bit research on the varying components that different models
come standard with...joking aside, I'd say the components on said model aren't great, can't say I've ever had problems with spokes  :-\
Like the man says, if ye can afford it go and buy yourself something decent for Christmas, especially one that'll stand up to the miles you're logging!
Aye it's full of dodgy parts I think. That said though it must have done about 1000 miles easy.
It was near 300 quid so I was hoping it'd last longer than 6 months!

Hardy

Go back to the bike shop and ask for their spokesman.

illdecide

Sounds like the verticle loading coming from the seat area is to great for the wheel to cope with...hence the buckling :D

Just buy a new wheel FFS (prob £40 will get it)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebigfella

Is it not under warranty? Mine has lifetime on the frame and 2 years on wheels, forks, components etc.