Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I also forgot to add that i think i'm cycling in too high a gear (would that be hurting my back). If i drop a gear or 2 and basically cycle the legs a bit faster would that help?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mayo4Sam

Shouldn't be hurting your back. Cycling with a higher cadence/revs should save ur energy though
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mickey Linden

U know the route the Clan Eireann cycle is following illdecide?

the Deel Rover

I'm looking at  the Giant Defy 5 bike as a possible purchase. Any of ye lads have one in the past ,what is your opinon of them ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

gerry

i have being riding a giant now for two years with no issues.  what sort of price range have you in mind and have you thought about second hand
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

trileacman

Gerry's sniffing a sale.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

illdecide

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 05, 2012, 09:04:39 AM
U know the route the Clan Eireann cycle is following illdecide?

I do Micky, i done a trial run last weekend...Clann Eireann club onto Aghagallon, Aghalee a few mile past that and cut back intowards the Lough and round by Derrymore, Bartons bay and back to Lurgan again...

gerry

Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2012, 10:48:40 PM
Gerry's sniffing a sale.

naw, keeping my current bike for the wet cold January days.  i just think there is loads of good second hand bikes that people are trading up on
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the Deel Rover

Quote from: gerry on September 05, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
i have being riding a giant now for two years with no issues.  what sort of price range have you in mind and have you thought about second hand

It was 2 months since i was talking to the bike dealer i seem to reall him saying between 550 and 600 yo yo's however from reading posts on this thread i would probably be better getting different tyres as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

illdecide

Done the 25 mile trek today and went great. V good turn out and all for worthy cause (PIPS), hammered it home in the last 3 mile and was busted by the time i got back to the club...sore lower back again but not as bad as last week and done a longer distance today

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on September 09, 2012, 10:57:37 PM
Done the 25 mile trek today and went great. V good turn out and all for worthy cause (PIPS), hammered it home in the last 3 mile and was busted by the time i got back to the club...sore lower back again but not as bad as last week and done a longer distance today

Hey, where was that? Thats about my distance. I did 26 mile.

Actually woke up with a splitting headache and thought I would cycle it off, as you can do by jogging.

But it didnt work.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo4Sam

Anybody else using strava? Great app which maps ur cycle and then shows u how to compare to others who have cycled a similar segment of that route. Can't recommend it highly enough
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

LeoMc

This might strike a chord for a few lads (Mamil's) on here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10965608

bennydorano

Worlds on at the minute, TT 2moro with Tony Martin 4/7 in a weak lookin field, no Wiggins, Cancellara & Froome pulled out today, Contador @ 9/2 could be his only threat ( & he mite be saving himself for the roadrace on Sunday).

I've Tommy Voeckler backed EW @ 20's for the road race.

the Deel Rover

Any one watching road to glory british cycling it's on an the moment on sky 108 . It's about Wiggins and this years tour very interesting
Crossmolina Deel Rovers