Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Quote from: maddog on April 18, 2013, 12:12:57 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 18, 2013, 11:29:35 AM
Lads, just picket up a 26 x 1.75 tyre  in Lidl this morning. The size on my bike tyre says 26 x 1.60

Will I be ok?

Should be fine

Thanks MD
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

gerrykeegan

Quote from: gerry on April 18, 2013, 12:20:02 PM
I going to pop in to see if the chain cleaner they have advertised is any good as it looks a bargain for under a fiver

I got the Chain cleaning kit looks grand. the tyre and tube for €14! Cant be bad

gerry

Nothing worst than arriving for a cycle and your chain is bogging and everyone else chain looks like than it was just bought.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerrykeegan

Quote from: gerry on April 18, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
Nothing worst than arriving for a cycle and your chain is bogging and everyone else chain looks like than it was just bought.

I have my bike six years (cycle to work most days, winter and summer) the chain got its first clean and oil about a month ago!

Orior

Thanks to those last two posts, I now realise that Gerry and GerryKeegan are two different people.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on April 18, 2013, 01:29:33 PM
Thanks to those last two posts, I now realise that Gerry and GerryKeegan are two different people.

:D :D
MWWSI 2017

gerrykeegan

Are you sure?

I could just be chatting to myself!

maddog

Neither of which you would want to assist putting their chain back on.

bennydorano

Quote from: gerry on April 18, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
I spray my chain with WD40, give it a wipe with a babywipe & then lube it again, shifts some dung of the chain & a lot less footery.

gerry

for £4 a bargain

Mayo4Sam

Anyone doing any races?
Had the first Mayo cycling race there a week ago, my first race, some speed. One bad crash with a dislocated shoulder and a busted eye. Must say I really enjoyed it.

Back out this Wednesday for the second one and Tuesday for the Connacht TT league, can't wait.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

Fair play to you for racing, I am the wrong side of forty to start it now.

bennydorano

Dan Martin wins Leige-Bastonne-Leige. A huge victory in the final Classic of the season. Rode a superb tactical race. After his Tour of Catyluna win  the world's his oyster.

gerry

great ride by dan today, he is looking good for the tours.  nico over 4 minutes down and contador fell back big style after showing good at the start, andy done well to finish this one

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dan Martin emulates Seán Kelly with Belgian win

Ireland's Dan Martin of the Garmin-Sharp team won the Liège-Bastogne-Liège Classic on Sunday. Spain's Joaquim Rodríguez was second in the 261.5km hilly one-day race, with Spain's Alejandro Valverde in third.

After a late attack by Rodríguez on the final ascent, Martin caught the Spaniard then broke away with 400 metres to go for a lone win. Martin is the second Irishman, after Seán Kelly, in 1984 and 1989, to win the race.

The first breakaway came when Lotto Belisol's Bart De Clercq opened up a lead of 14 minutes alongside Vincent Jérôme (Europcar), Jonathan Fumeaux and Pirmin Lang (both IAM Cycling), Frederik Veuchelen (Vacansoleil-DCM) and Sander Armée (Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator). However, after the group hit the climbs towards the end of the race, they were hauled back with just under 40km to go.

A succession of riders attempted to break clear with Garmin Sharp's Ryder Hesjedal gaining a 20-second lead at one point, but the peloton kept hauling any lone riders back in.

Rodríguez made his charge when a kilometre out but Martin went with him and used his fresher legs to attack when 400 metres out to claim his first major one-day victory.

The win bridges a 21-year gap to the last Irish classic triumph of Kelly in San Remo in 1992.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/dan-martin-emulates-se%C3%A1n-kelly-with-belgian-win-1.1367553
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...